Ecuador Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
- This trip takes you to the heart of Ecuador's Amazon Basin. Set in the remote rainforest, Sacha Lodge is a haven for nature lovers, birdwatchers, scientists and adventure seekers
- Caiman, otters, sloths, hoatzin, monkeys, capybaras, anacondas... the Amazon is home to some of the most diverse wildlife on Earth
- As well as comfortable accommodation and luxurious meals, your expert guides will enhance your experience with their unique knowledge of the Amazon
- Explore the rainforest on various jungle treks, canopy walks and dugout canoe safaris, or relax in a hammock at the lodge. It's up to you to customise how active you'd like this trip to be
- As you board your vessel – the m/y grand queen beatriz – and follow in the footsteps of charles darwin, you will encounter nature at its finest.
- Explore the islands from on deck, on foot and in the water, no doubt with your eyes open for your next unique sight.
- Sea lions and iguanas await you at plaza sur and santa fe, whilst in san cristobal you meet the grand-daddy of the galapagos – the giant tortoise.
- A hike on bartolome offers panoramic views across some of the other islands, showcasing the dramatic volcanic landscape. this is indeed the galapagos journey with something for everyone.
- With included return flights from the country's highland capital, quito, why not consider extending your stay and seeing the best to offer in ecuador?
- Get your blood pumping as you scale Sierra Negra Volcano during an epic hike, then cool off with a swim in the perfect waters of Isla Isabela’s beaches.
- Many come to Isla Santa Cruz just for the giant tortoises. Get up close and personal with these enormous animals as they drag themselves through the sand.
- Learn about the unique habits of the marine iguana. This dinosaur-like little creature has an iridescent sheen and is only found on the Galapagos Islands.
- Birdwatching at the Galapagos is quite an experience. Watch the aerobatic routines of blue-footed boobies and the death defying stunts of the frigate birds as they whizz through the air.
- This Lonely Planet Experience combines plenty of must-try activities and islands with generous mounts of free time, so you can explore the Galapagos at your own pace.
- Get acquainted with the beautiful churches and graceful boulevards of Quito, Ecuador's capital
- The Galapagos Islands played a profound role in forming Charles Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection. Explore the islands on this in-depth adventure, coming face-to-face with some of the most extraordinary wildlife on earth
- Get your blood pumping as you scale a volcano on Isabela Island, get up close and personal with giant tortoises on Santa Cruz Island. These nearly extinct creatures are one of the greatest drawcards to the Galapagos
- This is a land based Galapagos trip, we use locally owned hotels on the islands. On this trip you will have more opportunities to interact with the locals as opposed to staying on a boat.
- Learn about the unique habits of the marine iguana. This dinosaur-like little creature has an iridescent sheen and is only found on the Galapagos Islands.
- Snorkel the incredible waters of Leon Dormido (Kicker Rock), an eroded volcanic cone where sea turtles, rays and colourful fish make their home.
- Many come to Isla Santa Cruz just for the giant tortoises. Get up close and personal with these enormous animals as they shuffle along.
- Watch the aerobatic routines of blue-footed boobies and the death-defying stunts of the frigate birds as they whizz through the air.
- As it begins and ends in the Galapagos (as opposed to mainland Ecuador) it’s easy to stay on if you fall in love with the archipelago.
- Pink flamingos, red-throated frigates and blue-footed boobies will have you craning your neck, snapping photos and contemplating a career in ornithology.
- Snorkel through the underwater wonderland of Devil’s Crown, the formerly volcanic crater that is now home to turtles, rays and sharks.
- Have an up-close encounter with the lumbering gentle giant that is the Galapagos tortoise, both captive and in the wild.
- This 6-day tour is a short and sweet introduction to the famed archipelago, the perfect addition to any South American adventure.
- An itinerary that strikes the perfect balance between active adventure on land and relaxing evening on Le Grande Daphne, our brand-new motor yacht.
- Master two of South America’s classics, ceviche and pisco sours, at an interactive cooking class.
- Indulge at a farm-to-table meal in a local community.
- Discover centuries-old Andean textile methods in the Peruvian Andes.
- Wind through the Andes to Machu Picchu in a domed train.
- Stand tall in the “Middle of the World” at the Equatorial Line Monument and Museum.
- Embark on a 5-day cruise of the Galápagos Islands with a naturalist guide.
- Explore the fabled ruins of Machu Picchu.
- Be awestruck by giant tortoises at the Charles Darwin Research Station.
- Hike Peru's iconic Inca Trail
- Snorkel the incredible marine life-filled waters of Kicker Rock, also known as Leon Dormido, one of the best snorkelling spots in the Galapagos and an absolute highlight for many travellers
- Meet near-extinct Galapagos tortoises
- Scale a volcano on Isla Isabela
- Explore the Galapagos Islands
- Get acquainted with Quito's dizzying altitude
- Choose the classic Inca Trail, the quieter Quarry Trail or the scenic train route to reach Machu Picchu. It will be unforgettable, no matter how you get there.
- Take a boat tour around the floating islands of Uros on Lake Titicaca and spend the night with a local family in a traditional island community.
- Spend two nights deep in the Amazon Jungle, trekking with local flora and fauna experts through the ‘Lungs of the World’.
