Luxury Travel Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Embark on a three-night cruise on the Yangtze River aboard all-balcony Sanctuary 'Yangzi Explorer'
- Discover Potala Palace in Lhasa, Tibet's spiritual capital
- Visit the less-crowded and well-preserved Mutianyu section of the Great Wall
- Enjoy a private tour with an on-site archaeologist at the Terra Cotta Warriors exhibit
- Visit the Panda Research Center, where you learn about China's unofficial national symbol in its natural habitat
- Experience the narrow winding lanes and courtyard residences of a traditional hutong
- Experience 17 day river cruise from Paris to Budapest
- Opportunity to sail along the Moselle, Rhine, Main, and Danube Rivers
- Visit the fascinating Notre Dame Cathedral, the Louvre Museum
- Explore Bamberg UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Explore Budapest
- Experience a different side of greece by staying in the medieval village of dimitsana at a feature stay – a gorgeous 7th-century township set on top of two hills and a gorge in lesser-visited central arcadia. share a coffee or 'greek delight' with a monk during a visit to nearby prodromos monastery.
- Visit the legendary theatres of the very first olympic games – the stadium, gymnasium, wrestling school, priest houses, temples and hippodrome.
- With magical monasteries built on a series of ancient rock pinnacles, meteora is one of greece's most extraordinary sights.
- Stop over at a local tavern in the village of vamos on crete and enjoy a typical greek moment with meze. clink glasses with the locals and wash it all down with the traditional local white spirit, raki.
- Enjoy a sunset picnic overlooking santorini’s caldera away from the crowds. indulge in local cheese, ham and bread, all complimented by a local grape variety and a world-class view.
- Stroll down the bright streets of Bo-Kaap in Cape Town! Gawk at the brightly-colored homes that line the streets of this richly historic neighborhood.
- Discover beautiful handmade crafts and souvenirs at local markets. Don't be afraid to bargain! South African market culture is all about getting the most for your money.
- Enjoy included tours of the Cape Winelands, Table Mountain, the Cape Peninsula, and more!
- Fulfill your dream of going on an African safari! Come face-to-face with the Big Five and more.
- Relax on the bright blue coast of Mozambique. Discover the magic of the ocean by snorkeling, diving, or kayaking.
- What would an NYC vacation be without a great slice of pizza? Fold it like a true New Yorker!
- Spend at least a few hours wandering through the urban oasis that is Central Park.
- Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, completed in 1883 to connect Manhattan and Brooklyn.
- Take photos of the Statue of Liberty from the Staten Island Ferry - it's totally free!
- New York City has countless great museums to explore like MoMa, the Guggenheim and the Museum of Natural History.
- Do like the locals and settle in with a coffee or mint tea in cairo, relax on the sun deck on a four-night nile cruise, discover nubian hospitality and lose yourself in cairo’s fascinating khan al-khalili bazaar.
- Experience a real safari camp in the serengeti, and witness the panoramic views from the rim of an extinct volcano at world heritage-listed ngorongoro crater, with game drives at both.
- Take some time out from your safari adventures in search of the big five with a few days spent on the white sands of zanzibar – a colourful island paradise in the indian ocean.
- Visit the majestic and magnificent cascades of victoria falls, and glide through the okavango delta in a mokoro (traditional dugout canoe), experiencing the ambience of these beautiful waterscapes.
- Learn more about local cultures in africa, with a visit to a maasai community for village tour and talks by a local elder, and a chance to sing and dance by the campfire with the kalahari’s san people.
- With only 16 guests or fewer, you’ll have a better vantage and more time at the Terra Cotta Army.
- Feel the ancient rhythms of Xian as you explore the Muslim market with an engaging, savvy resident.
- Delve into the traditional ways of China when you meet tea farmers at their home near Hangzhou.
- An intimate stroll along historic Pingjiang Road is the best way to appreciate the splendor of Suzhou’s centuries-old Song Dynasty architecture.
