Explore! vs Go Ahead Tours - Tour Companies Compared
Compare details and see what other travelers are saying.
5 | Excellent
Go Ahead Tours
5 | Excellent
Overall — 5
Value — 4.8
Guide — 4.8
Activities — 4.8
Lodging — 4.5
Transportation — 4.8
Meals — 4.8
Overall — 5
Value — 4.9
Guide — 4.9
Activities — 4.9
Lodging — 4.9
Transportation — 4.9
Meals — 4.9
This was a trip of a lifetime!0.0 November 2019
This was a trip of a lifetime! Everything went so smoothly. Everything and everyone were awesome!!
Tour Go Ahead Tours Company Reviews
WOW what a great experience0.0 September 2019
WOW what a great experience. Got to see all the great sites of London, Paris, and Rome. even with the added excursions there was still time to explore on our own. Best part of the whole tour was our awesome tour director Lexy Adams. She went above and beyond to make our trip smooth going and enjoyable. I can't imagine the tour without her. It was so comforting and stress free letting Goahead take care of every detail. If you get the chance go for it with Goahead!Read more
Tour Go Ahead Tours Company Reviews
Everyone was pleased with the sights0.0 August 2019
This was my first trip with GoAhead Tours and I was not the least bit disappointed. The itinerary was well planned, the tour director was the greatest and went above and beyond to make sure everyone was pleased with the sights. It was a small group and everyone got to know each other and form lasting friendships. I am so glad I decided to take this trip and to deal with GoAhead Tours.Read more
Tour Go Ahead Tours Company Reviews
|Tours||369 Trips||17 Trips|
|Average Trip Price Per Day||$ 0||$ 0|
|Operator Type||Mixed Land & Cruise||Group Tour Operator|
|Size||Global Operator||Global Operator|
|Headquarters||Hampshire, UK||Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA|
|Solo Friendly||No single supplement||N/A|
On our trips you'll see a mix of famous sights and hidden gems that others miss, or don't even know about. As travellers, we want to experience a country, not merely observe it. We'll take you closer to the country, its culture and people, often in unscripted, spontaneous, impossible-to-replicate ways. You'll come home having seen and experienced the country in a way that other travellers might never have.
Expert local guides
If you book a guided trip, like one of our small group tours, your guide or tour leader will use their expert insider knowledge and local connections to make the most of unexpected opportunities. You might be invited to watch the sunrise from a lighthouse or to join family Diwali celebrations. They'll be on hand to make sure your trip goes smoothly, taking care of logistics. Our tour leaders are all hand-picked and trained by our experienced team to ensure consistently high standards.
Small groups & private trips
Our average group size is just 12; big enough to meet like-minded people but small enough to get to the heart of a destination. All sorts of people travel on our trips; groups are usually a mix of solos, couples and friends united by an adventurous spirit and a sense of fun. Get in touch to learn more about the group already booked on a particular trip (age range, solos vs couples etc). If you’d prefer a more private experience, we also offer a large range of Self-Guided trips throughout Europe.
Responsible tourism is one of the driving principles of Explore. We care deeply about travelling in a way that positively impacts the people and places we visit.
We have joined forces with other leaders in the tourism industry to help tackle the largest environmental crisis ever faced: climate change. As a responsible tour operator, we know that we are part of the problem, but this is our commitment to become part of the solution.
We offset carbon on all trips booked with us. We recognise it’s not perfect, but believe that carbon offsetting is the most effective way of addressing carbon emissions in the short-to-medium term. By working with ClimateCare, a Gold Standard provider, we will offset the transport, accommodation and flights booked with us. This is part of a bigger project to reduce carbon, as part of our long-standing commitment to sustainable travel.
We carefully select our accommodation to give you a comfortable night's sleep in the best possible locations. The places we stay are every bit as important as the sights we visit and the things we do. Wherever possible we choose small, local and family-run properties. Occasionally, when we want to get off the beaten tourist trail, we may stay in more basic accommodation. Choices are based on what’s available in the places we want to stay; we choose the accommodation to suit the itinerary, not the other way around.
Travel with Confidence
Our protocols are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), and the European Commission and local government regulations and include personal protection, extensive disinfecting and physical distancing measures. When you travel with us you can be confident that we are doing everything possible to keep you safe.
General guidelines for the safe operation of Explore trips
• Given the ever-changing nature of local rules and protocols relating to COVID-19, our itineraries are under regular review and will be tweaked according to local requirements to ensure a safe experience. Should any major change be required, you will be informed prior to departure.
• Our Explore leaders will make judgement calls during the trip to modify the itinerary if appropriate social distancing can’t be achieved (for example to avoid a large crowds).
• Our Explore leaders will undergo detailed training on COVID-19 protocols and leading our trips in the ‘new normal’.
• Our Explore leaders will brief you on arrival on the usage of face masks and social distancing during the trip, based on local government guidelines.
• Only restaurants with strict protocols that comply with local requirements for food hygiene and social distancing will be used. We will encourage outdoor eating spaces where possible.
