Relaxing Retreats Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
- This trip takes you to the heart of Ecuador's Amazon Basin. Set in the remote rainforest, Sacha Lodge is a haven for nature lovers, birdwatchers, scientists and adventure seekers
- Caiman, otters, sloths, hoatzin, monkeys, capybaras, anacondas... the Amazon is home to some of the most diverse wildlife on Earth
- As well as comfortable accommodation and luxurious meals, your expert guides will enhance your experience with their unique knowledge of the Amazon
- Explore the rainforest on various jungle treks, canopy walks and dugout canoe safaris, or relax in a hammock at the lodge. It's up to you to customise how active you'd like this trip to be
- See rocky red cliffs, monsoon forests, plunging waterfalls and some of the Top End’s best landscapes with visits to three national parks: Kakadu National Park, Nitmiluk National Park and Litchfield National Park.
- Learn about the cultural importance of these spectacular landscapes through the eyes of experienced knowledgeable guides including a local Bininj Guluyambi guide
- Enjoy the flexibility of a private vehicle, the local knowledge of a passionate guide and the magic of camping under the great southern sky.
- The Mawurndaddja rock art and occupation complex offers a unique insight into ancient Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander culture– with rock art spanning from the present time to many thousands of years of age.
- Rumble through the Top End’s best-known national Park, Kakadu, on an adventure, stopping to check out the spectacular Jim Jim Falls.
- Hike through the rich greenery of Litchfield National Park, cooling off with swims in Florence Falls, Wangi Falls and Buley Rockholes.
- Experience a private game reserve after dark in an open top 4x4 vehicle
- Enjoy traditional South African cuisine while dining under the stars
- Try to spot the Big Five in Kruger National Park on two full day game drives
- Stay in a comfortable safari lodge in a communal setting with friendly hosts
- Take in amazing views at the viewpoint over the awesome Blyde River Canyon and view the Three Rondavels
- A traditional homestay is the perfect way to access remote parts of this region and get a real glimpse of Vietnamese life, not to mention the beauty of a home cooked local meal after a day of hiking
- Hike through the rolling rice terraces, waterfalls, mountains and lush green hills of Sapa and you’ll quickly realise why this has become an iconic image of Vietnam
- Meet a community of hill-tribe people who have been in Vietnam for over three centuries. Having emigrated from China, the H'mong settled in Cat Cat Village and invite you to learn about their rich culture
- An included overnight sleeper train through northern Vietnam is a unique experience. This is a great way to rub shoulders with the locals and to squeeze a bit of local knowledge out of them. Local guides will take you to the train in Hanoi, and Sapa local guides will meet you at the other end
- Discover real Thai countryside and its people with a 3-day trek into the hills of Northern Thailand
- Local guides deepen the learning and appreciation of different villages, each with their own language, clothing style and belief systems
- Meet and chat with friendly villagers and discover more about their unique cultures
- Stay in atmospheric wooden houses in different hilltribe villages each night
- Explore remote villages, help prepare evening meals, and feast on traditional hilltribe cuisine
- Start and finish in the temple-studded city of Chiang Mai, making this short break adventure an easy add-on to a Northern Thailand journey
- Witnessing Uluru at sunset is truly an unforgettable moment. Have your camera ready to capture the changing colours of this sacred rock formation.
- You’ll hear Dreamtime stories and learn about ancient rock paintings from local guides, gaining insight into the importance of the land in First Nations histories and ways of being.
- Spend two days exploring the sites of the MacDonnell Ranges, both East and West. Walk through Ormiston Gorge, Ellery Creek, Simpsons Gap and Rainbow Valley.
- After days admiring the formations of Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon, spend evenings camping under the stars, getting a feel for the real outback of Australia.
- Armed with a flexible itinerary and a knowledgeable local leader, this itinerary allows you to discover the Red Centre at a pace that suits your small group.
- Savour the smell of cinnamon, ginger, vanilla and more on an optional tour through one of the islands spice plantations. Learn the history behind this renowned trade and sip some delicious tea.
