Treasures of Spain and Portugal (Barcelona)
- Seville: Enjoy a traditional Andalusian Be My Guest dinner and the charming company of the Morillo family. A welcome drink of sangria in their sun-dappled courtyard before learning how they produce olive oil.
- Porto: Savour the flavours of Portugal's centuries-old Port heritage and gain insights into its local production at a tasting in a Port cellar.
- Lisbon: Visit the Hieronymite Monastery, a former monastery of the Order of Saint Jerome and exquisite example of Manueline architecture.
- Madrid: Drive through central Madrid and see some of the city's famous features during an orientation with your Travel Director.
- Toledo: Explore this magnificent ancient city with your Local Specialist and visit the Church of Santo Tomé to see an El Greco masterpiece.
- Madrid: See the highlights of the city with your Local Specialist. Visit the Old Town, travelling along the elegant Paseo de la Castellana, past the Cibeles fountain, Cervantes Monument and Royal Palace.
- Segovia: Stroll along medieval streets from the impressive Roman aqueduct to Plaza Mayor, and see the 14th-century Alcazar Palace.
- Zamora: See the cathedral of Zamora and the 12th-century Church of Mary Magdalene during an orientation with your Travel Director.
- Santiago de Compostela: Join a Local Specialist on a visit to Praza do Obradoiro and admire the cathedral façade festooned with architectural frills.
- Porto: See the Clérigos Tower, Avenida dos Aliados and the Palácio da Bolsa former stock exchange.
What's this trip about?
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
Kick-start your epic encounter with Spain and Portugal in Europe’s highest capital city, Madrid. Spend your day rambling along tree-lined boulevards and people-watching in the city's lively squares before joining your fellow travelers and Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner and orientation drive past some of Madrid's most iconic sites.
We journey south for an excursion to the hilltop city of Toledo, where we'll join our Local Specialist for a walking tour. Visit the Church of Santo Tomé, home to El Greco's most famous painting, 'The Burial of the Count of Orgaz', and visit the former synagogue of Sa...
Venture to Segovia and see the Roman Aqueduct, by far the most impressive Roman structure in Spain - delivering drinking water across its impressive 160 arches to the people of Segovia in ancient times. View the Alcázar of Segovia and the city's medieval and Moorish a...
Travel to Santiago de Compostela, where you’ll join a Local Specialist, who will share insights into the 'Way of Saint James' and explain why thousands of people attempt the life-changing pilgrimage annually. Visit the vast Cathedral, reputed to be the final resting p...
Today we Dive Into Culture and the centuries-old tradition of local Port production at a tasting in a Port cellar. Afterwards, embark on a sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist in Porto. Wander past Baroque churches and along the winding lanes that tumble down towa...
Follow the road taken by pilgrims over the last 100 years to the Shrine at Fátima, site of a celebrated religious miracle. We arrive in colorful Lisbon later – our home for the next two nights. This evening perhaps enjoy a traditional Portuguese dinner amidst the heart-wrenching, melancholic sounds of the fado.
Delve into Lisbon's centuries-old seafaring heritage today, paying tribute to the brave men who set off from these shores to discover a new world. We'll see the shimmering white Monument to the Discoveries, the iconic suspension bridge spanning the River Tagus, and Be...
We travel east through Portugal’s picturesque rural landscapes of the Alentejo – the country’s cork and cross into Spain, journeying through the province of Huelva, renowned for its Jabugo ham, before arriving in Seville. This evening, explore the fine art of olive oi...
The charisma of Seville is unmistakable. Join a Local Specialist for a walking tour through the city. View the symbolic Giralda Bell Tower, see the tiled fountains, pavilions and lush palms in the Maria Luisa Park and walk through the imposing Plaza de España. Later, ...
Multicultural Granada takes center stage today as we visit the magnificent Alhambra in the company of a Local Specialist. A fine example of Moorish architecture, the Alhambra complex was built during the 14th century towards the end of Islamic rule in Spain. Wander th...