- Discover this fascinating island with your expert insightCuba Tour Leader and experienced Cuban Guide.
- Explore Old Havana and learn about daily life in the capital as you engage with residents from all walks of life.
- Dine at La Floridita, one of Ernest Hemingway’s favorite spots.
- Mingle with residents at a farmers market and visit a medical clinic for insight into the diversity of the Cuban economy – from its dual currency to socialized healthcare.
- Visit the Korimacao Community Project, a respected school of the arts.
- Learn about Trinidad’s stunning wealth of Colonial architectural on a guided tour of the Museum of Architecture.
- A canal safari along the pristine waterways of Tortuguero National Park reveals a stunning variety of tropical flora and fauna.
- Enjoy splendid volcano views from the relaxing mineral springs of your Arenal resort!
- Personalize your trip with the included guided adventure of your choice at Arenal.
- Travelers love our resorts in Arenal and the wide range of activities available... So feel free to addd extra nights here – or at any of our fine resorts and lodges!
- Manuel Antonio is the crown jewel of Costa Rica’s national parks... Let our expert naturalist guide reveal the many natural wonders of this pristine coastal reserve.
- Experience the best of northern Tanzania while staying in classic, family-friendly safari lodges and a luxurious tented safari camp, all set amid landscapes teeming with wildlife
- Enjoy the services of a dedicated Young Explorers Guide, who travels with the group and organizes activities for all age levels
- Ride a tuk-tuk through a Tanzanian village, then set out on a family treasure hunt through its market for an authentic opportunity to interact with the locals
- Take part in a cooking demonstration of local dishes with the chance to sample the results
- Visit a Maasai village, meet with a village elder to learn about the traditions of this nomadic people and experience an artisan visit with a beadwork demonstration
- Panoramic London City Tour
- Windsor Castle (London)
- Great Pyramids & Sphinx of Giza
- Egyptian Museum
- Buddhist Temples (Bangkok)
- Optional Floating Market (Bangkok)
- Tanah Lot (Bali)
- Bali Herbal & Nature Walk
- Sydney Harbor Lunch Cruise
- Featherdale Wildlife Park
- Explore Fiji
- Garden of Sleeping Giant (Fiji)
- See the fantastic Gothic Notre Dame Cathedral,
- Get an opportunity to see historic beaches of Normandy
- Explore France
- Discover Lyon a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Enjoy cruising to Les Andelys, known for its imposing castle
- Cruise for seven nights aboard 'Xperience' - an expedition vessel that blends stability, comfort and flexibility - in the Galápagos Islands
- Experience some of the most intimate and up-close wildlife encounters in the world, both on land and in the water
- Discover the Galápagos Islands on twice-daily shore excursions that include nature walks limited to 12 guests for more interaction with your naturalist guide
- Choose from kayaking or snorkeling, depending on the location, or simply relax on deck or on shore
- Observe giant tortoises up close, in their natural habitats
- A Young Explorers Guide provides child-friendly programs and activities, such as wildlife photography, scavenger hunts, Spanish lessons and art-making
- Enjoy the convenience of earlier seating and kid-friendly menus at meal times
- Enjoy wine tasting in Melk and beer tasting in fascinating Regensburg
- Special onboard and onshore experiences presented by local chefs, entertainers, artisans, and experts
- Visits cities in four European nations
- Enjoy the beauty of river Danube.
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Luxury Travel Experiences
Experiencing all that Africa has to offer in comfort with private guides
Going on a private wine tasting tour in the beautiful region of Burgundy in Franc
Seeing gorillas up close on a guided trekking excursion in Rwanda
Enjoying a private train cabin as the world passes by in wonderful panorama
Exploring Italy in comfort learning history, and getting to know the culture, food, and wine at a leisurely pace
Sailing to the remote lands of Antarctica via small ship cruise
Luxury Travel Trip Reviews
1,952 Luxury Travel Tour Reviews - Summary 98% Recommend
All Luxury tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.8 for all Luxury Travel trips.