Yoga, Meditation & Wellness Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
- Visit the seventh-century Asakusa Kannon Temple
- The trip to Hakone, located about 50 miles west of Tokyo.
- Hakone is beloved by the Japanese for its hot-spring resorts, mountains, lakes, and historical sites
- Visit Hamamatsuya, a workshop specializing in wooden handcrafts.
- Visit one of the many houses of Kanazawa where the samurai—Japan's famed class of noble warriors—once lived
- Visit the history and culture of Gokayama
- Enjoy a traditional dance performance
- Immerse yourself in Ayurveda training at a family run grassroots retreat nestled between tranquil jungle, undulating hills and streams
- Learn the history of yoga in India from a local guru in Mysore, taking part in asanas (yoga postures), pranayama (breathing exercises), and dhyana (meditation) in a local Ashram
- Wake up with yoga and dynamic stretching, spend the day learning the secrets of Ayurveda, and end your day by the camp fire, star gazing, singing, and storytelling in Wayanad
- Get a hands-on lesson in crafting some southern India’s iconic dishes during an organic vegetarian cooking class in Kochi
- Be entranced by a performance of Kathakali, a vibrant classical form of Hindu dance incorporating choreography, song, acting and fantastical costumes and makeup
- Gain a new understanding of historical and contemporary spiritual practices in Fort Kochi, where the synagogues, mosques and temples lie close together
- Read more about what you can expect on a wellness adventure in India here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/wellness-adventure-in-india/
- Visit Raj Ghat, a beautifully serene monument.
- Visiting the Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India
- Enjoy short ride by rickshaw through the crowded lanes of the Chandni Chowk bazaar.
- Visiting Qutab Minar, a spectacular example of Indo-Islamic architecture topped by a 234-foot-high tower.
- Enjoy a bird's-eye view of Jaipur and its surroundings
- See the Jantar Mantar, a remarkable astronomical and astrological observatory built in the 18th century
- See the Royal Bengal tiger
- Visit the sprawling Agra Fort on the bank of the Yamuna River.
- Visit the east and west temple complexes that the Chandelas constructed.
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Yoga, Meditation & Wellness Experiences
Attending a 7 day mediation retreat on the island of Koh Yao Noi in Thailand
Absorbing the surrounding beauty of Osho Meditation Resort in India
Discovering a haven for Kagyu mediation in the heart of Scotland
The closeness to the sea and spirit at Rolling Meadows Mediation Retreat in Mexico
Experiencing the power of silence and meditation at an authentic Indian Ashram
Yoga, Meditation & Wellness Trip Reviews
332 Yoga, Meditation & Wellness Tour Reviews - Summary 96% Recommend
All Yoga, Meditation & Wellness tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.8 for all Yoga, Meditation & Wellness trips.