Best of Greece
- Olympia: Say opa! to an Olympic Be My Guest experience with the Karambellas family on their olive and wine farm, followed by a traditional dinner and dancing.
- Athens: Visit the Acropolis Museum containing remarkable antiquities giving visitors an insight into the lives of Athenians centuries ago.
- Athens: Delve into Athens with a Local Specialist. See the iconic highlights of this ancient city, from the Acropolis to the site of the first modern Olympics.
- Corinth: Cross the amazing rock-cut channel dividing the Peloponnese from mainland Greece. Join a Local Specialist and gain insight into Corinth's eventful past.
- Archaeological Site of Mycenae: Walk through the Lion Gate past the royal beehive-tombs where Schliemann uncovered golden treasure, while hearing tales of Agamemnon from your Local Specialist.
- Archaeological Site of Olympia: Join a Local Specialist to view the stadium of Olympia which hosted the ancient Olympic Games and Heraia, the women's games in honour of Hera. See the Temple of Zeus, athlete's gymnasium and the stone marker where the sprint began.
- Delphi: With your Local Specialist, walk to The Sacred Way once lined with offertory temples. See the reconstructed Athenian Treasury and pass the superb Polygonal Wall to reach the Temple of Apollo, where people once sought divine wisdom from the mysterious Oracle.
- Thermopylae: See the Leonidas Monument dedicated to the brave warrior and his 300 Spartans.
- Meteora: With a Local Specialist, visit two of the remarkable centuries-old monasteries of Meteora, teetering on towers of rock and arguably the most spectacular place to visit in Greece.
- Delphi: Meet passionate beekeeper Nikiforos at his honey farm for a taste of his special thyme honey, known to be one of the most nutritious in the world. See the bees thriving in their natural habitat and learn about their role in nature regeneration.This experience advances Global Goal 15: Life on Land. Traditionally a beekeeping area, Delphi has lost most of its beekeeping activity. The decline in bee populations has seen a significant loss of biodiversity. Thanks to their effort, Nikiforos and his family and rebuilding a local activity and directly contributing to regenerating the land.
What's this trip about?
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
Put the 'oh' in opa and embark on an unforgettable exploration of an ancient land of gods and goddesses, myths and legends. Your springboard to your spellbinding holiday is the vibrant capital of Athens, an effortless mix of ancient treasures and modern verve, which y...
Join your Local Specialist for a guided morning sightseeing tour to the ancient complex that was once the 'Cradle of Western Civilization'. Along our journey into antiquity, we'll have an opportunity to explore the Acropolis with its treasures and admire the Parthenon...
We depart Athens this morning, crossing the mighty Corinth Canal to the wild Peloponnesian Peninsula. Arriving in Corinth, we join a Local Specialist to explore an ancient city that several empires fought over throughout the centuries. We continue to Mycenae, a mighty...
We traverse the Mountains of Arcadia to ancient Olympia, the site of the first Olympic Games held in 776 BC. This evening, we Connect With Locals joining the Karambellas family for dinner on their olive and wine farm at a Be My Guest experience featuring traditional dancing and characteristic Greek philoxenia.
We join a Local Specialist this morning to delve into centuries of history. We'll visit the ancient Olympic site, the museum and the ruined remains of the Temples of Zeus and Hera. Leaving Olympia, we skirt the coastline north to Patras, crossing the Gulf of Corinth t...
Tread in the footsteps of the ancient Greeks, who would descend on the sanctuary of Delphi to consult with the most important oracle in the classical world. Join your Local Specialist and walk the Sacred Way to the 4th-century Temple of Apollo. View the statues immort...
The UNESCO World Heritage monasteries of Meteora are our first stop today. Join a Local Specialist to visit two of the six Eastern Orthodox monasteries that cling impressively to immense, rounded rock towers overlooking the town. A scenic drive returns us to Athens, w...
We say a fond farewell to our newfound friends and the treasures of Greece after an unforgettable journey.
Your trip, your way, planned by an expert:
- You choose budget, destinations, activities, transport & lodging type
- Expert designs the itinerary for you, and once approved, takes care of logistics
Check Current Availability, prices, specials with Trafalgar.
The total tour cost includes the tour price (regular or promotional) and the compulsory local payment. The promotional price is subject to change. Check directly with the operator for the latest price offer. The tour operator requires you to pay only the tour price to purchase your travel. The compulsory local payment will be paid when you join the trip. All prices are based on double, twin or triple share occupancy. Solo passengers will be accommodated in a double, twin or triple room according to availability with a passenger(s) of the same gender. Single supplement only needs to be paid if the passenger does not want to share and requests their own room. Discounts can only be applied at the time of booking and cannot be added at a later date, regardless of any changes made to the original booking.
Prices may vary due to local taxes and trip seasonality. Click "Request Info" to inquire directly with the tour operator for the final trip price.
Alison De Groot
Best of Greece
Great value! Hotels and meals just perfect. Excellent balance between activities and free time.
Best of Greece
Very satisfied with the trip.
Best of Greece
This tour covered mainland Greece and provided opportunities to learn about Ancient Greece and even more recent history. We enjoyed our bee keeping experience with ...
Mayra Cintron Hodges
Best of Greece
We had time to rest to sleep to explore have time to wonder a little.
Insightful Overview of a Rich Country
Nathan (tour guide) and Peter(our driver) are first class. Covering North and South Island, in 3,000+ miles, hitting all the most outstanding spots in this beautiful...
Great service again
Liz the leader and the bus driver were great.
At Trafalgar, we passionately believe in the power of travel to broaden the mind and build bridges between people. By sharing with you the hidden places not mentioned in guidebooks, the local people you wouldn’t otherwise meet, and the traditions you may not have experienced by yourself, we ensure that you get the ‘insider’ view, an authentic and enhanced experience you simply could not have had on your own.
It is this dedication to taking our guests beyond the obvious sights that has helped us grow over the past 65 years into one of the most trusted and successful international guided vacation/holiday companies in the world. From Europe to the United States, South America to South Africa, and with the recent addition of Asia, we pride ourselves on uncovering the hidden gems, cultural highlights and not-to-be-missed attractions of the places you visit. We’ll help you delve deep into the heart of each city and capture the true essence of each new destination.
We are committed to establishing lasting relationships with our guests by exceeding their expectations the first time and every time, through consistently outstanding quality of service, experience and value.
We're proud to be the most globally awarded guided travel company. Every year, we win some of the most prestigious travel accolades around the world – from the Travel Globes to the Agents' Choice Awards. We've collected 46 major travel awards over the last five years alone, as well as the Gold Trusted Merchant Award from independent reviews provider Feefo.
About the company:
As the world’s most awarded and loved travel company, Trafalgar unlocks the best of the world for every traveller. From the iconic sites to breaking bread with locals at private Be My Guest experiences, guests can be assured of a dream holiday without the stress of 'what ifs'. Committed to Make Travel Matter, Trafalgar aims to make a positive impact on locals, communities and wildlife visited, and the planet we call home. With tried and tested tours, created by local travel experts in destination and enjoyed by more than 5million happy guests, Trafalgar’s proud to be recognised by its Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Award.
Trafalgar is part of the family-owned and run The Travel Corporation (TTC), driven by service for over one hundred years.
Find your perfect trip
- 5 Dinner (D)
- 7 Breakfast (B)
- Save up to $700 per person
- Access members-only specials
- Personalize trip recommendations