Rivers & Seas Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
- Take guided walk through the grounds of Kalemegdan Fortress
- Experience two nights in bustling Budapest, cosmopolitan capital of Hungary
- Sail past dramatic natural wonders like the soaring white cliffs of the Iron Gate region
- Enjoy Serbian & Hungarian folkloric performances
- Enjoy the authentic flavors of Eastern Europe, on shore and aboard
- Spend one amazing night in Yangon, fly to Mandalay and embark upon a 14-night cruise ending in Yangon
- Visit Sagaing, opportunity to see hundreds of monasteries and tranquil atmosphere.
- Explore Yangon
- Visit Yokesonekyaung, built in 1882 and the region’s oldest surviving wooden monastery.
- Take an opportunity to cruise through the Ayeyarwady Delta region
- Explore the massive reclining Buddha at Chaukhtautgyi Temple.
- Enjoy the Cruise of luxury Emerald Star-Ship
- Discover Cologne which is famous for its magnificent World–Heritage listed Gothic Cathedral
- Enjoy cruise through the spectacular Rhine Gorge
- Visit the Bishops’ Residenz
- Explore this UNESCO World Heritage city Bamberg
- Visit fascinating abbey at Melk, a 900-year-old Benedictine monastery
- Opportunity to tour Regensburg a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Get an opportunity to visit 9 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Discover Netherlands
- Visit Marksburg Castle, the only Rhine fortress never destroyed
- Explore the ancient marvels in this astounding city; the pyramids, Sphinx, Cairo Museum, Citadel, Mosque and Khan el Khalili Bazaar
- Discover the fabulous Temples at Luxor and Karnak
- Explore the ruins at Kom Ombo, Edfu, including the temple dedicated to the crocodile god, Sobek
- Visit fascinating Unfinished Obelisk and High Dam
- Taj Mahal
- Delhi Sightseeing
- Elephant Ride to Amber Fort (Jaipur)
- Sunrise Boat Ride on the Ganges River
- Durbar Square (Kathmandu)
- Explore Moscow's attraction - Red Square, St. Basil's Cathedral
- Visit Kremlin (Moscow)
- See the Czar’s Cannon (Moscow)
- Enjoy a guided tour to Armory Museum (Moscow)
- Optional Moscow Metro Tour
- See the Governor’s Palace in Yaroslavl
- Enjoy a magnificent walking tour on the fairy tale island of Kizhi
- Explore the culture and the architecture in St. Petersburg
- Visit Hermitage Museum
- Tailor this trip to your style and budgey with our fine choice of city-center hotels.
- Travel through the Chunnel aboard the Eurostar Train from London to Paris… with private rail station transfers to make your travel truly carefree!
- Our included hop-on/hop-off sightseeing tours in both cities make it easy to see all the sites on your list.
- Enjoy a cruise on the Thames and ride the London Eye.
- Ride the buses and subways for free with our included transport passes in both cities.
- Gain free entry to the top sites of Paris with our 2-day Museum Pass.
- Explore by kayak, and come even closer to nature
- Expert guides will accompany you
- Enjoy a tranquil tour at your own pace
- Unpack just once and journey through five European countries—Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, France, and Switzerland
- Cruise aboard our award-winning 140- to 164-passenger ships with a dedicated English-speaking crew
- Experience this European itinerary, and uncover a local and American perspective in destinations like Speyer, where you’ll enjoy a Home-Hosted Kaffeeklatsch
- Explore with an expert, local Program Director—a native or resident of Europe—who will be dedicated to your group of no more than 47 from the start to the end of your trip
- Discover Berlin’s modern chic, Potsdam’s rococo whimsy
- Experience cruise along Elbe which is one of Europe’s most unspoiled rivers
- Opportunity to visit 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Explore Wittenberg’s and see the historic landmarks.
- Explore Prague
- Get an opportunity to Visit 9 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Enjoy the amazing river cruising across Amsterdam
- Explore Budapest enjoy innovative, efficient metro.
- Discover Vienna
- Experience a tour of Bamberg, with its medieval city center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Wander around Rome's famous landmarks including the Colosseum, Vatican City, Sistine Chapel, St Peter's Basilica and much more
- Settle into Amalfi historic Hotel with charming first class overlooking the sea
- Sail to island Carpi, PositanoPositano and Sorrento
- Hike to charming mountain Ravello
- visit the beautiful Villa Rufolo
- Enjoy the wine tasting with the best Amalfi Coast wines and the famous LIMONCELLO liqueur
- Enjoy the fascinating river cruises across Danube.
- Opportunity to visit 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Explore Hungary
- Experience a tour to Bratislava and See attractions like the medieval Town Hall
- Visit to Český Krumlov, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Discover Passau
- Learn more about the climate changes
- Fascinating lectures from the Expedition team
- Landings, excursions and activities
- Visit Iceland, Jan Mayen and Spitsbergen
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Rivers & Seas Experiences
Seeing the fairy-tale castles and medieval villages on Danube River cruise.
Sailing across the Aegean and Adriatic Sea on a small ship cruise, stopping to visit ruins of Olympia in Greece, and Albania’s historic city of Butrint.
Taking an expedition cruise to the Antarctic Peninsula and on the way stopping to see South Shetland Islands and Bransfield Strait.
Enjoying a boat tour along the Ganges River where you get to see the temples and Hindu’s performing the bathing ritual.
Cruising through Moselle and Rhine rivers, which is the heart of the scenic German wine country.
Rivers & Seas Trip Reviews
1,267 Rivers & Seas Tour Reviews - Summary 94% Recommend
All Rivers & Seas tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.6 for all Rivers & Seas trips.