Education & Learning Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Float through the Venetian canals aboard a traditional gondola
- Step into the Renaissance in Florence
- Indulge in Italian food and wine while taking in the Tuscan countryside
- See the best of ancient Rome, the Vatican and Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel
- Take in the turquoise waters and coastal views of luxurious Capri
- Go on a breath-taking tour of Pompeii, the city buried in ash in 79 AD
- Soak up the sun on the beach in Catania
- A true “people-to-people” experience with cultural exchanges such as visits with artists, musical performances, and local organizations
- Riding in American Vintage Automobiles (Havana)
- Home of Ernest Hemingway (Havana)
- Cigar Factory (Havana)
- Casa Fuster (Havana)
- Bay of Pigs Museum (Giron)
- Walking Tour of Trinidad
- Bici-Taxi Tour of Camaguey
- Beaches of Guardalavaca (Holguin)
- Meeting Local Fishermen (Gibara)
- ORIENTATION of Bath, Plymouth, Cardiff, Chester, Glasgow and York
- VISIT the ancient stone circle at Stonehenge, the Roman Baths in Bath, Polperro, Buckfast Abbey, Glastonbury Abbey, the town of Ludlow, the Isle of Skye, Edinburgh Castle, Alnwick and Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon
- VIEW Eilean Donan Castle, Alnwick Castle used as Hogwarts in the Harry Potter films, York Minster and Anne Hathaway's thatched cottage
- SEE Dartmoor, the Lake District, Ben Nevis and Glencoe in the Scottish Highlands and the 18th green at St. Andrews
- ORIENTATION of Galway and Waterford
- VISIT the Glasnevin Trust in Dublin, the Titanic Museum, the UNESCO World Heritage site at the Giant's Causeway, Belleek to see how the famous pottery is made, Kylemore Abbey, the Cliffs of Moher, Blarney to kiss the stone and gain the 'gift of the gab', the Crystal Showroom at Waterford and the Famine Ship in New Ross
- VIEW the City Walls and Murals of Londonderry and Connemara
- SEE St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin and Galway Cathedral
- SCENIC DRIVE along the Ring of Kerry
- CITY TOUR in Dublin
- SCENIC DRIVE of the Ring of Kerry
- ORIENTATION of Galway, Limerick and Waterford
- VISIT Bunratty Folk Park, the Cliffs of Moher, Blarney to kiss the stone and gain the 'gift of the gab', the Crystal Showroom at Waterford and the famine ship in New Ross
- VIEW St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin, King John's Castle and St. Mary's Cathedral in Limerick
- SEE the Cathedral of Galway
- ORIENTATION of Paris, Avignon, Nice, Monaco and Arles
- VISIT Saint-Sulpice Church in Paris, Château de Chenonceau in the Loire Valley and the Dalí Theatre and Museum in Figueres
- VIEW the Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, Chartres Cathedral, Château de Chambord, the Papal Palace of Avignon, the Promenade des Anglais and Place Masséna in Nice, Monaco's Royal Palace and Cathedral, the Roman Amphitheatre of Arles and the La Sagrada Família and Columbus Monument in Barcelona
- SCENIC DRIVE through the Loire Valley
- ORIENTATION of Jackson
- VISIT the towering peaks of Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, the Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, Devils Tower National Monument, the Black Hills of South Dakota
- VIEW Crazy Horse Memorial, Mount Rushmore
- SCENIC DRIVE through Deadwood
- SMALL GROUP SIGHTSEEING enjoy a guided visit to Amsterdam's famous Rijksmuseum with a group size of no more than 20 guests
- ORIENTATION of Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Ghent and Brussels
- VISIT Royal Delft Pottery, General George Patton's Grave, Orval Abbey and Dinant
- VIEW The American Memorial at Bastogne
- SCENIC CRUISE on the canals of Amsterdam and Bruges
