Biking & Cycling Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
- Unpack just once, then cruise for seven nights by private canal barge
- Experience the countryside up close, as only a barge-and-bike tour allows
- Learn the art of silversmithing during a private demonstration
- Immerse yourself in local life as you visit a family in their home
- Admire Holland’s iconic, 19th-century windmills
- Picnic alongside historic locks
- Discover Bruges, one of the best-preserved medieval cities in Europe
- Take a guided boat excursion to the center of Ghent
- Sip authentic Belgian beer
- Enjoy attentive service aboard our private barge
- Get into the heart of Paklenica National Park on foot and by bike, a place where the mountains meet the sea, where stunning deep gorges, lush forests, and lost villages wait to be explored
- Sea kayak out on the silken blue waters of the Adriatic, dramatic mountains the backdrop while following the coast to the delightful fishing hamlet of Vinjerac
- Stroll through Plitvice Lakes National Park, marvelling at luminous lakes and waterfalls that seem to have been sketched by an artist
- Share a bird’s-eye view of the jungle canopy while soaring on a zip line.
- Stay in eco-friendly resorts that highlight the natural surroundings.
- Delight in sighting colorful birds, including toucan and macaw.
- Cycle by lush fruit orchards, stunning Lake Arenal, and enticing small towns.
- Soak your cares away in rejuvenating, natural hot springs.
- Discover the pristine Peñas Blancas River and its colorful creatures on a rafting safari.
- Savor fresh strawberries at a family-owned farm stand.
- Learn about the growing and harvesting of coffee from a local farmer and taste the “fruits of his labor”.
- See the best of Cambodia in one energetic helping, taking in the highlights while getting active to uncover some underexplored treasures of this South East Asian hotspot.
- Cycle off the main streets and into the heart of Phnom Penh with a guided backstreets bike tour – weaving through small villages and rice paddies, you’ll see local life firsthand.
- Discover traditional Khmer villages and their dedication to reforestation on the Mekong island of Koh Trong, and swing the day away in a hammock at a rural homestay with your small group.
- Angkor what? Temple hop through the Angkor complex and surrounding jungle by private minibus and bike, allowing you to discover this incredible site from unique perspectives.
- Paddle through spectacular flooded forests of Stung Treng by kayak and try to spot rare Irrawaddy dolphins from the water on a boat excursion along parts of the Mekong River.
- Spend your time immersing yourself into the tranquil lifestyle of Lake Como and Garda – admiring the views, getting active by the lake, and indulging in regional food and wine.
- Explore the beautiful villages, estates and gardens dotted around Lake Como, meandering the lake by ferry. Feel the fanciful vibe on the grounds of Bellagio's grand Villa Melzi, then see the shore from a kayak.
- Leave your bags at Milan’s central station and explore the wonders and urban history of this magical city while in transit between Como and Garda.
- Consider the option of taking a cable car up Monte Baldo – with varying degrees of mountain hikes available, or just to sit at the mountaintop restaurant for lunch, this experience gets you sky high above Garda.
- Have plenty of free time lakeside in Garda, perhaps taking up one of the water sports on offer or visiting nearby wineries in the Bardolino region.
- Get acquainted with the beautiful churches and graceful boulevards of Quito, Ecuador's capital
- The Galapagos Islands played a profound role in forming Charles Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection. Explore the islands on this in-depth adventure, coming face-to-face with some of the most extraordinary wildlife on earth
- Get your blood pumping as you scale a volcano on Isabela Island, get up close and personal with giant tortoises on Santa Cruz Island. These nearly extinct creatures are one of the greatest drawcards to the Galapagos
- This is a land based Galapagos trip, we use locally owned hotels on the islands. On this trip you will have more opportunities to interact with the locals as opposed to staying on a boat.
- Cycle off the main streets and into the heart and soul of Bangkok with a backstreets bike tour
- Even the transport on this trip is an adventure – travel like the locals on an overnight sleeper train, a real Intrepid experience and a great chance to interact with the Thai people
- Get the heart pumping on a 3 day trek through scenic and enlightening northern hilltribe villages, and experience rural Thai life from a local's perspective with two nights in village homestays
- Explore areas of Chiang Mai rarely seen by visitors with 2 days cycling through local neighbourhoods, discovering everyday Thai life that thrives in the backstreets
- Uncover a different side to the River Kwai with 2 days peaceful kayaking down its waters, through tropical forest and with beautiful mountain views
- Get a taste of incredible Istanbul and its bustling backstreets with your local leader.
- Hike the valleys of Cappadocia and picnic among surreal fairy chimneys that dot the landscape.
- Visit Ephesus’s astounding Roman ruins, where the Greco-Roman world still feels very much alive.
- A kayak trip over a sunken city is the perfect way to experience the lush blue waters of the Mediterranean.
- Hike the famous Lycian Way with breathtaking views of the Turquoise Coast.
