Explore! vs Apple Vacations - Tour Companies Compared
Compare details and see what other travelers are saying.
5 | Excellent
2 | Disappointing
Overall — 5
Value — 4.8
Guide — 4.8
Activities — 4.8
Lodging — 4.5
Transportation — 4.8
Meals — 4.8
Overall — 2
Value — 1.8
Guide — 1.6
Activities — 2.0
Lodging — 2.3
Transportation — 1.8
Meals — 2.1
Apple Vacations0.0 June 2016
A friend of mine booked 4 of us on an Apple Vacation to Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar in Cancun. One of the best vacations we ever had! No problems with flight, no problems with transfers. The airport in Cancun is difficult, but this had nothing to do with Apple Vacations. The hotel was wonderful, staff friendly and pleasant, and food was great. We had such a great time we went back again about a month later.Read more
Tour Apple Vacations Company Reviews
Apple Vacations0.0 June 2016
Our experience with Apple Vacations was phenomenal. First off, we got a great deal on our vacation package. All the Apple Vacations' representatives were courteous and informative both on the phone and on the resort. They provided transportation to and from the airport which was always on time and comfortable. Will be using them again.Read more
Tour Apple Vacations Company Reviews
|Tours||369 Trips||4 Trips|
|Average Trip Price Per Day||$ 0||$ 600|
|Operator Type||Mixed Land & Cruise||Mixed Land & Cruise|
|Size||Global Operator||Global Operator|
|Headquarters||Hampshire, UK||Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, US|
|Solo Friendly||No single supplement||N/A|
On our trips you'll see a mix of famous sights and hidden gems that others miss, or don't even know about. As travellers, we want to experience a country, not merely observe it. We'll take you closer to the country, its culture and people, often in unscripted, spontaneous, impossible-to-replicate ways. You'll come home having seen and experienced the country in a way that other travellers might never have.
Expert local guides
If you book a guided trip, like one of our small group tours, your guide or tour leader will use their expert insider knowledge and local connections to make the most of unexpected opportunities. You might be invited to watch the sunrise from a lighthouse or to join family Diwali celebrations. They'll be on hand to make sure your trip goes smoothly, taking care of logistics. Our tour leaders are all hand-picked and trained by our experienced team to ensure consistently high standards.
Small groups & private trips
Our average group size is just 12; big enough to meet like-minded people but small enough to get to the heart of a destination. All sorts of people travel on our trips; groups are usually a mix of solos, couples and friends united by an adventurous spirit and a sense of fun. Get in touch to learn more about the group already booked on a particular trip (age range, solos vs couples etc). If you’d prefer a more private experience, we also offer a large range of Self-Guided trips throughout Europe.
Responsible tourism is one of the driving principles of Explore. We care deeply about travelling in a way that positively impacts the people and places we visit.
We have joined forces with other leaders in the tourism industry to help tackle the largest environmental crisis ever faced: climate change. As a responsible tour operator, we know that we are part of the problem, but this is our commitment to become part of the solution.
We offset carbon on all trips booked with us. We recognise it’s not perfect, but believe that carbon offsetting is the most effective way of addressing carbon emissions in the short-to-medium term. By working with ClimateCare, a Gold Standard provider, we will offset the transport, accommodation and flights booked with us. This is part of a bigger project to reduce carbon, as part of our long-standing commitment to sustainable travel.
We carefully select our accommodation to give you a comfortable night's sleep in the best possible locations. The places we stay are every bit as important as the sights we visit and the things we do. Wherever possible we choose small, local and family-run properties. Occasionally, when we want to get off the beaten tourist trail, we may stay in more basic accommodation. Choices are based on what’s available in the places we want to stay; we choose the accommodation to suit the itinerary, not the other way around.
Travel with Confidence
Our protocols are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), and the European Commission and local government regulations and include personal protection, extensive disinfecting and physical distancing measures. When you travel with us you can be confident that we are doing everything possible to keep you safe.
General guidelines for the safe operation of Explore trips
• Given the ever-changing nature of local rules and protocols relating to COVID-19, our itineraries are under regular review and will be tweaked according to local requirements to ensure a safe experience. Should any major change be required, you will be informed prior to departure.
• Our Explore leaders will make judgement calls during the trip to modify the itinerary if appropriate social distancing can’t be achieved (for example to avoid a large crowds).
• Our Explore leaders will undergo detailed training on COVID-19 protocols and leading our trips in the ‘new normal’.
• Our Explore leaders will brief you on arrival on the usage of face masks and social distancing during the trip, based on local government guidelines.
• Only restaurants with strict protocols that comply with local requirements for food hygiene and social distancing will be used. We will encourage outdoor eating spaces where possible.
• All our staff and third party suppliers will continually be updated on any new health and safety protocols.
