Safaris Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Impacted by Climate Change
- Discover Cape Town one of the world’s most beautiful drives.
- Explore Chobe River’s fascinating game viewing.
- Enjoy the river cruise in Zambezi River
- Opportunity to view Victoria Falls, one of the greatest natural wonders on earth
- Enjoy the Cruise along the Zambezi River.
- Explore Cape Town
- Explore Kruger National Park
- Embark on a full-day Intimate African Safari game drive
- Get an opportunity to visit George, Drostdy Museum and Stellenbosch
- Visit the fascinating Apartheid Museum, where the history of nearly 50 years of unequal rights
- Learn about Swazi Cultural
- Set off for a game-viewing drive through the Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Game Reserve
- Visit most beautiful national parks like Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti National Park and Tarangire National Park.
- Explore Arusha
- Enjoy fascinating look at Johannesburg
- Enjoy the glorious Victoria Falls commonly referred to as the smoke that thunders.
- Visit Chobe National Park
- Opportunity to experience 4-night safari cruise & 2 nights in Victoria Falls, 2 nights in Johannesburg, 7 nights at Tanzanian
- Experience A&K's best Tanzania itinerary on a flagship safari journey that features authentic tented safari camps
- In the wildlife-rich Ngorongoro Crater, enjoy a privately hosted barbecue lunch set apart from the main picnic area
- Visit a Maasai village to learn about the tribe's customs and daily life, and watch a private Maasai dance performance, during your Ngorongoro Camp stay
- Gain a sense of everyday life in Africa today as you ride by tuk-tuk and a enjoy a visit to the market in the vibrant town of Mto wa Mbu
- A&K's flagship Southern Africa safari journey, backed by more than five decades of on-the-ground experience
- Stay in intimate, boutique-style camps and lodges, available only to small groups or individual guests
- Get tips on capturing the best images of the "Big Five" during a private lecture with a professional photographer
- Glide through the Okavango Delta, water levels permitting, in a traditional mokoro (dugout canoe), observing aquatic life great and small, from massive hippos to tiny frogs
- Take a guided tour of thundering Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, experiencing them from both Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Coast along the Zambezi River on a relaxing sunset cruise
- Explore the grand Masai Mara, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Kenya’s top wildlife destination.
- Discover the pristine wildlife viewing and Kenya's only chimpanzee sanctuary at private Sweetwaters and the Ol Pejeta Conservancy.
- Enjoy fantastic wildlife viewing around the busy waterhole at your Mount Kenya tree lodge.
- Explore the Ngorongoro Crater, the world's largest free standing caldera.
- Discover Serengeti National Park, the most likely place in Eastern Africa to see the annual Great Migration of wildebeest.
- Enjoy a combination of ideally-situated permanent and tented camps and small lodges.
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Safaris Experiences
Witnessing the annual migration of 1.3 million wildebeest in East Africa’s Serengeti, one of the great natural wonders of the world.
Going on a gorilla tracking tour in Uganda, Rwanda, and learning about these incredible gentle giants. And feeling the incredible power of their presence as you enter their territory as respectfully as possible.
Watching intently as a pride of lions cross the grasslands within eyeshot of a herd of Thomson’s gazelles on a tour of Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania.
Encountering Maasai tribesmen dressed in traditional red cloaks herding their cattle as wildlife roam nearby.
Checking off the "Big 5" – elephant, rhino, lion, leopard, and Cape buffalo – and many more (giraffe, zebra, cheetah, hippo, etc.) from your life list while on safari in Kruger National Park.
Exploring Botswana’s Okavango Delta, where annual flood waters attract vast numbers of wild animals.
Picnicking at the hippo pool, with a lunch spread out on the hood of your safari vehicle.
Enjoying the view of the savannah from your safari lodge private deck as you sip a glass of South African wine.
Safaris Trip Reviews
9,081 Safaris Tour Reviews - Summary 91% Recommend
All Safari tours and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.5 for all Safaris trips.