Argentina Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Retreats Similar to a self guided tour but staying in one location only with activities and day outings included as a part of the stay.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
- Wine tour in the Maipu or Lujan de Cuyo regions, with lunch (7-hours)
- Salta city tour (3-hours)
- San Antonio de los Cobres, Salt Mines and Purmamarca tour (14-hours)
- Day tour to Cachi Village including land transfer to Cafayate
- Buenos Aires City Tour (4 hours)
- Discover multitudes of Antarctic wildlife including seals, whales, albatross and chinstrap, gentoo and Adelie penguins.
- Enjoy nearly 24 hours of sunlight as you absorb your surroundings ashore and from the expedition ship’s many observatory decks.
- Enjoy a tour of Buenos Aires, the "Paris of South America."
- Cruise through the waters of Antarctica on a fully stabilized polar expedition ship.
- Cross the Drake Passage, a milestone for any adventurer!
- Buenos Aires City Tour (4 hours)
- Iguazu Falls Tour - Brazilian side (4.5 hours)
- Iguazu Falls Tour - Argentinian side (4.5 hours)
- Salta city tour with San Bernardo chairlift (3-hours)
- Tour to Purmamarca & Salt Flats (Salinas Grandes), including land transfer to Purmamarca (full-day)
- Tour of Humahuaca Gorge, including land transfer to Salta (full-day)
- Spend the day at a Patagonian estancia and connect with the locals at a traditional lamb roast.
- Enjoy unlimited wine and beer with every dinner while onboard your cruise ship.
- Get a glimpse into Argentine culture at a lively tango performance.
- Meet and swap stories with local gauchos (cowboys).
- Embark on a 4-night cruise through the fjords and ethereal wilderness of Patagonia.
- Hike the "End of the Earth" at Cape Horn.
- Enter a rugged wonderland as you walk through the breathtaking Torres del Paine National Park.
- Venture to Argentina's Perito Moreno Glacier.
- Bariloche is a wonderland of outdoor delights. a leisurely three-night stay gives you time to cruise nahuel hapi lake, soak up andean scenery and sample local specialities
- Learn more about the rapid growth of the microbrewery industry from a passionate and knowledgeable brew master in the region
- Bask in the splendour of argentina's lakes district en route to puerto varas, chile. a full day of cruising and sightseeing reveals lush forests, misty andean giants and snow-capped volcanoes
- Enjoy a 2 night 'feature stay' in torres del paine national park
- Discover the best of torres del paine national park's glacial landscapes, with an in-depth day trip to its hidden lagoons and lakes – plus a morning cruise to the grey glacier
- Step into the world of the perito merino glacier. this extraordinary, 35-kilometre-long ice mass is one of the few glaciers in the world that's advancing rather than melting away
- Ice Rivers Navigation Tour Express (8 hours)
- Panoramic Bariloche City Tour (3.5 hours)
- Boat tour to the Victoria Island and the Arrayanes Forest (9h)
- Witness Argentina’s Perito Moreno Glacier and listen to the thundering ice cracking on this 30-km-long ice beast – one of the few glaciers left that isn’t shrinking.
- Spend three days camped among the peaks of Chilean Patagonia, a true back-to-nature and a great opportunity for a true digital detox.
- Trek past the most beautiful waterfalls and glaciers of Torres del Paine National Park with your guide, and spot wildlife like guanacos and rhea birds along the way.
- Spot sea lions paying along rocky shores, waddling penguins and plenty of flying seabirds during a day cruise through the Beagle Channel, the gateway to the Antarctic.
- Begin and end your trip with time in elegant Buenos Aires, the perfect place to reconnect with the urban world after a remote adventure in the wild.
