Russian Cruise Rivers Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Flight & Transport Inclusions
- Onboard welcome reception
- Choice of excursion to Black Forest or guided visit to a local winery in Breisach
- Guided tour, visit to La Petite France district and the Gothic cathedral
- Choice of visit to Siegfried's Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum, cable-car ride to the Niederwald Monument in Rüdesheim, or a hike in the vineyards with your Adventure Host; scenic cruising through the Rhine Gorge; time at leisure in Boppard
- Choice of guided tour in Frankfurt, or guided tour in Seligenstadt
- Guided tour
- Guided tour, visit to the Bishop's Residence
- Guided tour, see the Old Town Hall
- Full day guided tour in Munich
- Choice of guided sightseeing in Roth or hike with your Adventure Host or guided tour in Nuremberg, or Nuremberg Rally Grounds tour; onboard lecture
- Guided walk, see Altes Rathaus (Old Town Hall) and Porta Pretoria
- Guided walk in Passau; free time in Linz
- Guided tour of the Benedictine Abbey in Melk or hike with your Adventure Host; scenic cruising through the Wachau Valley; free time in Vienna
- Choice of guided sightseeing or bike with your Adventure Host
- Choice of guided tour, see Heroes' Square or hike with your Adventure Host
- Your breathtaking river cruise begins on the Rhine River in Basel, Switzerland
- You’ll sail to Breisach, your starting point for a Black Forest excursion, and to the city of Strasbourg, France, along the way
- Explore Moscow's attraction - Red Square, St. Basil's Cathedral
- Visit Kremlin (Moscow)
- See the Czar’s Cannon (Moscow)
- Enjoy a guided tour to Armory Museum (Moscow)
- Optional Moscow Metro Tour
- See the Governor’s Palace in Yaroslavl
- Enjoy a magnificent walking tour on the fairy tale island of Kizhi
- Explore the culture and the architecture in St. Petersburg
- Visit Hermitage Museum
- Learn about the Danube Delta at an onboard lecture
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Russian Cruise Rivers Experiences
Visiting Red Square in Moscow, home to the Kremlin and onion-domed, colorfully painted St. Basil’s Cathedral.
Being enthralled by the art in the Hermitage in St. Petersburg, one of Europe’s greatest museums.
Touring the lavish palaces in St. Petersburg that were occupied by the Romanovs prior to the Russian Revolution..
Seeing the traditional painted wooden homes and churches in the well-preserved Golden Ring villages outside of Moscow.
Cruising along the Volga, Russia’s legendary -- and longest -- river.
Basking in the sheer solitude of Russia’s northern lakes and rivers, a world apart from booming, traffic-plagued Moscow.
Passing through seven locks on the Volga-Baltic Waterway, which connects the Volga to the Baltic Sea and St. Petersburg.
Russian Cruise Rivers Trip Reviews
15 Russian Cruise Rivers Tour Reviews - Summary 100% Recommend
All Russian Cruise Rivers tours, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 5.0 for all Russian Cruise Rivers trips.