Angkor Wat Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Visit Angkor Wat Temples (Siem Reap)
- Enjoy Cruising in the beautiful Halong Bay
- Explore the remnants of Vietnam War (Hoi An)
- Optional Mekong Delta Excursion
- Tour of Historic Hoi An
- Visit Buddhist Temples (Bangkok)
- See the Floating Market (Bangkok)
- Explore Grand Palace (Bangkok)
- Wat Mongkol Borpith Statue (Ayutthaya)
- Visit Elephant Camp (Chiang Mai)
- Wat Doi Suthep (Chiang Mai)
- Temples of Angkor Wat
- Tenle Sap Lake Boat Trip (Siem Reap)
- As one of the world’s greatest religious and archaeological sites, Angkor Wat deserves and demands special attention – this short break focuses on the temple complex in detail.
- From the man-made to the natural side of Cambodia, encounter the wildlife of the country at the Angkor Centre for Conservation of Biodiversity, an Intrepid Foundation supported project that helps animals saved from trafficking.
- Explore the lands surrounding Angkor Wat, and gain insight into the Cambodian way of life.
- Discover a way of life dictated by the rhythm of water in the fascinating floating villages of Tonle Sap Lake
- CITY TOUR of Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phnom Penh
- VISIT the Grand Palace, the temples of Wat Phra Kaew and Wat Pho in Bangkok, Damnoen Saduak floating market, the ancient city of Ayutthaya, Sukhothai Heritage Park, Siem Reap Old Town, the temples of Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Wat Damnak, Ta Prohm and Banteay Srei, and Wat Phnom, The Royal Palace, Cheung Ek Killing Fields in Phnom Penh
- SEE the Bridge over the River Kwai in Kanchanaburi
- Witness the magic of angkor – the legendary khmer temple complex. two days at the site allows for in-depth viewing of marvels such as bayon, ta prohm and the renowned angkor wat.
- Relax on a sunset cruise along the kampot river and discover local tastes and sights in rural battambang on a remork (tuk-tuk) ride.
- Learn kitchen secrets of local khmer, with a cambodian cooking class and three-course meal out in the countryside around siem reap.
- Discover vietnam's astounding histories, both modern and ancient, from the cu chi war tunnels in ho chi minh city to the old-word heritage and architectural marvels of hue.
- Explore the french influence of the northern city of hanoi. be treated to an exclusive hat xam performance – an ancient musical art form.
- This trip maximises your time in phnom penh and siem reap, with an included flight between these two major cities. so there's no need to worry about a long day of travel
- Your 3-night feature stay at navutu dreams resort & wellness retreat will allow you to relax and rejuvinate whilst exploring stunning siem reap, angkor wat and surrounds
- See the important sights of phnom penh on a full-day guided tour around the cambodian capital. the tuol sleng genocide museum (s21) and the killing fields of choeung ek are sobering experiences you won't forget
- Enjoy two days of fully guided temple tours in siem reap, with in-depth insights into the history of these extraordinary structures and plenty of time at angkor wat
- By dining on delicious local cuisine at the sala bai hotel school, you're supporting the cause of underprivileged hospitality students in training
- Spend your nights in comfort under the roof of peregrine standard hotels – centrally located and ideal for relaxing
- Enjoy a visit to a working buddhist monastery and meet the resident monks to learn more about this religion and it's importance to the cambodian people
- Stroll through the countryside of a farming village and learn about the wonderful work of a non government organisation (ngo) that is striving to improve the quality of life of cambodian families
- Discover Bangkok
- Explore Bangkok
- Explore Pak Ou Cave
- Visit Vientiane
- Visit Killing Fields of Choeung Ek & Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum
- Journey to Luang Prabang in Laos and take a refreshing dip at the cascading Kuang Si waterfalls.
- Embrace Hanoi's frantic streets in search of an authentic bowl of bun cha (a Vietnamese dish of pork meatballs and rice noodles).
- Cruise among the mammoth limestone rock formations on a traditional wooden boat in Halong Bay.
- Travel down the canals and backwaters of the Mekong on a full-day tour of Asia's 7th longest river.
- Tour the magnificent Angkor Wat temple complex in Cambodia - the world's largest religious monument!
- Cruise Map : Explore the stunningly scenic and culturally distinctive lands that lie along the remarkable Mekong River on this 15-day cruisetour.
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam : Ho Chi Minh City has come a long way from its humble beginnings as a small fishing village called Prey Nokor. With a population of about 7.2 million people, it is now Vietnam’s largest city.
- Phnom Penh, Cambodia : Once known as “the Pearl of Asia,” this bustling Cambodian capital is home to both charming French colonial architecture and the monumental Angkorian complexes for which Cambodia is revered.
- Mekong River, Vietnam : The Mekong River boasts one of the richest areas of biodiversity on the planet: the Mekong river basin.
- Angkor Wat, Cambodia : Built for King Suryavarman II in the early 12th century, Angkor Wat is the most iconic portion of the Hindu temple complex located in Angkor, Cambodia.
- Hanoi, Vietnam : Hanoi boasts one of the most beautiful panoramas in the region and has more cultural sites than any other city in Vietnam.
- Dare your taste-buds to try local foodie favorites. Try Pho in Vietnam and Lok Lak in Cambodia!
- The company of your knowledgeable guide will allow you to relax and comfortably take in the sights without worry.
- Enjoy tours that include traditional boat rides along picture-perfect rivers, as well as a ride atop bright blue Halong Bay.
- Explore ancient temples and stand in-front of towering sacred statues.
- Experience the best of both worlds: bustling capital cities and small traditional villages!
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Angkor Wat Experiences
Exploring the temples
Watching the sunset at Phnom Bakheng
Taking a ride in tuk-tuk
Looking at the wall art that tells the story of Kurukshetra battles
Spending a night in Siem Reap
Meeting a monk
Seeing the Bayon at Angkor Thom
Angkor Wat Trip Reviews
503 Angkor Wat Tour Reviews - Summary 99% Recommend
All Angkor Wat tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.8 for all Angkor Wat trips.