• All our staff and third party suppliers will continually be updated on any new health and safety protocols.
Protocols for transport
• Our drivers will follow local protocols on the usage of face masks and required social distancing.
• Our drivers will make alcohol-based hand sanitizer and paper tissues available in the vehicle and encourage customers to clean hands when they get into the vehicle.
• All relevant touch points (seats, door handles, etc.) in vehicles will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
Protocols for hotels
• Explore will only offer hotels that have specific COVID-19 protocols in place and comply with local government guidelines.
• We will ensure these measures include; enhanced room cleaning, ventilation, social distancing, regular cleaning and disinfection of high frequency touch points in public areas, food safety, staff re-training and minimising contact within the properties.
If you become unwell
• All Explore leaders are trained to support any customer who becomes ill during a trip.
• Explore has a country-specific response plan in place to enable us to coordinate the most appropriate medical support and local assistance in the event of a suspected COVID-19 case within the group.
• Explore leaders are supported by our 24/7 operations team and local in-country partners.
Our recommendations for you
• You should take your own face masks (minimum x2 reusable) and alcohol based hand sanitizer. Even if not required in your travel destination face masks are necessary for your flight there, and local rules can change. It’s better to be prepared.
• You should check with airline on their individual COVID-19 requirements before departure.
• You should carry your final documents on you as some airlines and arrival airports are requesting that you fill in a ‘passenger locator declaration’ which will require you to fill in your overnight hotel stops.
• You should regularly check your own government travel advice and that you meet the entry requirements including but not limited to COVID-19 tests, pre arrival health questionnaires and in country Track and trace apps etc.
Go Ahead Quick Facts
Age Range: All ages
Average Tour Price: $2,000-$4,000
Average Tour Duration: 8-18 days
Travel Style: Cultural immersion and education with active experiences.
The world’s largest private education travel company, Go Ahead tours are designed for curious, adventurous travelers. Their itineraries balance planned activities and free time to quench your curiosity and specific interests.
What Makes Go Ahead Stand Out?
- Dedicated tour directors
- Local guides
Go Ahead has dedicated tour directors that you can trust to help you have the best travel experience. They have years of experience and regional knowledge of culture and history that they are eager to share. These travel directors will be with you every step of the way, a friend to show you around one of their favorite destinations. Sit back and enjoy your trip, they’ll handle all the logistics.
Local guides are also a big part of Go Ahead. These guides will join you and your tour director to provide an even deeper knowledge of the region. They will help immerse you in cities, rustic villages, countrysides and cultural hot spots. Go ahead wants the right people to help you learn and explore the world.
Go Ahead tours are designed to be authentic, providing unique local experiences, and a certain amount of flexibility for travelers who like some independence during the tour. Typically, tours are run in small groups with a max of 38, which means your small group may not always be extemely intimate as 38 is still a lot of people.
Who Will Enjoy Traveling with Go Ahead?
Go Ahead travelers love sightseeing but they greatly enjoy traveling off the beaten path. These travelers are curious about the world and are eager to learn about the local culture, cuisine and people. Go Ahead is perfect for the traveler who wants to really get to the heart of a destination.
Adventure is a big part of curiosity. Go Ahead travelers aren’t afraid to venture off a typical tourist sightseeing plan. They enjoy the freedom to explore on their own as well as picking the brain of their local guides to learn incite into the cities, rustic villages and countrysides they are visiting. These travelers enjoy seeing the destination through cultural immersion and active experiences.
Witnessing wildlife is a big part of Go Ahead tours. Travelers will get the opportunity to witness and learn about the luscious natural landscapes and the creatures that inhabit it. Seeing the Big Five and going on a safari through the plains of Africa is on the bucket lists of Go Ahead travelers.
Go Ahead tours send travelers all over the world with trips going to Europe, US, Canada, Central America, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Middle East, Asia and Antarctica.
Go Ahead Travel Style
Go Ahead is greatly focused on personalization and small group experiences. Each traveler will get the opportunity to personalize their trips when their itineraries are being crafted. There are additional excursions, tour extensions and any number of days that travelers can add to their trip.
Groups remain small, capped at 14 to 38 travelers. This small group experience allows travelers to really immerse themselves in the culture of a destination. Their experiences will be intimate both with their local guides and the local people.
Hotels are selected based on your comfort desires and location. You can rest assured that you’ll be staying in a safe, comfortable accommodation as the Go Ahead team personally goes to each property on the ground.
Go Ahead, due to their relationship with EF network, are able to offer a wide range of flight options. Once in your destination, they will also handle all internal travel from motor coaches to additional flights. Go Ahead takes care of all the stressful logistics so you don’t have to.
Why Go Ahead?
If you are eager to explore and learn about the world through cultural immersion, wildlife watching and active experiences, Go Ahead is for you. No matter your luxury level whether it be high luxury or budget or what your interests are, Go Ahead can help personalize your experience to create the perfect trip for you.