Safaris Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Experience a private game reserve after dark in an open top 4x4 vehicle
- Enjoy traditional South African cuisine while dining under the stars
- Try to spot the Big Five in Kruger National Park on a full day game drive
- Stay in a comfortable safari lodge in a communal setting with friendly hosts
- Visit the awesome Blyde River Canyon and view the Three Rondavels on your return trip to Johannesburg
- Take a memorable sunset safari in a private game reserve
- Enjoy two full-day game drives in the Kruger National Park
- Relax by a campfire under a starry sky while listening to the sounds of the night
- See the spectacular Blyde River Canyon and view the Three Rondavels on you return trip to Johanessburg
- Enjoy a game drive through Lake Mburo National Park
- Trek through mountainous forest terrain in search of a gorilla family in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest ( Gorilla permit is included ).
- Meet Uganda's majestic mountain gorillas for one breath taking hour.
- Visit Arusha
- Enjoy panoramic views of baobab and acacia trees
- Tarangire on a final morning game drive
- Visit Lake Manyara National Park
- Game drive in the conservancy before driving to the Lake Nakuru area
- Enjoy Kenya’s most famous game area
- Visit Maasai Mara
- Visit Cape Town
- Enjoy a full day at your leisure
- Visit Kruger National Park
- Visit mighty Victoria Falls for an awe-inspiring experience
- Be swept away by the eclectic history of cuba’s capital as you cruise through havana in a vintage american convertible and enjoy a 2-night feature stay at the iconic hotel nacional.
- Experience old-world charm at a leisurely pace in the colourful coastal town of trinidad. delve into the city’s sultry latin rhythms with a salsa class and enjoy plenty of free time for seaside relaxation.
- Glide around the culture-soaked streets of camaguey in true local style – on a bicycle taxi! feel the breeze on your cheeks as you explore parks, plazas and markets from the backseat of this traditional mode of transport.
- Relish a real garden-to-plate dining experience at an organic eco-farm in picturesque vinales – indulge in a variety of fresh produce all while gazing across sweeping views of the valley.
- Receive a fascinating insight into the rise and fall of the charismatic and highly celebrated cuban revolutionary – che guevara – at his mausoleum and museum in santa clara.
- Wake up to spectacular views of the forest canopy during a 2-night stay in chalets at buhoma lodge in bwindi impenetrable national park.
- Come face-to-face with rare mountain gorillas on the ultimate wildlife adventure.
- Trek through the world heritage-listed forests of uganda and spend an unforgettable hour in the presence of these majestic, gentle and contemplative creatures.
- Straddle both hemispheres with a visit to uganda’s equator line.
- Discover the diverse animal life, five lakes and impressive landscapes of lake mburo national park.
- Spend an unforgettable night in a small and intimate camp in lake mburo. spacious permanent tents are raised on wooden decks with large bedrooms, en-suite facilities and verandahs overlooking the lake and valley.
- Tarangire National Park, Enjoy your first game drive in safari vehicles
- See the Serengeti National Park is the world’s last great wildlife refuge as it contains an estimated three million large animals
- Explore the Ngorongoro Crater is the largest intact crater in the world
- See the incredible different habitats contain over 30,000 animals – including elephants, warthogs, flamingoes, magnificent birdlife, the rare black rhinoceros and all the predatory cats
- Enjoy the superb snorkeling and diving in the Mafia Archipelago.
- Relax on a private island complete with pristine white beaches.
- Visit one of Zanzibar's famous spice plantations.
- Explore Stone Town's winding streets, learning about the region’s mix of Arabic and African cultures.
- Explore the fascinating Ol Pejeta Conservancy in northern Kenya, famous for its excellent population of rhino.
- Visit the Sweetwaters Chimp Sanctuary and Northern White Rhino conservation project.
- Game view in the world famous Masai Mara, an excellent place to spot predators and other big game.
- Stay in two fantastic Kicheche Camps which offer some of the best certified guiding in Kenya.
- Relax beside the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean on Zanzibar, staying at a boutique beach resort.
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Safaris Experiences
Witnessing the annual migration of 1.3 million wildebeest in East Africa’s Serengeti, one of the great natural wonders of the world.
Going on a gorilla tracking tour in Uganda, Rwanda, and learning about these incredible gentle giants. And feeling the incredible power of their presence as you enter their territory as respectfully as possible.
Watching intently as a pride of lions cross the grasslands within eyeshot of a herd of Thomson’s gazelles on a tour of Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania.
Encountering Maasai tribesmen dressed in traditional red cloaks herding their cattle as wildlife roam nearby.
Checking off the "Big 5" – elephant, rhino, lion, leopard, and Cape buffalo – and many more (giraffe, zebra, cheetah, hippo, etc.) from your life list while on safari in Kruger National Park.
Exploring Botswana’s Okavango Delta, where annual flood waters attract vast numbers of wild animals.
Picnicking at the hippo pool, with a lunch spread out on the hood of your safari vehicle.
Enjoying the view of the savannah from your safari lodge private deck as you sip a glass of South African wine.
Safaris Trip Reviews
9,081 Safaris Tour Reviews - Summary 91% Recommend
All Safari tours and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.5 for all Safaris trips.