Private Guided Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
- Visit Cape Town
- Experience midday walking safari!
- Disvover Johannesburg
- Visit Kruger Park wildlife heaven!
- Begin and end your vacation in Frankfurt, Germany's financial hub that's home to the European Central Bank.
- Drive through the fabled Black Forest, the setting of the Brothers Grimm "Hansel and Gretel" folk tale.
- Explore Neuschwanstein Castle just outside of Fussen. This castle was the inspiration for Disney's Sleeping Beauty Castle!
- Pop over to Austria and spend one night in Innsbruck, the capital of the Alps known for its winter sports.
- Stroll through charming Rothenburg, known as Germany's best-preserved medieval town and a highlight of the Romantic Road.
- Sample the flavors of Spain at a tapas bar!
- Seville is rumored to be the birthplace of flamenco - what better place to catch a show?!
- Treat yourself to a horse-drawn carriage ride in historic Seville.
- Experience the distinct culture of Spain's Catalan region.
- Explore the whimsical works of eclectic architect Antoni Gaudí during your time in Barcelona.
- Visit the towering Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world, and admire the views from the observation deck.
- Head to the traditional souks or bazaars to buy spices, local crafts and even gold!
- Dubai's nightlife is legendary - during your stay, don't forget to enjoy a night out on the town.
- Find your bliss at your ocean villa in the Maldives, the ultimate island getaway!
- Relax on gorgeous white sand beaches and swim in turquoise lagoons.
- Work on your tan at Doctor's Cave Beach, one of the most famous beaches in Jamaica!
- Snorkel or dive to see beautiful coral reefs at Montego Bay Marine Park.
- Enjoy a hassle-free vacation at this all-inclusive hotel right on the beach.
- Explore Jamaica's history at Rose Hall Great House in downtown Montego Bay.
- Dig into local Jamaican specialties like jerk chicken, callaloo and pepperpot.
- Spend your nights on North Male Atoll, known as the "Island of White Gold" due to its dazzling white sands.
- See multi-colored corals and schools of mesmerizing coral fish on a snorkeling or scuba diving excursion.
- Take a short boat ride to the capital of the Maldives, Male.
- Taste Maldivian cuisine, which is a mix of Arabic, Indian, Sri Lankan and Asian influences.
- Wake up to the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean from your private ocean villa.
- Enjoy luxurious accommodations and easy access to sights and fun during your stay in Munich.
- Cater your day to your personal preference with your Hop-On/Hop-Off Sightseeing tour!
- Feel like royalty as you visit two stunning castles straight from a fairy tale set in the mountains.
- Set aside some time to visit a biergarten to get a unique and authentic German experience!
- Snap plenty of photos as you wander through historical streets, beautiful museums, and a dazzling array of castles and palaces!
- Treat yourself to a culinary tour of the city's must-try dishes of each city; Roman Artichokes in Rome and Florentine Steak in Florence.
- Legend has it throwing a coin into Rome's Trevi Fountain will ensure a return trip to Rome; toss one in and find out for yourself!
- Ascend the iconic Colosseum, the ruins of the largest amphitheater ever built.
- Explore the haunting remnants of the Renaissance in Florence; fall in love with breathtaking artwork and architectural masterpieces.
- Take a stroll along Florence's famous Ponte Vecchio, and shop the vendors selling handmade goods along the way.
- Visit Origins Centre in Johannesburg, where kids can learn about African origins of humankind through interactive exhibits.
- See incredible vistas at Chapman's Peaks on an included full-day tour of the Cape Peninsula!
- Enjoy South African wine while the kids have their own fun on an included Cape Winelands family tour.
- See the Big 5 (lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhino) at the Kariega Game Reserve.
- Enjoy airport transfers, comfortable accommodations and kid-friendly tours throughout your vacation!
- Enjoy scenic views of the city from Edinburgh Castle, which sits perched atop an extinct volcano.
- Pay a visit to Scotland's oldest pub, the Sheep Heid Inn in Edinburgh!
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Scottish countryside as you ride the rail from city to city.
- Embark on a quest for Nessie during your special Loch Ness river tour.
- Treat yourself to a sampling of Scotland's famous spirit: Scotch!
- Tour the Heroic City, Cartagena, and take in its colorful history and vibrant culture.
- Spend a day with your options open, revisit Cartagena's highlights, book a tour on your own, or lounge on the beach.
- Unwind in the luxury of the white sand beaches of Manzanillo.
- Get a taste of the local cuisine, trying dishes like empanadas, ajieco, or arepas.
- Explore the city along the brilliant waters of Manzanillo Beach.
- Come face-to-face with some of the most amazing architecture in the world. See the famous masterpieces of Antoni Gaudí and many others.
- Indulge in authentic Spanish cuisine! Be sure to try tapas, Gazpacho, Paella, and more traditional favorites.
- Thrill-seekers can walk across Malaga's Caminito del Rey, the world's most dangerous footpath.
- Experience the differences in local culture as you travel to 5 diverse cities.
- See a traditional Flamenco show or bullfight!
- Take advantage of your included 2-day Paris Pass that grants you access to countless museums, tours, attractions, and more.
- Enjoy a local wine tasting, then treat yourself to decadent pastries, breads, and other culinary favorites.
- Float down the River Seine and see Paris from an extraordinarily unique perspective.
- Stroll through the Louvre, Musee d'Orsay, and other world-famous museums.
- Admire the amazing architecture of Sainte Chapelle, Sacré-Cœur, and other magnificent buildings.
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Private Guided Experiences
Joining family members in Africa for wildlife viewing on safari .
Experiencing the Dalmatian or Turkish coasts on a small luxury yacht.
Gaining deeper insights into the indigenous cultures of Botswana and Namibia via one-on-one contact.
Taking private cooking lessons in Tuscany with a small group of friends.
Exploring ancient Egyptian archaeological sites at your own desired pace.
Learning how to throw a boomerang in Australia’s outback under the tutelage of a native.
Trekking through the Himalayas of Nepal with an experienced Sherpa guide.
Private Guided Trip Reviews
4,648 Private Guided Tour Reviews - Summary 96% Recommend
All Private Guided tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.8 for all Private Guided trips.