European Tour Packages With Airfare Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Blarney Stone and bagpipes, oh my! This vacation gives you equal time in Ireland and Scotland.
- Stroll through the streets of cosmopolitan Dublin and enjoy a pint of Guinness at a local pub.
- Dive into a local delicacy of oysters in the seaside city of Galway on Ireland's west coast.
- Hike up Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh for fantastic views over Scotland's historic capital.
- Feel at one with nature amongst the rugged beauty of the Isle of Skye.
- Step back in time at the Viking Ship Museum.
- Take a hike in Nordmarka Forest.
- Admire some art at The National Gallery.
- Join in the nightlife in Aker Brygge.
- Snap a photo at the Royal Palace.
- Begin and end your trip in the colorful, charming capital of Reykjavik.
- Soak in the rich mineral waters of Myvatn Nature Baths.
- Have your camera ready at Jokulsarlon glacial lagoon!
- Witness the rushing waters of the majestic Seljalandsfoss waterfall.
- Explore the highlights of the Golden Circle route like Thingvellir National Park.
- Unwind in the mineral-rich waters of Iceland's famous Blue Lagoon.
- Search for Aurora Borealis in the inky darkness of the countryside.
- Visit some of the most impressive waterfalls in the country.
- Receive an interactive education on Iceland's culture and history.
- Travel the breathtaking Golden Circle on an unforgettable day trip!
- Enjoy an introduction to Icelandic cuisine on a variety of culinary stops and excursions!
- Discover the Golden Circle's highlights: Thingvellir National Park, Geysir Geothermal Area and Gullfoss Waterfall.
- Walk along the banks of the famous Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon, one of Iceland's natural crown jewels.
- Walk along the iconic black sand beach in Vik!
- Gaze up at Eldborg, a volcano crater on the Snaefellsnes Peninsula.
- Visit the Golden Circle to see the 105-foot Golden Falls.
- Scale a volcanic crater!
- Sample Hakarl, an Icelandic delicacy.
- Cruise through a glacial lagoon filled with floating icebergs.
- Hot tub in South Iceland while you wait for the Northern Lights to make an appearance.
- Spend an afternoon hiking the Slieve Bloom Mountains in County Laois, the oldest in Europe.
- Take a tour of Muckross House, a gorgeous manor house dating back to the 19th century.
- Step back in time in the fairy tale town of Adare in County Limerick.
- Visit Glendalough monastic site in Wicklow, one of Ireland's top attractions!
- Drive through Ireland's scenic countryside from one town to the next - this is the best way to see the Emerald Isle.
- Stroll across the medieval stone Charles Bridge at sunset, a quintessential Prague experience.
- Discover Prague Castle, named the largest castle complex in the world by the Guinness World Record!
- Urquell, Staropramen, Budvar...remember these names when you enter a pub in Prague. (Hint: they are Prague's famous beers!)
- Take in the incredible views over Prague's bridges and red rooftops from Letna Park.
- Soak in the bohemian spirit in the Vrsovice district, which has been transformed into one of the capital’s “it” neighborhoods.
- When in Croatia, be sure to try local favorites like sarma, brudet, and peka.
- Enjoy scenic ferry rides to and from each island!
- Visit the House of Marco Polo in Korcula.
- Get lost in endless lavender fields and vineyards on Hvar and Korcula!
- Become mesmerized by the bright blue Adriatic Sea that skirts each destination.
- Arrive in Dubrovnik, nicknamed the "Pearl of the Adriatic." This city was used as the setting for King's Landing in "Game of Thrones."
- Immerse yourself in Roman history at Diocletian's Palace in Split, one of the most impressive Roman ruins in the world.
- In Zadar, head to the waterfront to see two unique art installations by Croatian architect Nikola Bašić: the Sea Organ and the Sun Salutation.
- Be in awe of the 16 crystalline lakes of Plitvice Lakes National Park, one of the most stunning parks in Europe!
- End your journey in Croatia's capital, Zagreb. This city is filled with culture, arts, music, architecture, gastronomy.
- Begin and end your vacation in Dubrovnik, used as the setting for King's Landing in "Game of Thrones."
- Spend the day exploring the highlights of Old Town Dubrovnik, from the Rector's Palace to the 16th-century fortified walls!
- Enjoy a relaxing ferry ride on the Adriatic Sea to the island of Hvar, beloved for its atmospheric Old Town and secluded beaches.
- Put on your dancing shoes and prepare for a night out in Hvar Town, home to some of Croatia's best nightlife!
- Taste the Mediterranean flavors of Croatian cuisine, like seafood risotto cooked with squid ink.
- Enjoy a tour through Zurich, the capital, and take in its sights and maze of city streets.
- Sit back and relax as you take a comfortable train from destination to destination.
- Explore the beauty of Switzerland, from Lake Lucerne to the Top of Europe: Jungfraujoch.
- Snap photos of medieval castles in Bellinzona, palaces in Tirano, and stunning natural scenery encompassing almost every stop.
- Indulge in the cuisine of Switzerland, from cheese fondue to Basel-style roasted flour soup.
- Take advantage of your free evenings in Stockholm and Oslo - two vibrant capitals!
- Rovaniemi is known for being the official hometown of Santa Clause - why not stop by and see if Mr. and Mrs. Clause are home!
- See if you can spot the Northern Lights in Lapland, one of the best places in the world to see this ballet of lights.
- Enjoy an afternoon searching for king crab, then taste your fresh catch as you hear fun facts and stories.
- Choose the upgrade and pay a visit to the famous Kirkenes Snow Hotel, which is built from scratch every year!
- Imagine the Colosseum as it was in its prime; the crowd, the excitement, the danger.
- Treat yourself to a wine tasting in Tuscany, and learn about the process from grape to glass.
- Takes easy day-trips while in Tuscany. You can visit Florence, Pisa, Siena, and many other medieval towns and villages within a short drive.
- Discover the staple dishes in each region; try white pizza in Rome, pasta faglioli in Tuscany, and risi e bisi (rice and peas) in Venice.
- Experience firsthand Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel ceiling, now on display at the Vatican Museums in Vatican city.
- Visit two of France's most eye-widening castles, Chateau Chambord and Chenonceau in Chateau Country!
- Indulge in delicious dinners and taste local wine and cider throughout the countryside.
- On your very first night, you'll see an unforgettable view of Paris from the second floor of the illuminated Eiffel Tower.
- Immerse yourself in history as you visit the world-famous Normandy Beaches.
- Enjoy coastal views during your stay in majestic Mont St. Michel.
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top European Tour Packages With Airfare Experiences
European Tour Packages With Airfare Trip Reviews
All European Tour Packages with Airfare tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.7 for all European Tour Packages With Airfare trips.