Luxury Travel Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Activities & Interests
Attractions & Cities Visited
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Impacted by Climate Change
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
- Stroll down the bright streets of Bo-Kaap in Cape Town! Gawk at the brightly-colored homes that line the streets of this richly historic neighborhood.
- Discover beautiful handmade crafts and souvenirs at local markets. Don't be afraid to bargain! South African market culture is all about getting the most for your money.
- Enjoy included tours of the Cape Winelands, Table Mountain, the Cape Peninsula, and more!
- Fulfill your dream of going on an African safari! Come face-to-face with the Big Five and more.
- Relax on the bright blue coast of Mozambique. Discover the magic of the ocean by snorkeling, diving, or kayaking.
- Relax on Panama's beautiful beaches on the Pacific coast from your 5-star resort.
- Visit the Miraflores Visitor Center where you can view ships passing through the Panama Canal.
- Discover Panama's rich heritage in Casco Antiguo, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. See cathedrals, plazas, palaces, and more.
- Take a drive, cycle, or stroll down the scenic Amador Causeway, a one-lane road that connects three islands.
- This is the perfect Panama package combing an incredible city escape with white sand beaches!
- What would an NYC vacation be without a great slice of pizza? Fold it like a true New Yorker!
- Spend at least a few hours wandering through the urban oasis that is Central Park.
- Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, completed in 1883 to connect Manhattan and Brooklyn.
- Take photos of the Statue of Liberty from the Staten Island Ferry - it's totally free!
- New York City has countless great museums to explore like MoMa, the Guggenheim and the Museum of Natural History.
- Visit Bangkok
- Explore the Grand Palace
- Enjoy views of Bangkok waking up to the day along the way
- Visit Bang Pa-in
- Visit Temple of Wat Doi Suthep
- Explore Dubai
- Enjoy sightseeing tour
- Explore the Dubai Mall
- Desert Safari with BBQ dinner
- Explore Bali
- Visit to the delightful Saraswati Temple
- Visit Ubud
- Visit the 16th-century Hindu shrine of Tanah Lot
- Explore Bangkok
- Visit Bang Pa In
- Visit Chiang Mai
- Visit Phuket
- Experience local heritage activities at the Al Maha Desert Resort.
- Relax in your private Bedouin-style pool villa.
- Enjoy sundowner cocktails overlooking the rolling sand dunes.
- Stay at the lavish One&Only The Palm on the Palm Jumeirah peninsula.
- Indulge in high-quality food at restaurants headed by Michelin-starred chefs.
- The Punanga Nui Market on a Saturday is a great place to find some local arts and craft.
- Snorkelling on the north-western side of Rarotonga, where you can walk out among the coral.
- The flight between Rarotonga and Aitutaki gives you superb views of the reefs weaving their way through the Pacific Ocean.
- Relaxing in Aitutaki - if ever there was a place to find picture perfect desert island scenery, this is it.
- Stay in the luxurious Shangri-La on the Bosphorus in the heart of Istanbul.
- Explore highlights such as the Blue Mosque and the Grand Bazaar.
- Sleep in a deluxe cave hotel with glorious views in Cappadocia.
- Relax in style on the Turquoise Coast in the Kempinski Barbaros Bay.
- Experience six nights in the heart of Great Migration country — three each in the Serengeti and the Masai Mara
- Behold Africa’s astoundingly diverse wildlife, including the iconic Big Five, from custom-made vehicles
- Explore alongside handpicked safari guides whose in-depth tracking expertise leads to amazing wildlife encounters
- Discover both the modern and traditional aspects of daily local life, with visits to a Maasai village as well as a typical town, for a unique, culturally immersive experience
- Expend less time travelling and more time spotting game thanks to convenient flights between game regions
- Finish with a two-night stay at enchanting Sanctuary Olonana, the ultimate luxury safari lodge, set on the Mara River where hippos wallow and wander nearby
- Discover diverse wildlife across Tanzania’s northern circuit, in places synonymous with unforgettable game sightings, including Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti National Park
- Watch iconic species roaming free, including prides of lions and herds of elephants, giraffes and gazelles, from custom-made vehicles
- Experience incredible, up-close encounters with Tanzania’s diverse wildlife thanks to the in-depth tracking skills of our handpicked safari guides
- Stay on the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater, a privileged location that affords you early access to the crater floor for a quieter, less-crowded safari experience
- Visit a Maasai village to learn about the tribe’s customs and daily life, and ride by tuk-tuk on a visit to the local market
- Embark on a four-night Nile river cruise, gliding in comfort through stirring desert landscapes and going ashore to discover ancient Egypt’s most awe-inspiring sites
- Explore the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities (or the Grand Egyptian Museum, if open) to view a vast trove of artifacts
- Venture inside one of the pyramids, go riding camel back and view the enigmatic Great Sphinx on the Giza Plateau
- Descend into the tomb of King Tut and the colorful tomb of Seti I, father of legendary Ramses II, in the Valley of the Kings
- Marvel at the colossal statues and towering colonnade of the sprawling Temple of Luxor, and listen as your expert A&K Egyptologist deciphers the hieroglyphs carved upon them
- Journey to Abu Simbel to set eyes upon the imposing twin temples of Ramses II and Queen Nefertari
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Luxury Travel Experiences
Experiencing all that Africa has to offer in comfort with private guides
Going on a private wine tasting tour in the beautiful region of Burgundy in Franc
Seeing gorillas up close on a guided trekking excursion in Rwanda
Enjoying a private train cabin as the world passes by in wonderful panorama
Exploring Italy in comfort learning history, and getting to know the culture, food, and wine at a leisurely pace
Sailing to the remote lands of Antarctica via small ship cruise
Luxury Travel Trip Reviews
2,343 Luxury Travel Tour Reviews - Summary 98% Recommend
All Luxury tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.8 for all Luxury Travel trips.