- Huge giant tortoises, colourful marine iguanas and the puppies of the sea (AKA sea lions) – come face-to-face with these creatures and more on the Galapagos Islands.
- Stay in locally-owned hotels in the Galapagos with daily island-hopping adventures by speedboat. The perfect way to see the best of the archipelago while supporting home-grown businesses.
- Swimming beside sea lions is an incredible and surreal experience, and there are few better places to do so than Isla Lobos: home of the world's second largest sea lion colony.
- You'll get to know the locals by staying in small hotels on the Galapagos islands, as well as exploring the islands and coves by boat.
- Be surrounded by birds like blue-footed boobies and frigates, who land so close, and often have not even the slightest interest you're there!
- Incredible photo opportunities await around every corner – not least of Kicker Rock, the marvellous twin volcanic peaks seen sitting in the ocean from the top of Cerro Tijeratas.
- With spare time in Quito and Isla Santa Cruz, you can spend quality time with the family – perhaps with further hiking or visiting the colourful local markets.
- Experience the benefits of small group travel aboard your vessel, M/Y Le Grande Daphne, sailing through the natural beauty of the Galapagos, day and night.
- Explore the remote west coast of Isabela on a small panga boat, and venture to the far-west Fernandina, home of the highest density of marine iguanas.
- The old pirate haunt of Buccaneer Cove has something for everyone – soaring birds overhead, striking cliff faces framing the bay, and the tales of Darwin remaining to this day.
- Encounter the unique Galapagos wildlife in their natural habitat, from giant blue-footed and masked boobies, pelicans and frigate birds to iguanas, sea lions and turtles.
- Las Tintoreras is like one big wildlife party. Snorkel among the iguanas and turtles and spot sea lions, penguins and frigate birds at every turn.
- Hike, snorkel, sleep, repeat – this isn’t your average cruise. Get active in the rugged and isolated northern Galapagos Islands.
- From sunbathing sea lions to colourful crabs, this trip is bound to feature encounters with crazy critters of all shapes and sizes.
- Wander along the red-sand shore of Isla Rabida, then head inland in search of the flamingos and other water birds.
- This 7-day tour is a short and sweet introduction to the famed archipelago, the perfect addition to any South American adventure.
- An itinerary that strikes the perfect balance between excursion-packed days and relaxing evenings on Le Grande Daphne, our brand-new motor yacht.
- Snorkelling in the Devil’s Crown is like nothing else. This submerged crater – full of sea lions, turtles and rays – boasts some of the best underwater views in the archipelago.
- This trip is one for the bird-lovers. Witness the albatross colonies of Isla Espanola and seek out the rare red-footed booby on Isla Genovesa.
- Plant your feet on 100-year-old pahoehoe lava as you walk across Bahia Sullivan, perhaps spotting a colourful marine iguana or twelve along the way.
- Discover the otherworldly landscapes and creatures the islands are famous for, going deeper with a knowledgeable local naturalist who will accompany you on all your excursions.
- Sea lions, marine iguanas, and more fish than you can shake a snorkel at – this trip is packed with guaranteed wildlife encounters.
- Snorkel in Tijeretas and keep an eye out for eagle rays, Galapagos sea turtles, sea lions and plenty of colourful fish.
- Scale a volcano on Isla Isabela, a 17-kilometre hike that rewards you with epic views across the island plus the possibility of sighting the rare, red-feathered vermilion flycatcher.
- Head to the highlands of Isla Santa Cruz to see giant tortoises munching grass, walking slowly and chilling in their natural habitat.
- You have the option to tailor your experience with unforgettable optional excursions like nature hikes, boat trips and scuba diving.
- Learn about Galapagos’ natural and exploratory history with a visit to the Charles Darwin Research Station and learn about conservation efforts to preserve their ecosystems.
- If there’s one ultimate Galapagos adventure, this is it. Combining off-the-beaten-track gems with iconic sights like the Pinnacle Rock, this trip is a microcosm of the Galapagos
- This unique, stand-alone sailing adventure shares its itinerary with no other Intrepid trip. Enjoy minimal contact with other travellers and boats
- Explore the remote west coast of Isabela on a small Panga boat, and venture to the far-west Fernandina, home of the highest density of marine iguanas
- Beach-lovers will be in heaven. The turtle-dotted Las Bachas is about as idyllic as they come, and the richly coloured sands of Espumilla on your feet feel like nothing else
- Volcanically active, steeped in myth and flanked by gorgeous cliffs, the old pirate haunt of Buccaneer Cove has something for everyone, from birdwatchers to geology enthusiasts to history buffs
- Las Tintoreras is like one big wildlife party. Snorkel among the iguanas and turtles and effortlessly spot sea lions, penguins and frigate birds
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Ecuador Experiences
Taking a cruise to the Galapagos Islands
Horseback riding through Ecuador’s scenic trails
Learning more about unique Galapagos wildlife at the Giant Tortoise Reserve.
Hiking in the Andes Mountains
Exploring the Amazon Jungle
Visiting the colorful city of Quito and shopping in amazing markets
Learning about Ecuador’s fascinating culture
Ecuador Trip Reviews
3,654 Ecuador Tour Reviews - Summary 95% Recommend
All Ecuador tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.7 for all Ecuador trips.