Custom Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Visit Edinburgh's famous castle which is built atop a volcano.
- Treat yourself to a pint in Scotland's oldest pub, the Sheep Heid Inn at Edinburgh.
- Go on a hunt for "Nessie," Loch Ness' most famous inhabitant.
- Consider making a stop in Glasgow, where you'll find an overabundance of museums, art galleries, theaters, and more!
- There are over 2,000 castles in Scotland, see how many you can visit!
- Skip-the-line access to some of Edinburgh's most popular attractions will make you feel like royalty!
- Take a swing while vising St Andrews, the home of golf.
- Explore the picturesque fishing villages of Fife on your guided tour.
- Visit Edinburgh's famous castle which is built atop a volcano.
- Experience true opulence with a visit to the royal highlights of Edinburgh.
- Enjoy the fascinating river cruises across Danube.
- Opportunity to visit 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Explore Hungary
- Experience a tour to Bratislava and See attractions like the medieval Town Hall
- Visit to Český Krumlov, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Discover Passau
- Explore Connemara, a region of unspoiled open scenery with misty mountains and sparkling lakes
- Pleasant two-hight Stays in Killarney & Galway
- Enjoy Independent Dublin tour
- You have opportunity to create your own daily Itinerary
- Visits Cobh Heritage Centre, Titanic Experience and Blarney Castle
- Sit back and enjoy the beauty of Tuscany… State-of-the-art, high-speed Italo trains promise stress-free travel and more time to enjoy these cities.
- Our expert guide will whisk you past the ticket lines for faster priority access at select sites and museums including the Roman Colosseum, Sistine Chapel, Uffizi Gallery in Florence and the Doge’s Palace in Venice.
- Our friendly resident staff will enhance your holiday with their attentive, expert service whenever you need it.
- With our signature flexibility, you can add extra nights in any city... or even do this trip in reverse!
- Tour the mountaintop castle of Neuschwanstein.
- Wander cobblestone streets in storybook Bavarian towns.
- Explore the varied architecture and lively art scene in Berlin.
- Learn about Dresden’s turbulent history and rebirth.
- Stroll along Munich’s fashionable Maximilianstrasse.
- Panoramic overview of Havana
- Montalván Art Gallery and Studio
- Old Havana historic center
- Santo Angel Neighborhood
- Arte Corte & Jose Fuster Community Projects (artists)
- Las Tres Monedas
- Panoramic tour of Havana by antique car
- University of Havana
- Habana Compas Dance Group rehearsal in Marianao
- Kamil Bullaudey Art Studio
- Angeles del Futuro Community Project
- (teaches children acrobatics for Cuban circus)
- Matanzas - Music and Art school
- Plaza de la Libertad- Matanzas Main Square
- AfroAtenas Community Project
- Panoramic tour of Varadero
- Varadero-cultural exchange with the Danzon Club
- Local craft market
- Casa Dupont (rum and cigar tasting)
- Set foot on the Seventh Continent with this perfect introductory voyage for first-time visitors to Antarctica
- Conquer the infamous Drake Passage
- Venture aboard our specially designed, ice-strengthened and all-suites ship, the Sea Spirit
- Learn about the environment and wildlife from onboard lecturers and specialists
- Witness the abundant wildlife: penguins, seals, whales and more!
- Explore the highlights of the Antarctic Peninsula
- Adventure options include kayaking, camping and snowshoeing
- Daily Zodiac cruises and shore landings reveal Antarctica's beauty
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Custom Experiences
Relaxing in Thailand in the knowledge that if you need assistance, your tour agency has representatives in Bangkok
Watching your children with pride as they tackle a hiking trail in New Zealand that your tour agency suggested was family-friendly
Sipping a cappuccino in a small Italian village that you would never have known about without your tour agency’s regional expertise
The fun of helping to plan your trip without having to sweat the details
Spending your honeymoon on an African safari with just the two of you, your guide, and a parade of elephants and giraffes
Touring the Sapa region in Northeast Vietnam that offers a traditional view into many of Vietnam’s ethnic tribes, such as the Hmong, as well as touring the meticulously maintained rice terraces
Riding horseback alongside local gauchos through ancient Lenga forests
Custom Trip Reviews
All Custom tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 0.0 for all Custom trips.