Belize Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Retreats Similar to a self guided tour but staying in one location only with activities and day outings included as a part of the stay.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
- Xunantunich & Cahal Pech Full-Day Tour
- Actun Tunichil Muknal Cave
- Inland Blue Hole
- Monkey River Full-Day Tour
- Cave Tubing
- Hol Chan & Shark Ray Alley Tour
- Learn some Spanish during an informal lesson in old-world Antigua, then put it to good use during the rest of your Central American adventure.
- Wonder at steep, granite steps that reach into the sky while exploring the temples and monuments of Tikal: the seat of Maya power that mysteriously collapsed in AD950.
- Explore Livingston: a unique riverside town where the local culture is heavily influenced by the Afro-Caribbean Garifuna population.
- Walk along cobblestone streets and shop for local handicrafts in the tiny inland island town of Flores and learn the traditional methods of making tortillas in a small-group workshop.
- Recharge and rejuvenate on the white sands of the Yucatan Peninsula, relaxing in stunning Bacalar and laidback Tulum.
- Caracol Mayan Ruin tour & visit to Rio Frio Cave and pools with lunch
- Yaxha Archaeological Site
- Blue Crater Snorkeling Excursion with lunch
- Tikal National Park tour with lunch
- Flights over the Blue Hole
- Discover the English-speaking hub of Belize City – a dynamic hotspot with delicious street food.
- Go wildlife watching in the Crooked Tree Sanctuary, keeping an eye out for the Jabiru storks – the tallest flying bird in Central and South America.
- Uncover the secrets of crystallised skeletons and crumbling palaces near San Ignacio that have been preserved in their natural glory.
- Laze on the sandy shores of Caye Caulker, off the coast of Belize. Swim in the warm waters of the Caribbean and snorkel through shallow reefs and atolls surrounding the cayes.
- With more time on the beach and in the water, take up the opportunity for some optional experiences, including sea kayaking, stand up paddleboarding, or even a manatee tour!
- Visit Hospicio Cabañas
- Guided City Tour of Guadalajara
- Food tasting at local market in Mexico City
- Visit Coyoacan birthplace of Frida Kahlo
- Visit the ancient ruins of Teotihuacan
- Guided tour of Teotihuacan
- City tour of Oaxaca
- Mezcal Tasting in Oaxaca
- Visit the ruins of Monte Alban and local markets
- Locally guided tour of the ancient ruins of Chichen Itza
- Refrenshing cenote swim
- Locally guided tour of Tikal National Park
- Included flight to Antigua
- Locally Guided Sightseeing tour of Colonial Antigua
- Caribbean Caye Caulker is a dreamy place to spend two days with no plans. Munch barbecue lobster? Snorkel around a coral reef? Nap under a palm tree? It’s up to you.
- Hit the streets of Antigua with your leader and climb to a vintage cross lookout for views of the city and the massive volcano that towers over it.
- Get to know contemporary Maya life during a homestay in San Jorge La Laguna, a lakeside village where you can share meals and conversation with a local family.
- Wander between stalls of rainbow-coloured handicrafts, fruits and flowers and get some haggling tips from your leader in Chichicastenango Market.
- Cruise up the Rio Dulce to your waterfront jungle lodge, then maybe grab a beer and relax while the sounds of nature fill the air.
- Sunset Beach Dinner in Cancun
- Relax on the white sand beaches
- Locally guided tour of Tikal National Park
- Included flight to Antigua
- Visit the Museo de la Palabra y la Imagen
- Visit San Salvador Cathedral, a lovely structure in the center of the city and the burial site of Oscar Romero
- See a display of military tanks, trucks, and helicopters
- The most impressive remnant is the Hieroglyphic Stairway
- Enjoy stunning views of the ruins of Copán as we ride, as well as the opportunity to spot more of Honduras’ colorful wildlife
- Visit local school and nonprofit
- Visit one of the most vibrant markets in the highlands
- Explore the Maya ruins of Tikal and Lamanai
- Enjoy the relaxed Caribbean beach atmosphere of San Pedro
- Zipline and cave-tube deep in the jungle of Central America
- Snorkel off the coasts of San Pedro and Turneffe Atoll
- Immerse yourself in a wide spectrum of local cultures and traditions
- Enjoy the Cruise Norwegian Star
- Explore Florida’s top attractions
- Discover ancient civilizations in Tampa
- There's nothing quite like eating with a local family to really experience a place. At dinner you'll be experiencing traditional Guatemalan hospitality while improving your Spanish with the locals.
- There are many sides to Central America, and you’ll get a taste of a few: slumbering poolside by Playa del Carmen, gazing at the pyramids of Tikal or haggling in the markets of Chichicastenango.
- Choose your own adventure in Cerro Verde National Park. Hike the face of a volcano or escape the heat with a dip in the aqua waters of a crater lake.
- Don’t just fall in love with the food of Central America – learn to make papusas (stuffed flatbread) in El Salvador and nacatamales (steamed filled dough) in Nicaragua.
- Island life doesn’t get much better than Ometepe in Nicaragua – volcanoes, wildlife-rich rainforest, stunning beaches, ancient rock carvings, and a massive lake are all waiting.
- Central America likes to keep you on your toes – hike, cycle or zip-line through the steamy cloud forests of Monteverde in Costa Rica and get up close to nature in one of the world’s most incredible landscapes.
- Costa Rica's famous Arenal Volcano in La Fortuna is unbe-lava-ble. Go with the flow and let off some stream with hikes, waterfalls, watersports, and hot springs in the shadow of this giant.
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Belize Experiences
Splashing and exploring the cave Actun Tunichel Muchtal (ATM), one of the coolest caves you'll ever visit
Scuba diving the epic Blue Hole - an underwater stalactite filled deep chamber in the center of an atoll, and appearing from above as a giant sinkhole of velvety deep blue sea
Seeing jaguars at the Belize zoo
Relaxing on Ambergris Caye
Paddling dusky jade rivers and floating through caves
Participating in adventure activities like leaping from beautiful waterfalls and zip lining through the canopy of lush tropical rainforests
Snorkeling or diving the world's 2nd largest barrier reef
Swimming close enough to touch giant sea turtles at Hol Chan Marine Reserve
Staying at a jungle eco-lodge and awakening to the sounds of monkeys and birds of paradise
Exploring the Mayan ruins of Caracol, an impressive site rising from the snarled jungle with five plazas and an enormous pyramid
Devouring Belizean fry jacks - a decadent yet dainty fried bread, with papaya jam for breakfast
Belize Trip Reviews
1,318 Belize Tour Reviews - Summary 94% Recommend
All Belize tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.7 for all Belize trips.