- TICKETS for Keukenhof Tulip Bulb fields are included during the flowering season (end of March until mid-May)
- CITY TOUR of Singapore, Malacca, Kuala Lumpur
- VISIT the Botanic Gardens in Singapore, Dutch Square in Malacca, the Sultan Abdul Samad Building, the Twin Tower Sky Bridge, the Batu Caves in Kuala Lumpur, the Perak Cave Temple near Ipoh, the Ubudiah Mosque in Kuala Kangsar
- CRUISE along the Malacca River
- SMALL GROUP SIGHTSEEING in Amsterdam, enjoy a guided visit to the Rijksmuseum with a group size of no more than 20 guests
- ORIENTATION of Amsterdam, Rotterdam and guided bicycle tour in Groningen
- VISIT Aalsmeer or Keukenhof (when open), Royal Delft Pottery, the Airborne Museum in Arnhem, Hoge Veluwe Park, Kröller-Müller Museum in Zutphen and Volendam
- VIEW the John Frost Bridge in Arnhem
- TICKETS for Keukenhof Bulb fields are included during the flowering season (end of March until mid-May)
- CITY TOUR in Vancouver, Victoria, Whistler, Banff
- VISIT Chase, Banff National Park, Jasper National Park
- VIEW Lake Louise, Athabasca Glacier, Rogers Pass, Athabasca Falls, Sea-to-Sky Gondola, Butchart Gardens, a traditional kekuli built by the people of the First Nations
- CRUISE across Maligne Lake to iconic Spirit Island
- SCENIC DRIVE along the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Icefields Parkway
- ORIENTATION of Zakopane
- VISIT the Old Town in Warsaw, the European Solidarity Centre, the UNESCO World Heritage town of Toruń, the Cloth Hall and St. Mary's Church in Kraków, the former concentration camp of Auschwitz and Jasna Góra Monastery in Częstochowa
- VIEW the Cathedral, Salt Square and the Old Town Hall in Wrocław
- CITY TOUR of Tokyo and Kyoto
- SEE the traditional Gassho-zukuri houses in Gokayama, the beautiful gardens of Kenrokuen in Kanazawa
- VIEW Mt. Fuji
- VISIT the Edo Tokyo Museum, the Sensoji Temple in Tokyo, Mt. Fuji 5th Station, the Kinkakuji Temple, Sanjusangen-do Hall, Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto
- CITY TOUR of Zagreb, Rovinj and Ljubljana
- ORIENTATION of Opatija and Bled
- VIEW the Cathedral, the Archbishop's Palace and St Mark's Church in Zagreb, the Opera House, Cathedral, National Museum, Three Bridges Square and Castle in Ljubljana
- SEE the Baroque St. Euphemia Cathedral in Rovinj
- CITY TOUR of Phuket Town
- VISIT Baan Chinpracha and the Thai Hua Museum
- VIEW the Opera House, Notre Dame Cathedral, Central Post Office and Reunification Palace in Ho Chi Minh City
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Education & Learning Experiences
Searching for carmine bee eaters in South Africa’s Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens
Seeing the historic WWI battlefields of Somme, Verdun, Argonne and the Marne Valley and learning the events that unfolded there
Exploring Egyptian archaeological sites along the Nile River
Learning about Maasai people, their culture and their lifestyle
Visiting the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust’s Orphan’s Project
Learning about the unique biodiversity of Galapagos Islands
Teaching English to novice monks in Laos
Seeing Southern Hemisphere constellations and stars for the first time on a star-gazing tour in the Australian Outback
Watching a demonstration of the Haka in New Zealand
Learning to make an authentic Thai curry in Bangkok
Taking tango lessons and attending milongas (tango events) in Buenos Aires
Gaining an open water scuba diving qualification while exploring beautiful coral reefs
Learning Spanish in South America
Education & Learning Trip Reviews
1,690 Education & Learning Tour Reviews - Summary 74% Recommend
All Education & Learning tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 3.9 for all Education & Learning trips.