- Dazzling cliff-side houses and an impossible coastal location make Cinque Terre one of the world's most romantic destinations
- Adventure through the area's most scenic trails on foot and by bike, including parts of the classic coastal route, all under expert local guidance. Take to the water on a kayak trip to secluded beaches
- If you'd rather spend more time relaxing on the beach, there's flexibility in some places to take a train instead of hike
- Enjoy delicious meals overlooking spectacular cliffs, colourful villages and sparkling seas
- Discover a swathe of medieval marvels, such as the castle and churches of Levanto and the Abbey of San Fruttuoso
- Enjoy a thrilling bike ride down some of the best mountains trails in Andorra, including the historic Iron Route. Wild evergreen slopes and white peaks offer a spectacular backdrop
- Hold on tight for some exhilarating white-water rafting through the Pyrenees, under the supervision of highly experienced guides
- Explore the quaint town of Soldeu, based at an impressive elevation of 1,710 metres above sea level
- Cycle along the scenic trails of Port de Cabus, the mountain pass on the Pyrenees Andorran-Spanish border
- Get the blood pumping, as you zip-line between the trees and over some rope obstacles in the beautiful set up of Cortals Valley.
- Trek through the stunning Siscaro reserve, keeping an eye out for native flora and fauna along the way
- Practice you language skills. Most people in Andorra speak Catalan, Spanish and French, but if you can't remember your fromage from your queso or your chapeaux from your sombreros, don’t worry, English is widely spoken om Andorra
- Naples is the perfect place to make discoveries. Perhaps descend below Naples’ streets to discover the famous catacombs, before indulging in a traditional pizza in one Naples' many eateries. Buon appetito!
- The ancient Roman town of Pompeii has been frozen in time under the shadow of the very volcano which destroyed it, Mount Vesuvius. Explore the vast ruins, including the House of the Faun and the Temple of Apollo, then ascend the volcano and explore hidden sulphuric vents with a specialist volcanology guide.
- Walk the Path of the Gods along the spectacular Sentiero degli Dei, one of the most scenic trails in the world
- Descend into the mysterious Valley of the Mills, where the canopy keeps the temperature pleasant throughout the summer months
- The island of Capri isn't just a lavish retreat for Roman emperors of the past and their modern day equivalents. Powerful cliff faces enclose secluded coves, grottos and spectacular Mediterranean scenery
- Explore three fascinating countries by bike
- Cycle through whitewashed villages and marvel at the sublime sapphire waters of the Adriatic Sea
- Visit the largest island of Dalmatia, with its cypress forests, orange and olive trees, and glowing white pebble beaches
- Filled with fragrant lavender, pines, fruit orchards and a towering limestone ridge, Hvar is truly stunning
- Enjoy a gelato or take a refreshing dip in the sea in sunny Korcula
- Traverse to the top of Srd Hil and appreciate the view of Old Dubrovnik, its harbor and the Adriatic Sea
- Witness Mostar's famous bridge divers hurl themselves from the stones of a bridge that has spanned the river here for centuries
- Gain a greater insight into life in northern Vietnam with an itinerary that explores not just Hanoi but also heads out into the countryside
- Hike through the picturesque valleys surrounding Sapa and visit local communities
- Cycle out to Mai Chau and on through the stunning karst landscapes to Ninh Binh
- Kayak around karsts and explore the secluded lagoons and caves of Lan Ha Bay - the lesser visited but just as beautiful sister of Halong Bay
- Cycle through the same landscapes that inspired some of Vincent van Gogh's greatest masterpieces
- Encounter rich Roman history and architecture in the historic towns of Arles and Orange
- Stop in at famous vineyards outside Avignon and savour iconic French wines
- Pass by fragrant fields en route to the spectacular three-tiered city of Pont du Gard
- Search for wild white horses outside Camargue as you cycle to the Mediterranean Sea
- Cycle through the largest island of the Dalmatia region – Brac – with its cypress forests, orange and olive trees, and glowing white pebble beaches, including the acclaimed Zlatni Rat.
- With a full day to explore Hvar Island at your own pace, why not check out the Hvar Spanjola fortress, go on a short hike or relax by one of the sparkling bays – it’s up to you!
- Treat yourself to a delightful picnic and optional wine tasting experience after exerting yourself on a scenic ride through the verdant Peljesac isthmus – a hilly Croatian peninsula jutting into the Adriatic.
- Days of pedalling call for nights of relaxing. Treat yourself and your small group to special harbourside dinners, tasting traditional cuisine and famed local wines in Bol, Hvar and Korcula.
- Make your way to the renowned walls of Dubrovnik, and if you’ve got time, why not traverse to the top of Srd Hil and appreciate the view of Old Dubrovnik, its harbour and the azure Adriatic Sea.
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Biking & Cycling Experiences
Cycling through 1,000-year-old village of the Cinque Terre, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Wheeling past limestone formations of Andalucia in Spain, stopping to sample local wine and tapas
Ride the Blue Ridge Parkway, climbing to the top of the highest peak in the eastern United States
Touring Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument on two wheels
Experience the top cycling destination of Napa and Sonoma counties, with plenty of opportunities for gourmet cuisine and fine wines
Exploring the Cocora Valley of Colombia, visiting its coffee farms and roasters
Biking through Peru’s Sacred Valley, through archaeological sites and Machu Picchu
Pedal through tea fields in Japan, past its temples and into its UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Biking & Cycling Trip Reviews
5,687 Biking & Cycling Tour Reviews - Summary 98% Recommend
All Biking & Cycling tours, river cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.8 for all Biking & Cycling trips.