Destinations Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Hassan II Mosque (Casablanca)
- Koutobia Minaret (Marrakesh)
- Jemaa El Fna (Marrakesh)
- Essaouira Medina
- Ait Ben Haddou
- Todra Palmeraie Gorge (Erfoud)
- Erg Chebbi Desert
- Camel Ride in the Dunes
- Royal Palace (Rabat)
- Cape Town Orientation Tour
- Table Mountain (Cape Town)
- Cape Peninsula (Cape Town)
- Winelands (near Cape Town)
- Robben Island
- Kruger National Park
- Board on rail to see Machu Picchu
- Visit the world renowned and colorful Indian market in Pisac
- Enjoy a guided walking tour around Cuzco
- Visit lake Titicaca
- Embark on an unforgettable boat journey to explore the magnificent scenery and fascinating life on and around the lake.
- Visit the floating islands of the Uros Indians
- Enjoy a guided afternoon tour of both colonial and modern Lima
- Visit Gold Museum and Fernando Botero Museum (Bogota)
- See the famous underground salt cathedral (near Bogota)
- Visit the coffee Hacienda San Alberto and immerse yourself in the world of coffee
- Enjoy a spectacular drive to Cocora Valley
- Visit sculpture park of Botero (Medellin)
- Visit the La Popa Convent and San Felipe Castle (Cartagena)
- Explore Cartagena’s Walled Old Town
- Experience walking Tour of Amsterdam
- You’ll visit major highlights of Anne Frank’s House (Amsterdam)
- Visit Haymarket (Cologne)
- Visit Jewish Baths (Cologne)
- Visit Gothic Cologne Cathedral (Der Kölner Dom)
- Walking Tour of Old Town (Koblenz)
- See the fabulous St. Castor’s Basilica (Koblenz)
- Schängel Fountain (Koblenz)
- Mannheim Palace
- Walking Tour of Strasbourg
- Visit the concentration camp at Auschwitz, now a museum honoring the victims of the Holocaust
- See the 13th century Matthias Coronation Church and the Citadel on Mount Gellert.
- See historical sights including the Monument of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
- Voyage to the charming artist’s town of Szentendre
- Enjoy a panoramic tour taking you along the Ring Boulevard, past Emperor Franz Josef’s Hofburg Palace and the ornate State Opera to a masterpiece of Gothic architecture, the Cathedral of St. Stephen’s
- Visit the quaint towns of Duernstein and Telc en route to Prague
- See the 14th-century Charles Bridge and explore the charming Old Town in Prague
- Helsinki Tour
- Danube Bend
- Enjoy a tour to the Vatican which includes visits to St. Peter’s Basilica, the spectacular Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museum
- Explore Imperial Rome
- Visit the Colosseum
- Walk under the Arch and marvel at the ruins of the Roman Forum
- See Michelangelo’s celebrated David
- View the famous Piazza del Miracoli and the amazing Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Embark on a boat tour to the island of Murano
- Explore Table Mountain (Cape Town)
- See the Cape Peninsula (Cape Town)
- Explore amazing Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Visit to Kruger National Park
- Vist Apartheid Museum (Johannesburg)
- City Tour of Paris – Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe & more!
- Monet’s House & Gardens (Giverny)
- Versailles Optional Excursion
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame (Rouen)
- Mont St. Michel (Normandy)
- Normandy Beaches
- Normandy American Cemetery
- Chateau de Chambord (Loire Valley)
- Chateau Villandry (Loire Valley)
- Chateau Chenonceau (Loire Valley)
- Wine Tasting (Civray de Touraine)
- Cezanne Studio (Aix-en-Provence)
- Palais des Papes (Avignon)
- Calanques Cruise (Cassis)
- Monte Carlo Optional Excursion
- Grasse & St. Paul de Vence Optional Excursion
- Taj Mahal
- Delhi Sightseeing
- Elephant Ride to Amber Fort (Jaipur)
- Sunrise Boat Ride on the Ganges River
- Durbar Square (Kathmandu)
- Visit the Tiananmen Square (Beijing)
- See the Great Wall (Beijing)
- Learn about the Terra Cotta Soldiers (Xian)
- See The Bund (Shanghai)
- Enjoy an Yangtze River Cruise
- Li River (Guilin)
- See spectacular city view from Victoria Peak (Hong Kong)
- The Western Wall (Jerusalem)
- Church of Holy Sepulcher (Jerusalem)
- Basilica of the Annunciation (Nazareth)
- Yad Vashem (Holocaust Museum)
- Dead Sea
- Mount of Olives (Jerusalem)
- Vibrant Tel Aviv
- Sea of Galilee
- Golan Heights
- Kibbutz Stay
- Eilat Extension, with optional full day excursion to mystical Petra ($249, lunch included)
- Buddhist Temples (Bangkok)
- Floating Market (Bangkok)
- Grand Palace (Bangkok)
- Wat Mongkol Borpith Statue (Ayutthaya)
- Elephant Camp (Chiang Mai)
- Wat Doi Suthep (Chiang Mai)
- Visit Tortuguero Village
- See the Arenal Volcano
- Explore Monteverde Cloud Forest
- Visit to Curi-Cancha Forest Reserve
- See the Oxcart Factory in Sarchi
- Giraffe Center (Nairobi)
- Samburu National Reserve
- Mt. Kenya
- Lake Naivasha
- Masai Village
- Tanzania Game Parks Extension, including the Ngorongoro Crater
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Destinations Experiences
Destinations Trip Reviews
35,510 Destinations Tour Reviews - Summary 96% Recommend
All Destinations tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.7 for all Destinations trips.