Protocols for transport
• Our drivers will follow local protocols on the usage of face masks and required social distancing.
• Our drivers will make alcohol-based hand sanitizer and paper tissues available in the vehicle and encourage customers to clean hands when they get into the vehicle.
• All relevant touch points (seats, door handles, etc.) in vehicles will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
Protocols for hotels
• Explore will only offer hotels that have specific COVID-19 protocols in place and comply with local government guidelines.
• We will ensure these measures include; enhanced room cleaning, ventilation, social distancing, regular cleaning and disinfection of high frequency touch points in public areas, food safety, staff re-training and minimising contact within the properties.
If you become unwell
• All Explore leaders are trained to support any customer who becomes ill during a trip.
• Explore has a country-specific response plan in place to enable us to coordinate the most appropriate medical support and local assistance in the event of a suspected COVID-19 case within the group.
• Explore leaders are supported by our 24/7 operations team and local in-country partners.
Our recommendations for you
• You should take your own face masks (minimum x2 reusable) and alcohol based hand sanitizer. Even if not required in your travel destination face masks are necessary for your flight there, and local rules can change. It’s better to be prepared.
• You should check with airline on their individual COVID-19 requirements before departure.
• You should carry your final documents on you as some airlines and arrival airports are requesting that you fill in a ‘passenger locator declaration’ which will require you to fill in your overnight hotel stops.
• You should regularly check your own government travel advice and that you meet the entry requirements including but not limited to COVID-19 tests, pre arrival health questionnaires and in country Track and trace apps etc.
Since 1969, Apple Vacations has been one of the top U.S. purveyors of all-inclusive vacations to mostly warm-weather resort destinations.
What Makes Apple Vacations Stand Out?
- All inclusive vacations
- Transfers included
- Award-winning tour company
- Exclusive non-stop vacation flights
- Easy-to-reach Apple representatives
- Great value
Operating on huge volume, Apple offers a wide array of discounts and will match any competitors’ prices if lower than theirs. Round-trip transfers between the destination airport and hotel are always included with every package. Transportation is taken care of at no additional cost, rather than overcharging for pick-ups like most travel sites. There is also a variety of added values such as room upgrades, golf discounts, and free weddings just to name a few.
Who Travels With Apple Vacations?
- All ages
- Those who love beach vacations
- ‘Soft’ adventurers
- Solo and group travelers
Anyone looking for an all-inclusive vacation package will love traveling with Apple Vacations. Majority of their travelers are US natives, but they welcome everyone onto their tours. It should be noted that all tours are conducted in English.
Apple Vacation tours typically aren’t physically demanding - the most you’ll have to potentially prepare for is 1 hour of walking at a leisurely pace.
- Central and South America
Apple Vacations will take you to all the tropical destinations that are popular with North Americans. White sand beaches that stretch for miles in Aruba, volcanoes and hidden waterfalls in Hawaii - the types of destination that everyone dreams of going to. Whilespecializing in warm-weather destinations, they also offer ski destinations in the winter. Go skiing with Apple Vacations in the U.S., Canada, South America, Europe, and even Japan!
Apple Vacations Travel Style
Apple Vacations is all about the classic fun-in-the-sun adventures. They typically focus on culture, nature, and soft adventure-themed activities. This could mean exploring a Riviera Maya adventure park on an Apple Vacations tour to Cancun, or snorkelling with tropical fish on an Apple Vacations Hawaii tour.
Accommodations range anywhere from 3 star hotels to 5 star resorts. You can choose what type of hotel you’d like to stay in depending on your interests, budget, and occasion. They work with big hotel chains that are great for weddings, family reunions, parties, and the like. It’s suggested to do some hotel research as every place offers a different experience. However, if you’re hoping for quirky local accommodations or culturally immersive homestays, you won’t find it here. Most meals are included, with many being large buffets catered by the hotel.
On Apple Vacations’ non-stop charter flights, they’ll typically leave in the morning and return in the evening, maximizing your time at your destination. (If departure cities aren’t convenient, they’ll work with commercial airlines to get you there.) Once you arrive at your destination airport, you’ll get a free transfer to your hotel (with a few exceptions).
Why Choose a Tour with Apple Vacations?
If you enjoy tropical vacations with open bars and buffets by the poolside, then you should travel with Apple Vacations. You get to choose what activities you’d like to do, and be in charge of how much free time you’d like. Additionally, the non-stop charter flights are a big plus, enabling you to avoid the delays and hassle of traveling by commercial airlines. If you don’t want to do a lot of planning or prep work and are primarily looking for a relaxing vacation, Apple can be an excellent choice.
However, if you’re hoping for quirky local accommodations or culturally immersive homestays, you won’t find it here.