River Cruises Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
- Take guided walk through the grounds of Kalemegdan Fortress
- Experience two nights in bustling Budapest, cosmopolitan capital of Hungary
- Sail past dramatic natural wonders like the soaring white cliffs of the Iron Gate region
- Enjoy Serbian & Hungarian folkloric performances
- Enjoy the authentic flavors of Eastern Europe, on shore and aboard
- Visit the World War II Peace Memorial Museum
- Visit the famed Sacre Coeur Basilica, with its dramatic perch on the top of the Montmartre hill.
- Enjoy cruising on Seine River
- Explore the sleepy village of Les Andelys
- Enjoy views of Chateau Gaillard, an imposing fortress from the era of Richard the Lionhearted
- Visit Rouen's wonderful Gothic Notre Dame Cathedral
- Visit the Benedictine Order Castle at Fecamp and savor a taste of the famous Benedictine liqueur
- Visit the Battery at Longues Sur Mer
- Explore beautiful old city Trier
- Opportunity to Cruise along the beautiful Moselle River to Bernkastel
- Visit Miltenberg
- Cruise through the Main–Danube Canal, to Bamberg and explore UNESCO world heritage site
- Cruise in luxury for three nights on the legendary Irrawaddy River aboard all-balcony 'Sanctuary Ananda'
- Experience floating gardens and a private viewing of a traditional Intha boat race on tranquil Inle Lake.
- Soar above thousands of pagodas and capture the photographs of a lifetime on a magical hot air balloon ride
- Explore Shwedagon Pagoda - a fantasy of golden stupas, serene Buddhas and mythical beasts
- Travel off the beaten path on a tour of Musmeah Yeshua, the last remaining Jewish synagogue in Myanmar
- Welcome to France
- Guided sightseeing
- High-speed train to Dijon; motor coach transfer to Beaune and visit to the Hôtel-Dieu; onboard welcome reception
- Leisurely cruising; onboard cheese tasting
- Choice of guided sightseeing with picture stop on Fourvière Hill or bike with your Adventure Host; onboard lecture
- Culinary tour
- Guided walk in Tournon; guided walk in Viviers, visit the Old Town and the cathedral
- Guided sightseeing, visit to the Palace of the Popes
- Choice of guided sightseeing in Arles, visit the Roman Amphitheatre, or painting workshop or walk with your Adventure Host
- Transfer from your ship to Nice; guided walking tour with Promenade des Anglais and the Old Town
- Day at leisure
- Transfer to Nice airport for your flight to Barcelona
- Guided sightseeing, visit Sagrada Familia Basilica
- Day at leisure
- Take a wondrous river cruise through France along the Rhône and Saône Rivers and complete your European vacation with a bonus Monograms vacation package in beautiful Nice and Barcelona
- Before sailing, you’ll spend two nights in Paris—The City of Lights
- Visit fascinating abbey at Melk, a 900-year-old Benedictine monastery
- Opportunity to tour Regensburg a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Get an opportunity to visit 9 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Discover Netherlands
- Visit Marksburg Castle, the only Rhine fortress never destroyed
- Unpack just once and journey through five European countries—Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, France, and Switzerland
- Cruise aboard our award-winning 140- to 164-passenger ships with a dedicated English-speaking crew
- Experience this European itinerary, and uncover a local and American perspective in destinations like Speyer, where you’ll enjoy a Home-Hosted Kaffeeklatsch
- Explore with an expert, local Program Director—a native or resident of Europe—who will be dedicated to your group of no more than 47 from the start to the end of your trip
- Welcome to France
- Time at leisure in Paris; transfer to Le Havre; onboard welcome reception
- Guided tour
- Choice of full day excursions to Normandy landing beaches, or “A Taste of Normandy” excursion
- Guided tour, see the Astronomical Clock and visit to the cathedral; time at leisure
- Guided tour in Les Andelys; choice of excursions to Giverny or Bizy Castle
- Choice of excursion to Auvers-sur-Oise, or excursion to Napoleon and Josephine’s Château de Malmaison
- Choice of guided tour, or “Heart of Paris” tour, visit Notre Dame Cathedral
- Start your vacation in France with a night in Paris—“The City of Lights,” before transferring to Le Havre to board your Avalon Suite Ship® for a Seine River cruise
- Enjoy a guided sightseeing tour of this city, part of the World Heritage Sites
- Explore Vienna and Melk
- Enjoy the ship cruise through Danube River
- Visit Bratislava, Kalocsa, Budapest, Esztergom
- Enjoy the beautiful nature in Wachau
- Experience 17 day river cruise from Paris to Budapest
- Opportunity to sail along the Moselle, Rhine, Main, and Danube Rivers
- Visit the fascinating Notre Dame Cathedral, the Louvre Museum
- Explore Bamberg UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Explore Budapest
- Explore the cities Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest
- Visit St. Martin’s Cathedral Church
- Experience the cruise through Danube River
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top River Cruises Experiences
Wine tasting along the Rhine River
Cruising down the Nile River through the sites of ancient Egypt
Exploring Normandy’s WWII history on the Seine River
Experiencing Vietnam’s culture on the Mekong River
Taking an Amazon River cruise, encountering old ruins and unbelievable wildlife
River Cruises Trip Reviews
195 River Cruises Tour Reviews - Summary 94% Recommend
All River Cruises and packages. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.7 for all River Cruises trips.