Education & Learning Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Float through the Venetian canals aboard a traditional gondola
- Step into the Renaissance in Florence
- Indulge in Italian food and wine while taking in the Tuscan countryside
- See the best of ancient Rome, the Vatican and Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel
- Take in the turquoise waters and coastal views of luxurious Capri
- Go on a breath-taking tour of Pompeii, the city buried in ash in 79 AD
- Soak up the sun on the beach in Catania
- CITY TOUR in Auckland and Queenstown
- CRUISE to Waiheke Island and on Doubtful Sound
- VIEW a Maori cultural performance, kiwi birds at Rainbow Springs and geothermal activity in Rotorua
- VISIT historic Arrowtown, Rainbow Springs Nature Park, Rotorua geothermal valley and Footwhistle Cave at Waitomo
- CITY TOUR in Bogota, Medellin, Santa Marta, Cartagena
- SCENIC DRIVE through the Coffee Triangle, aboard Willis Jeeps through the stunning Cocora Valley, along the coast between Santa Marta and Cartagena
- VISIT Paloquemao Market, La Candelaria, Bogota's vibrant historic heart, the Gold Museum, Choice of Activities in Bogota and Cartagena, Zipaquira Salt Cathedral, UNESCO-designated Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia, Cocora Valley, villages of Salento and Finlandia, Jeppao show, Cafe Jesus, Coffee Baptism at Hacienda Venecia with owner Juan Pablo Echeverry, Medellin Botanical Gardens, Museum of Antioquia, Santa Elena, Comuna 13, Parque Arvi, Santa Elena Flower Farm, Mamancana Private Game Reserve, Tayrona National Park, Inquisition Palace, San Pedro de Claver
- CITY TOUR in Memphis, New Orleans
- ORIENTATION of Nashville
- VISIT Graceland, Oak Alley Plantation, Frogmore Plantation, Rock 'n' Soul Museum, Studio B, Sun Studios, Country Music Hall of Fame
- CITY TOUR of Matsue, Tsuyama and Osaka
- VISIT Matsue Castle, Adachi Museum of Art in Yasugi, Tusyunoten Shrine and Umeda Sky Building in Osaka
- SEE Tsutenkaku Tower in Osaka
- CRUISE on Lake Shinjiko in Matsue and along the Okawa River in Osaka
- VIEW lush farmland scenery of Northland and marine life in Bay of Islands
- VISIT Whangarei, New Zealand's northernmost city, the Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- View Arenal Volcano
- Visit Tortuguero National Park, Sarapiquí, Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- CITY TOUR in Melbourne and Sydney
- CRUISE on the Great Barrier Reef and Sydney Harbour
- SCENIC DRIVE through Queenstown with views of Lake Wakatipu and the Remarkables Mountain Range
- VIEW Darling Harbour from your hotel room, Sydney Harbour Bridge, a Maori cultural performance
- VISIT Hartley's Crocodile Adventures, Rainbow Springs Nature Park, Sydney Opera House, Bondi Beach and a geothermal valley in Rotorua
- CITY TOUR in Melbourne, Adelaide
- SEE Australia's premier wine-making regions
- VIEW koalas at Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, sea-lions on the beach, the Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch on Kangaroo Island
- VISIT a sheep farm outside Canberra, the Twelve Apostles and wineries in South Australia
- SCENIC DRIVE along the four-wheel-drive Giles Track to Alice Springs
- VIEW sunrise and sunset at Uluru, West MacDonnell Ranges
- VISIT Uluru, Kata Tjuta, Simpsons Gap, Kings Canyon, Overland Telegraph Station
- CITY TOUR in Melbourne, Alice Springs, Sydney
- CRUISE on Sydney Harbour, the Great Barrier Reef
- VIEW spectacular outback sunsets at Uluru and Kata Tjuta, the renowned Field of Light installation in Uluru
- VISIT Uluru, Kata Tjuta, Sydney Opera House, Bondi Beach
- CITY TOUR in Wellington and Christchurch
- CRUISE Cook Strait, around Tasman Glacier Lake and on Milford Sound
- VIEW stunning scenery in Fiordland National Park, Lake Pukaki and Mt. Cook
- VISIT a winery and historic gold mining village
- CITY TOUR in Hobart
- CRUISE on the Gordon River and Wineglass Bay.
- VIEW Dove Lake in Cradle Mountain National Park, historic Ross Bridge
- VISIT Russell Falls, Cradle Mountain, Freycinet National Park, Cataract Gorge, Port Arthur Historic Site
- VIEW Arenal Volcano
- VISIT Tortuguero National Park, Sarapiquí, Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- CITY TOUR in Lima, Cusco
- VISIT the outdoor market at Pisac, the ruins at Ollantaytambo, two visits to the 15th century fortress of Machu Picchu, historic Sacsayhuaman, the Larco Museum in Lima
- SCENIC DRIVE through the Sacred Valley, in Peru's Andean highlands
- ICONIC TRAIN journey aboard the Vistadome train
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Education & Learning Experiences
Searching for carmine bee eaters in South Africa’s Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens
Seeing the historic WWI battlefields of Somme, Verdun, Argonne and the Marne Valley and learning the events that unfolded there
Exploring Egyptian archaeological sites along the Nile River
Learning about Maasai people, their culture and their lifestyle
Visiting the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust’s Orphan’s Project
Learning about the unique biodiversity of Galapagos Islands
Teaching English to novice monks in Laos
Seeing Southern Hemisphere constellations and stars for the first time on a star-gazing tour in the Australian Outback
Watching a demonstration of the Haka in New Zealand
Learning to make an authentic Thai curry in Bangkok
Taking tango lessons and attending milongas (tango events) in Buenos Aires
Gaining an open water scuba diving qualification while exploring beautiful coral reefs
Learning Spanish in South America
Education & Learning Trip Reviews
9,143 Education & Learning Tour Reviews - Summary 88% Recommend
All Education & Learning tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.4 for all Education & Learning trips.