Explore! vs Monograms - Tour Companies Compared
Compare details and see what other travelers are saying.
Overall — 5
Value — 4.8
Guide — 4.8
Activities — 4.8
Lodging — 4.5
Transportation — 4.8
Meals — 4.8
Overall — 5
Value — 4.7
Guide — 4.7
Activities — 4.7
Lodging — 4.7
Transportation — 4.7
Meals — 4.7
Italy Monograms Trip0.0 April 2019
Hands down this was the smoothest any vacation, local or abroad, has gone for me. Monograms did not miss a thing, from the nice hotels to the friendly local hosts. We would have missed so much had we booked a trip by ourselves. The local guides were also top notch, with a clear high reputation among their colleagues and in the city with which they live. With that, we felt like royalty with drivers picking us up in a Mercedes each time. The whole trip was professional, information and enjoyable. Monograms has my business moving forward.Read more
Tour Monograms Company Reviews
Very professional experienced…0.0 April 2019
Very professional experienced articulate multi lingual staff. Had great experience with them on our Italy
Tour Monograms Company Reviews
We had a great time all around--it was…0.0 April 2019
We had a great time all around--it was excellent to have all of the arrangement made ahead of time and take some of the hassles out of travel.Read more
We got a great deal--that was in part driven by super low air fare--which included a long layover--long enough to be a pain and screw up the first day, short enough that we couldn't go to town (Dublin) and make the best of it. Of course we could have paid more and gotten a direct flight but part of the appeal of the offer was the amazingly low cost. Hindsight, we'd have done the deal and paid the extra$.
Tour Monograms Company Reviews
|Tours||497 Trips||1,292 Trips|
|Average Trip Price Per Day||$ 0||$ 265|
|Operator Type||Mixed Land & Cruise||Mixed Land & Cruise|
|Size||Global Operator||Global Operator|
|Headquarters||Hampshire, UK||Littleton, Colorado, United States|
|Solo Friendly||No single supplement||N/A|
On our trips you'll see a mix of famous sights and hidden gems that others miss, or don't even know about. As travellers, we want to experience a country, not merely observe it. We'll take you closer to the country, its culture and people, often in unscripted, spontaneous, impossible-to-replicate ways. You'll come home having seen and experienced the country in a way that other travellers might never have.
Expert local guides
If you book a guided trip, like one of our small group tours, your guide or tour leader will use their expert insider knowledge and local connections to make the most of unexpected opportunities. You might be invited to watch the sunrise from a lighthouse or to join family Diwali celebrations. They'll be on hand to make sure your trip goes smoothly, taking care of logistics. Our tour leaders are all hand-picked and trained by our experienced team to ensure consistently high standards.
Small groups & private trips
Our average group size is just 12; big enough to meet like-minded people but small enough to get to the heart of a destination. All sorts of people travel on our trips; groups are usually a mix of solos, couples and friends united by an adventurous spirit and a sense of fun. Get in touch to learn more about the group already booked on a particular trip (age range, solos vs couples etc). If you’d prefer a more private experience, we also offer a large range of Self-Guided trips throughout Europe.
Responsible tourism is one of the driving principles of Explore. We care deeply about travelling in a way that positively impacts the people and places we visit.
We have joined forces with other leaders in the tourism industry to help tackle the largest environmental crisis ever faced: climate change. As a responsible tour operator, we know that we are part of the problem, but this is our commitment to become part of the solution.
We offset carbon on all trips booked with us. We recognise it’s not perfect, but believe that carbon offsetting is the most effective way of addressing carbon emissions in the short-to-medium term. By working with ClimateCare, a Gold Standard provider, we will offset the transport, accommodation and flights booked with us. This is part of a bigger project to reduce carbon, as part of our long-standing commitment to sustainable travel.
We carefully select our accommodation to give you a comfortable night's sleep in the best possible locations. The places we stay are every bit as important as the sights we visit and the things we do. Wherever possible we choose small, local and family-run properties. Occasionally, when we want to get off the beaten tourist trail, we may stay in more basic accommodation. Choices are based on what’s available in the places we want to stay; we choose the accommodation to suit the itinerary, not the other way around.
Travel with Confidence
Our protocols are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), and the European Commission and local government regulations and include personal protection, extensive disinfecting and physical distancing measures. When you travel with us you can be confident that we are doing everything possible to keep you safe.
General guidelines for the safe operation of Explore trips
• Given the ever-changing nature of local rules and protocols relating to COVID-19, our itineraries are under regular review and will be tweaked according to local requirements to ensure a safe experience. Should any major change be required, you will be informed prior to departure.
