Birding Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
- Visit Tortuguero Village
- See the Arenal Volcano
- Explore Monteverde Cloud Forest
- Visit to Curi-Cancha Forest Reserve
- See the Oxcart Factory in Sarchi
- Enjoy the full excursion on Galapagos Island Hopping
- Explore The Equator and experience the Intiñan Museum
- Visit the old town and see the Church of San Francisco
- Stay at Finch Bay Hotel (Galapagos), one of National Geographic’s “Unique Lodges of the Wor
- Explore the highlands of the Santa Cruz
- Search for abundant wildlife on a Yala National Park expedition, which boasts Asia’s largest concentration of leopards, along with Asian elephants, spotted deer, and over 200 species of birds.
- A hallmark of any Sri Lanka tour, discover the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Sigiriya, an ancient palace and fortress built atop a huge granite monolith; the monumental ruins in Polonnaruwa, Sri Lanka’s medieval capital; and the Temple of the Tooth in Kandy, a significant site of pilgrimage for Buddhists.
- Enjoy whale-watching cruises off the southern coast, one of the best places in the world to view blue whales.
- Explore Sinharaja, a vast tropical rain forest that is home to over half of Sri Lanka’s endemic species of flora and fauna.
- Stay in a variety of superb accommodations throughout your Sri Lanka adventure travels—from beach-side resorts and colonial-era mansions to world-class game lodges offering splendid vistas of the surrounding wilderness.
- Enjoy game drive in Chobe National Park, the second-largest (and first-established) national park in the country.
- Visitors have experienced the spectacular sighting of a zebra migration
- Chance to see magnificent elephants, in addition to zebra, Cape buffalo, hippo, and crocodile.
- See a variety of birdlife, including the vibrantly plumed lilac-breasted roller and the similarly striking pygmy goose (actually a species of duck).
- See herds of buffalo, sable antelope, kudu, and elephant.
- Enjoy viewing the greatest diversity of mammals in Zambia, with 55 large mammal species, including six varieties of large cat
- Enjoying Kafue River views at leisure
- Outstanding area of African bush country boasts plentiful wildlife
- Enjoy a walk through Chinotimba township
- Visit the largest curtain of water in the world
- Snorkel with sea lions, marine iguanas and sea turtles, walk among giant Galapagos tortoises, and see one of the largest bird populations on Genovesa Island
- Explore volcanic islands, visit the Charles Darwin Research Station and Zodiac cruise through the Black Turtle Cove mangroves
- Enjoy this journey on its own, or as part of an epic adventure combined with an Antarctic Explorer expedition
- Enjoy of sightseeing around both Old and New Delhi
- Visit the Raj Ghat and Shanti Vana
- Visit the Mahatma Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru, Jama Masjid.
- See the President's House, Parliament House, Government Secretariat Buildings and Connaught Place, New Delhi’s main shopping center.
- See leopard, sloth bear, deer, Indian gaur, sambar deer, chital, wild boar, gray jackal, wild dog and troops of langurs
- Listen to the sounds of the jungle, an experience both exciting and chilling
- Enjoy a close-up view of life in the canopy.
- See the plants and bright flowers attracting gorgeous birds and other creatures.
- Head out onto the Amazon River to Monkey Island
- See the Amazon River, rainforest, small villages, and narrow tributaries
- See the marsh birds green ibis and yellow-headed caracaras
- See the animal carvings, decorative blowguns, and a variety of necklaces, jewelry fashioned.
- Visit the endless skies, barren deserts, rugged mountains and spectacular wildlife
- Enjoy nature drives and walking safaris in this vast landscape
- See the ostrich, springbok, oryx, spotted and brown hyena, and bat-eared fox
- Enjoy the Walvis Bay Harbour, old boat wrecks, and spot pelicans, dolphins and seals, and even whales and turtles in season
- Enjoy a hike to Triple Waterfalls, a five-story torrent of free- falling water.
- Yellowknife and meeting your fellow travelers to enjoy it
- Visit the interpretive center fossils skeletal's Arctic fauna
- See the collection of traditional Inuit clothing from Canada, Greenland and Siberia
- Visit the Somerset Island canyons, formed as the result of shifting fault lines.
- Sightings of seabirds, including Arctic terns and eider ducks, can be expected
- Visit to Poás Volcano
- Enjoy a visit to Doka Coffee Estate with a guided tour and lunch
- Experience Arenal Volcano National Park — enjoy a gentile hike at the base of the volcano
- Spend three nights in La Fortuna overlooking Arenal Volcano
- Included excursion to Caño Negro National Wildlife Refuge with a local guide and lunch
- Spend three nights in Manuel Antonio
- Explore Manuel Antonio
- Experience a Jungle Crocodile Safari with a local guide
- Visit Manuel Antonio National Park with a local guide
- Discover the fading colonial architecture of Yangon
- Spend three nights soaking in the tranquility of Inle Lake
- Discover the iconic temples of Bagan and Mandala
- Visit Golden temples
- Ancient pagodas and artistic heritage
- View alpine Lake St. Clair and the Nelson Waterfalls
- Cruise the rainforest region of the Gordon River
- Bird-watch at glacial Dove Lake in Cradle Mountain National Park
- Hike beaches and coastal cliff tops at Freycinet National Park
- Meet wombats, wallabies and Tasmanian Devils at Bonorong Wildlife Park
- Savor Tasmanian wines at a Coal River vineyard
- Spot wild game & bird life on day and night safari drives in Tarangire National Park
- Mingle with members of centuries-old Masai villages and discover their unspoiled lifestyle
- Descend 2,000 feet into the Ngorongoro Crater, teeming with exotic wildlife
- Explore vast Serengeti National Park, Tanzania’s first & largest park
- View crocodiles & hippos along the wooded shores of the Grumeti River
- Greet the day on a sunrise hot-air balloon ride over the Masai Mara, watching for Africa’s Big Five – buffalo, elephant, lion, leopard & rhinoceros
- Watch chimpanzees families in Kibale’s mahogany forests
- View tree-climbing lions in the Ishasha wilderness
- Discover the Kikorongo & Batwa Pygmy cultures in western Uganda
- Relish up-close encounters with mountain gorillas in their natural habitat
- Explore on day-boat trips with a naturalist guide
- Hike, swim and snorkel in Galápagos National Park
- Enjoy a horseback ride at the most exclusive stables in Ecuador
- See ancient pyramids constructed by the pre-Incan Caranqui culture
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Birding Experiences
Watching the magical and extensive bird migration in Cape May
Marveling at the brilliantly colored lilac breasted rollers and hundreds of other species in Kruger National Park
Listening to the trill and zings of Hummingbirds in Pichincha
Visiting Voto Donana National Park and excitedly adding rare species of birds to your life list
Staying in an eco-lodge in Costa Rica and waking up to the sound of myriads of tropical birds
Patiently searching for -- and at long last, finding! -- the elusive bee hummingbird in Cuba
Learning about bird-banding and mist-netting techniques in Point Reyes National Seashore visitor center
Observing Galapagos finches and blue footed boobies - and feeling the spirit of Charles Darwin
Birding Trip Reviews
546 Birding Tour Reviews - Summary 99% Recommend
All Birding tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.8 for all Birding trips.