- Watch orange and gold hues reflect off the glistening Indian Ocean as you witness an unforgettable sunset from the shore of one of the world’s best beaches.
- Wind through Stone Towns narrow alleyways and discover a UNESCO World Heritage that’s steeped in centuries of history and a dark, but intriguing past.
- Dine on sumptuous seafood or simply swing in a hammock, the choice is yours with a full day at leisure on Zanzibar’s Northern beaches.
- Discover flawless beaches of powder-white sand and translucent waters on an island paradise that not even a postcard can do justice.
- Explore the ancient and modern history of Thailand with a three-day trip from Bangkok, taking in Kanchanaburi and Ayutthaya.
- Uncover a golden age of Siam with the royal residences and atmospheric temples of ancient Ayutthaya.
- Swim in idyllic rock pools fed by waterfalls in the seven-tiered Erawan National Park.
- Take a ride on the Death Railway and learn all about this tragic part of history at the Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum.
- Travel by samlaw to the infamous Bridge on the River Kwai
- Witness great herds of the world's largest elephants close-up as they enjoy a drink and play on the edge of the Chobe River.
- Embark on game drives with the experience and expertise of a local lodge-based guide.
- Great numbers of ungulate animals are attracted by the riverfont in Chobe National Park – experience the large lion prides that follow in their wake.
- Sip sundowners while watching hippos, crocodiles and buffalo on a Chobe River sunset cruise
- Cosmopolitan, scenic and steeped in Incan heritage, Cusco is a dream to walk around. Marvel at the cathedral, explore colonial art and architecture or explore the incredible ruins nearby
- Cusco's central market is a great chance to meet Quechua-speaking descendants of the Incas and browse for weird and wonderful Andean specialties
- Hike to the mother of all Incan cities, magical Machu Picchu. Enjoy a guided tour of the ruins, plus free time to explore at your leisure
- Be treated to incredible sunrise views over misty Machu Picchu – just cross your fingers for clear skies!
- With a cook to prepare meals and porters to carry your equipment, you can focus on the walk and get the most out of your experience
- Walk on the verge of an extinct volcanic crater
- View the ruined ceremonial village of Orongo
- Play on the pure white sands of Anakena Beach
- Enjoy the charming village ambience of Hanga Roa
- Meet the magical and mysterious stone moai
- Explore the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu
- Immerse yourself in the culture of Cusco
- Experience traditional Andean life in the Sacred Valley
- Discover the lush wildlife-filled landscape of Ngorongoro Crater with game drives in this ‘Garden of Eden’ – without doubt one of Africa’s Seven Natural Wonders.
- Camp in the heart of Tanzania's oldest national park, the Serengeti. Explore timeless East Africa where endless savanna, bursting with predators and prey, offers the ultimate safari experience.
- Witness the thundering power of the waters cascading over Victoria Falls with a local guide
- Enjoy spectacular views of the falls and surrounding area from the ‘Knife-edge Bridge’
- Pick and choose from an abundance of activities in the area
- Gain an insight into the unique flora, fauna and landscapes of Tasmania on this pioneering trip that takes you to parts of the island that are more off the beaten track.
- Discover the breathtaking Bay of Fires – an incredible stretch of coastal heaven, famous for the fiery orange lichen that clings to its boulder-clad beaches.
- Watch translucent waters lap powder-white sands in one of Freycinet National Park’s secluded bays – perhaps climbing to the summit of Mt Amos for a panoramic vista of this iconic landscape.
- Trek along multiple walking trails in the World Heritage-listed Cradle Mountain National Park – keeping an eye out for furry critters, including wombats and wallabies.
- Explore the uninterrupted wilderness of Tarkine on a guided walk through its pristine rainforest – alive with unique creatures and habitats not found anywhere else on earth.
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Relaxing Retreats Experiences
Relaxing Retreats Trip Reviews
167 Relaxing Retreats Tour Reviews - Summary 97% Recommend
All Relaxing Retreats packages, river cruises, expedition cruises, and tours. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.9 for all Relaxing Retreats trips.