This morning, we travel via the Mora Pass to Guadix in the northern foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains where you will see the whitewashed troglodyte dwellings lodged in the ochre-colored cliffs of the surrounding area. We travel to Valencia, where we'll stay ove...
Head north along the coast through the Levant region and stop at Peñíscola, the 'City in the Sea', to view the ancient castle of the 'Spanish Pope', built by the Knights Templar and used in the film, 'El Cid'. We continue along the Costa Dorada to Barcelona with its w...
Embrace the charm of Barcelona, ramble through El Born for delicious tapas or consider joining an Optional Experience to the mountaintop monastery of Montserrat to see the shrine of the Black Madonna - affectionately known in Catalonia as Passeig de Gracia. - or spend...
For now it's adios to Spain at the end of a memorable holiday.
Your trip, your way, planned by an expert:
- You choose budget, destinations, activities, transport & lodging type
- Expert designs the itinerary for you, and once approved, takes care of logistics
Check Current Availability, prices, specials with Trafalgar.
The total tour cost includes the tour price (regular or promotional) and the compulsory local payment. The promotional price is subject to change. Check directly with the operator for the latest price offer. The tour operator requires you to pay only the tour price to purchase your travel. The compulsory local payment will be paid when you join the trip. All prices are based on double, twin or triple share occupancy. Solo passengers will be accommodated in a double, twin or triple room according to availability with a passenger(s) of the same gender. Single supplement only needs to be paid if the passenger does not want to share and requests their own room. Discounts can only be applied at the time of booking and cannot be added at a later date, regardless of any changes made to the original booking.
Prices may vary due to local taxes and trip seasonality. Click "Request Info" to inquire directly with the tour operator for the final trip price.
Sasha was the best tour guide ever - kind, funny, patient. Michaela was an incredible driver. Itinerary was wonderful. Really impressed with the entire Trafalgar ...
Great experience and good guide GermN
At Trafalgar, we passionately believe in the power of travel to broaden the mind and build bridges between people. By sharing with you the hidden places not mentioned in guidebooks, the local people you wouldn’t otherwise meet, and the traditions you may not have experienced by yourself, we ensure that you get the ‘insider’ view, an authentic and enhanced experience you simply could not have had on your own.
It is this dedication to taking our guests beyond the obvious sights that has helped us grow over the past 65 years into one of the most trusted and successful international guided vacation/holiday companies in the world. From Europe to the United States, South America to South Africa, and with the recent addition of Asia, we pride ourselves on uncovering the hidden gems, cultural highlights and not-to-be-missed attractions of the places you visit. We’ll help you delve deep into the heart of each city and capture the true essence of each new destination.
We are committed to establishing lasting relationships with our guests by exceeding their expectations the first time and every time, through consistently outstanding quality of service, experience and value.
We're proud to be the most globally awarded guided travel company. Every year, we win some of the most prestigious travel accolades around the world – from the Travel Globes to the Agents' Choice Awards. We've collected 46 major travel awards over the last five years alone, as well as the Gold Trusted Merchant Award from independent reviews provider Feefo.
About the company:
As the world’s most awarded and loved travel company, Trafalgar unlocks the best of the world for every traveller. From the iconic sites to breaking bread with locals at private Be My Guest experiences, guests can be assured of a dream holiday without the stress of 'what ifs'. Committed to Make Travel Matter, Trafalgar aims to make a positive impact on locals, communities and wildlife visited, and the planet we call home. With tried and tested tours, created by local travel experts in destination and enjoyed by more than 5million happy guests, Trafalgar’s proud to be recognised by its Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Award.
Trafalgar is part of the family-owned and run The Travel Corporation (TTC), driven by service for over one hundred years.
Find your perfect trip
- 6 Dinner (D)
- 13 Breakfast (B)
- Save up to $700 per person
- Access members-only specials
- Personalize trip recommendations