• Our Explore leaders will make judgement calls during the trip to modify the itinerary if appropriate social distancing can’t be achieved (for example to avoid a large crowds).
• Our Explore leaders will undergo detailed training on COVID-19 protocols and leading our trips in the ‘new normal’.
• Our Explore leaders will brief you on arrival on the usage of face masks and social distancing during the trip, based on local government guidelines.
• Only restaurants with strict protocols that comply with local requirements for food hygiene and social distancing will be used. We will encourage outdoor eating spaces where possible.
• All our staff and third party suppliers will continually be updated on any new health and safety protocols.
Protocols for transport
• Our drivers will follow local protocols on the usage of face masks and required social distancing.
• Our drivers will make alcohol-based hand sanitizer and paper tissues available in the vehicle and encourage customers to clean hands when they get into the vehicle.
• All relevant touch points (seats, door handles, etc.) in vehicles will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
Protocols for hotels
• Explore will only offer hotels that have specific COVID-19 protocols in place and comply with local government guidelines.
• We will ensure these measures include; enhanced room cleaning, ventilation, social distancing, regular cleaning and disinfection of high frequency touch points in public areas, food safety, staff re-training and minimising contact within the properties.
If you become unwell
• All Explore leaders are trained to support any customer who becomes ill during a trip.
• Explore has a country-specific response plan in place to enable us to coordinate the most appropriate medical support and local assistance in the event of a suspected COVID-19 case within the group.
• Explore leaders are supported by our 24/7 operations team and local in-country partners.
Our recommendations for you
• You should take your own face masks (minimum x2 reusable) and alcohol based hand sanitizer. Even if not required in your travel destination face masks are necessary for your flight there, and local rules can change. It’s better to be prepared.
• You should check with airline on their individual COVID-19 requirements before departure.
• You should carry your final documents on you as some airlines and arrival airports are requesting that you fill in a ‘passenger locator declaration’ which will require you to fill in your overnight hotel stops.
• You should regularly check your own government travel advice and that you meet the entry requirements including but not limited to COVID-19 tests, pre arrival health questionnaires and in country Track and trace apps etc.
Monograms, one of the Globus family of brands, offers classic vacation packages to many of the world’s most popular destinations. The company has many years of experience creating packaged tours and is based in Colorado, USA.
What Makes Monograms Stand Out?
It can be difficult to find a company that successfully marries two seemingly disparate ways of travel: independant or self guided and classic group travel. But at Monograms this is exactly the task they have set for themselves, and their positive reviews and large variety of products would seem to say they do a solid job.
With Monograms there is no need to choose between self guided or group travel. You can personalize your experience as well - an important element for many of today’s travelers. Themes include Family travel, Food & Wine, Cruises, and Active.
Monograms prides themselves on the all-inclusive nature of travel planning, pre-organizing everything from your airport transfer to your activities and meals. They also provide a Local Hosts program, which is basically like an in-destination concierge.
Who Will Enjoy Traveling With Monograms?
Monograms is ideal for travelers who don’t love group travel but also highly dislike the stress of arriving in a destination and having to plan everything themselves. It’s for the traveler who wants the freedom of a private couple or family getaway and the comfort of a local guide who can assist with everything from restaurant recommendations to skipping the line at major attractions.
Monograms is Globus’ mid-tier brand in terms of pricing and thus travelers span across many different age groups. Many couples choose Monograms for a romantic trip to places like Italy and France, although they also offer specialized packages for families.
Most Monograms packages are a mix of group sightseeing tours and independent exploration. This can result in some very large touring groups when visiting popular tourist attractions like the Louvre in Paris, for example. However, most of their trips still afford some level of flexibility to explore a destination on your own terms.
You can travel with Monograms to many different locations in Europe, Australia, Asia, South/Central America, and Africa. Perhaps their most well-known destination is Italy, and they also offer some unique trips to Australia, specifically to areas other similar tour companies don’t operate.
Monograms Travel Style
At Monograms, their travel style is about providing you with a no hassle private vacation, catered to your interests. Everything from honeymoon vacations to family vacations are available through Monograms.
When you use Monograms, you can elect to have the help of a travel agent, or book a pre-planned package.
Why Choose a Monograms Tour?
For a well rounded trip, designed for you, and with an attentive local host there to make your journey as seamless and stress free as possible, Monograms is the perfect company.
These tips are mostly private, so ideal for families, couples, and honeymooners - though during some days on the itinerary you will join up with a larger group for guided day tours
Monograms is all about providing personal touches, and arranging a trip for you that matches your travel style. Providing some personal input and likes / dislikes / must sees is going to take your Monograms tour from “ordinary” to extraordinary, so these trips are best suited to travelers who like to be involved with planning the itinerary.