- Retrace the route of the legendary sir ernest shackleton who led three expeditions to the antarctic region and uncover the historical events of his journey
- Enjoy the freedom to customise your trip with a wide range of optional activities. in addition to regular zodiac excursions, choose to explore the water on a kayaking expedition, sign up for a photography masterclass, rejuvenate with some onboard yoga and massage, or camp out overnight like a true polar explorer
- Whereas most polar expeditions of this kind have a crew-to-passenger ratio of ten, fifteen or twenty to one, peregrine expeditions on the ocean endeavour have an expedition crew member for every 8 passengers for a greater personal touch
- Our experienced leaders have made hundreds of polar voyages. learn about the history, geography and wildlife of the antarctic from experts in marine biology, glaciology and history
- Rest assured you will leave only footprints behind. your antarctica expedition is carbon offset, and we serve only sustainably-sourced seafood, avoid single-use plastics and use biodegradable and phosphate-free cleaning products on board
- This is the perfect adventure for solo travellers, with single cabins at the same price as some twins
- Punta Tombo Penguin Colony Tour with lunch (8 hours)
- Visit to Peninsula Valdes (full day)
- Ushuaia City Tour with Penitentiary Museum (2 hours)
- Excursion to Tierra del Fuego National park, including Lapataia Bay
- Buenos Aires offers an eclectic mix of European, Cosmopolitan and Latin flavours, as well as a booming cultural and nightlife scene. Explore the neighbourhoods of this lively, confident city on a full-day tour with a local guide
- Look for rainbows in the mist of the mighty Iguazu Falls from both the Brazilian and Argentinian sides, and visit a local indigenous community
- Gaze over the dazzling city, mountains and bay of Rio de Janeiro from the foot of the famous Christ the Redeemer statue
- Favelas may sit alongside mansions, but in the heaving metropolis of Rio, everyone’s invited to the party. Immerse yourself in Brazilian culture, dance and music
- Get to know the real South America as you travel with a local leader, stay in a lodge run by the indigenous Ese Eja people, visit a local community in the Sacred Valley and interact with the Guarani community near Iguazu Falls.
- Experience the best of each country with three fantastic feature stays. Enjoy a spectacular location next to the Colca River, sleep in a historical house in downtown Santiago and soak up Art Nouveau elegance in Buenos Aires.
- Take your taste buds on a trip, from dinner at one of Lima’s best restaurants and a home-cooked pachamanca lunch in the Sacred Valley to a gourmet meal at a winery in Mendoza and an asado feast with locals in a Buenos Aires home.
- Delight in a full day of wildlife activities in the Amazon, two guided visits to Machu Picchu reached by 360 train, a boat tour uncovering the diverse wildlife of the Ballestas Islands and two days marvelling at the mighty Iguazu Falls.
- Sample some of the world’s best wine at its source with the expert guidance of an oenologist during a full day tour of three renowned wineries in Argentina’s malbec-producing wine region, Mendoza.
- Buenos Aires city tour with wine tasting at El Querandi tango house (5-hours)
- Wine tour in the Maipu or Lujan de Cuyo regions, with lunch (7-hours)
- Cooking class with lunch at Zuccardi Winery (4-hours)
- Visit to Estancia Cristina Discovery with 4-wheel drive vehicle to Upsala Glacier viewpoint (12.5 hours)
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Argentina Experiences
Spotting pampas deer, howler monkey, armadillos, birds in Ibera Wetlands, the second-largest wetlands
Visiting Ushuaia, the southernmost city in the world
Sampling wine in a Mendoza vineyards
Exploring Valdes Peninsula
Listening to tango artists perform and looking at the colorful houses in the streets of Caminito, La Boca
Sightseeing in Bariloche
Taking a boat tour to see the Perito Moreno Glacier in Los Glaciares National Park
Seeing Iguazu Falls from the Devil’s Throat observation point
Tasting the finest red meats and Malbec in the world
Taking tango lessons with a 20-year-old American exchange student and a 70-year-old Argentinian grandmother and being completely out-danced by both
Argentina Trip Reviews
2,362 Argentina Tour Reviews - Summary 95% Recommend
All Argentina tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.7 for all Argentina trips.