Climbing & Mountaineering Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
- A day in the Costa Rican village
- Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge
- Río Frío cruise
- Overland to Monteverde Cloud Forest
- Manuel Antonio National Park
- Enjoy a tour through Zurich, the capital, and take in its sights and maze of city streets.
- Sit back and relax as you take a comfortable train from destination to destination.
- Explore the beauty of Switzerland, from Lake Lucerne to the Top of Europe: Jungfraujoch.
- Snap photos of medieval castles in Bellinzona, palaces in Tirano, and stunning natural scenery encompassing almost every stop.
- Indulge in the cuisine of Switzerland, from cheese fondue to Basel-style roasted flour soup.
- Cruise past the colossal limestone rock formations in Halong Bay in a traditional wooden boat.
- Stroll across the covered Japanese bridge in historic and charming Hoi An on Vietnam's central coast.
- Get a glimpse of Vietnamese royalty in the city of Hue, home to the 19th-century walled Imperial Citadel.
- Learn about the devastating effects of the Vietnam War and how the country rebuilt at Saigon's War Remnants Museum.
- Slurp and savor a steaming bowl of bun cha in Vietnam's capital of Hanoi.
- Explore on day-boat trips with a naturalist guide
- Hike, swim and snorkel in Galápagos National Park
- Enjoy a horseback ride at the most exclusive stables in Ecuador
- See ancient pyramids constructed by the pre-Incan Caranqui culture
- Bike Ride In Anchorage: Bike along the Coastal Trail to spot moose and local wildlife. Visit the Alaska Native Heritage Center to learn about Native Alaskan customs, culture and traditions.
- Private Jet Boat Excursion In Talkeetna: Take an exhilarating jet boat ride along the glacier-fed Susitna River into the Alaskan wilderness. Afterward, enjoy dinner in Denali National Park.
- Happy Trails Kennels And The Iditarod: Cool your tracks at Happy Trails Kennels and go behind the scenes to learn the history of the Iditarod, the world's most famous sled race. Meet the racing dogs and the season's litter of eager puppies!
- Alaska Railroad And The Kenai Peninsula: Hop aboard the Alaska Railroad for a scenic ride along the Kenai Peninsula. Cruise through gorgeous Resurrection Bay and get an up-close view of otters, seals, porpoises and other sea life.
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Climbing & Mountaineering Experiences
Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania and taking pictures in front of of the iconic sign at the top
Taking a multi-day trekking trip across Patagonia
Learning how to rock climb in Morocco and marveling at the amazing views
Taking a mountaineering tour in Alaska and learning about the "last frontier"
Trekking to Everest Base Camp in Nepal and feeling the comraderie of your group as you follow the footsteps of the historic figures that first made the journey
Climbing & Mountaineering Trip Reviews
861 Climbing & Mountaineering Tour Reviews - Summary 98% Recommend
All Climbing & Mountaineering tours, treks, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.8 for all Climbing & Mountaineering trips.