Safaris Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Enjoy of sightseeing around both Old and New Delhi
- Visit the Raj Ghat and Shanti Vana
- Visit the Mahatma Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru, Jama Masjid.
- See the President's House, Parliament House, Government Secretariat Buildings and Connaught Place, New Delhi’s main shopping center.
- See leopard, sloth bear, deer, Indian gaur, sambar deer, chital, wild boar, gray jackal, wild dog and troops of langurs
- Listen to the sounds of the jungle, an experience both exciting and chilling
- Visit the endless skies, barren deserts, rugged mountains and spectacular wildlife
- Enjoy nature drives and walking safaris in this vast landscape
- See the ostrich, springbok, oryx, spotted and brown hyena, and bat-eared fox
- Enjoy the Walvis Bay Harbour, old boat wrecks, and spot pelicans, dolphins and seals, and even whales and turtles in season
- Explore the museums and historical highlights of Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town with an expert guide
- Discover diverse scenery as you travel through the forested mountains of Mpumalanga, visit Blyde River Canyon and cruise on the World Heritage site of Lake St Lucia
- Experience an up-close interaction with elephants. Meet, touch, feed and learn about their fascinating behavior
- Enjoy exhilarating wildlife viewing in 4x4 vehicles in both Kruger National Park and Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Park
- Explore the grand Masai Mara, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Kenya’s top wildlife destination.
- Discover the pristine wildlife viewing and Kenya's only chimpanzee sanctuary at private Sweetwaters and the Ol Pejeta Conservancy.
- Enjoy fantastic wildlife viewing around the busy waterhole at your Mount Kenya tree lodge.
- Explore the Ngorongoro Crater, the world's largest free standing caldera.
- Discover Serengeti National Park, the most likely place in Eastern Africa to see the annual Great Migration of wildebeest.
- Enjoy a combination of ideally-situated permanent and tented camps and small lodges.
- Spot wild game & bird life on day and night safari drives in Tarangire National Park
- Mingle with members of centuries-old Masai villages and discover their unspoiled lifestyle
- Descend 2,000 feet into the Ngorongoro Crater, teeming with exotic wildlife
- Explore vast Serengeti National Park, Tanzania’s first & largest park
- View crocodiles & hippos along the wooded shores of the Grumeti River
- Greet the day on a sunrise hot-air balloon ride over the Masai Mara, watching for Africa’s Big Five – buffalo, elephant, lion, leopard & rhinoceros
- Watch chimpanzees families in Kibale’s mahogany forests
- View tree-climbing lions in the Ishasha wilderness
- Discover the Kikorongo & Batwa Pygmy cultures in western Uganda
- Relish up-close encounters with mountain gorillas in their natural habitat
- Enjoy cherishable moments watching beautiful grassland and rolling hills
- Visit bird watcher’s paradise
- Explore Serengeti National Park
- Visit Lake Manyara, a bird watcher’s paradise
- See a variety of animals such as impala, elephant, dik-dik, bush buck, hippo and if you’re lucky you might see the famous tree-climbing lions of Manyara
- Visit world’s largest intact volcanic caldera, Ngorongoro Crater
See the highlights of Cape Town on the half day city. Relax for a few days in this Mother City or choose optional tours to the Cape Peninsula and Cape Winelands. Then an exciting safari awaits you - game viewing in open safari vehicles by day and at night and on guided bush walks. Simply South Africa at it’s finest!
- Enjoy game drive in specially outfitted safari vehicle
- Visit Kingdom of Swaziland
- Boat rides at Lake St Lucia and Knysna
- Explore Cape of Good Hope
- Experience Game viewing and a picnic lunch in Tarangire National Park
- Game drive in Lake Manyara National Park find an abundance of wildlife.
- Visit Olduvai Gorge, an archeological site
- Explore Serengeti National Park
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Safaris Experiences
Witnessing the annual migration of 1.3 million wildebeest in East Africa’s Serengeti, one of the great natural wonders of the world.
Going on a gorilla tracking tour in Uganda, Rwanda, and learning about these incredible gentle giants. And feeling the incredible power of their presence as you enter their territory as respectfully as possible.
Watching intently as a pride of lions cross the grasslands within eyeshot of a herd of Thomson’s gazelles on a tour of Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania.
Encountering Maasai tribesmen dressed in traditional red cloaks herding their cattle as wildlife roam nearby.
Checking off the "Big 5" – elephant, rhino, lion, leopard, and Cape buffalo – and many more (giraffe, zebra, cheetah, hippo, etc.) from your life list while on safari in Kruger National Park.
Exploring Botswana’s Okavango Delta, where annual flood waters attract vast numbers of wild animals.
Picnicking at the hippo pool, with a lunch spread out on the hood of your safari vehicle.
Enjoying the view of the savannah from your safari lodge private deck as you sip a glass of South African wine.
Safaris Trip Reviews
7,174 Safaris Tour Reviews - Summary 91% Recommend
All Safari tours and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.5 for all Safaris trips.