Safaris Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Retreats Similar to a self guided tour but staying in one location only with activities and day outings included as a part of the stay.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
- Cape Town Kids City Tour
- Cape Peninsula Tour with picnic lunch
- Cape Winelands for Kids Tour (Full-Day)
- Visit Arusha
- Enjoy panoramic views of baobab and acacia trees
- Tarangire on a final morning game drive
- Visit Lake Manyara National Park
- Take a stroll through the colorful streets of Bo-Kaap in Cape Town. Experience this former township, which is just as vibrant in history as it is in color!
- Browse local craft markets, check out Green Market Square in Cape Town and explore Woodmill Market in Stellenbosch.
- Say hello to the Western Cape's cutest residents - African Penguins! Head to Boulder's Beach and watch the little guys bask in the sun and swim in the turquoise water.
- Keep an eye out for Southern Right Whales in Hermanus, also known as South Africa's whale watching capital.
- See the Big 5 up-close! Enjoy a luxurious stay in the brush and experience daily safari drives.
- Game drive in the conservancy before driving to the Lake Nakuru area
- Enjoy Kenya’s most famous game area
- Visit Maasai Mara
See the highlights of Cape Town on the half day city. Relax for a few days in this Mother City or choose optional tours to the Cape Peninsula and Cape Winelands. Then an exciting safari awaits you - game viewing in open safari vehicles by day and at night and on guided bush walks. Simply South Africa at it’s finest!
- Cape Town Hop-on/Hop-off City Tour
- Shark Cave Diving Tour in Gansbaai
- Cape Peninsula Tour (full-day)
- Winelands Tour (Full-Day)
- Cape Town City & Table Mountain Tour (Half-Day)
- Journey to Freedom Tour (Full-Day)
- Cape Peninsula Tour (full-day)
- Winelands Tour (Full-Day)
- Cape Town City & Table Mountain Tour (Half-Day)
- Visit Cape Town
- Enjoy a full day at your leisure
- Visit Kruger National Park
- Visit mighty Victoria Falls for an awe-inspiring experience
- Enjoy game drive in specially outfitted safari vehicle
- Visit Kingdom of Swaziland
- Boat rides at Lake St Lucia and Knysna
- Explore Cape of Good Hope
- Experience Game viewing and a picnic lunch in Tarangire National Park
- Game drive in Lake Manyara National Park find an abundance of wildlife.
- Visit Olduvai Gorge, an archeological site
- Explore Serengeti National Park
- Be swept away by the eclectic history of cuba’s capital as you cruise through havana in a vintage american convertible and enjoy a 2-night feature stay at the iconic hotel nacional.
- Experience old-world charm at a leisurely pace in the colourful coastal town of trinidad. delve into the city’s sultry latin rhythms with a salsa class and enjoy plenty of free time for seaside relaxation.
- Glide around the culture-soaked streets of camaguey in true local style – on a bicycle taxi! feel the breeze on your cheeks as you explore parks, plazas and markets from the backseat of this traditional mode of transport.
- Relish a real garden-to-plate dining experience at an organic eco-farm in picturesque vinales – indulge in a variety of fresh produce all while gazing across sweeping views of the valley.
- Receive a fascinating insight into the rise and fall of the charismatic and highly celebrated cuban revolutionary – che guevara – at his mausoleum and museum in santa clara.
- Visit the Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust and learn about the rescue and rehabilitation of wildlife, human-wildlife conflict and anti-poaching efforts.
- Pay the elephants and lions of Hwange National Park a visit in an open-air safari vehicle, stopping along the way for the perfect wildlife photographs.
- Track rhinos on foot with an expert local guide in Matobo National Park – an exhilarating way to experience the wildlife of Zimbabwe.
- Immerse yourself in the ancient culture of the Venda people at a two-night village homestay in South Africa's Limpopo province.
- Marvel at the unforgettable views of Blyde River Canyon. This spectacular gorge is up there with the world's largest and is probably the greenest of the lot.
- Encounter roaring lions and magnificent zebra in the famous Serengeti National Park as our small safari vehicles get you close to the action in this spectacular wildlife arena.
- Experience the thrill of camping among nature and drift off to sleep to the sounds of the African night.
- Meet some Maasai Mamas (the name for women artisans in Tanzania) and learn about their village life, including how to prepare a local Swahili dish.
- Take a mind-blowing safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater for a chance to see the endangered black rhinoceros.
- Accompanied by a local crew – a leader, driver and cook – you and your family are in excellent hands for the duration of your adventure.
- Explore the Serengeti, a wildlife arena like no other, and look for lions, leopards, elephants and giraffes in this iconic park.
- Spend a day with local women in Arusha, learning to prepare a Swahili dish, crafting and learning about village life in Kisongo.
- Take a mind-blowing safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an open-roof 4WD vehicle for a chance to see endangered black rhinoceros.
- Embark on a hike through the Usambara Mountains to the Irente viewpoint, then stop at a farm on the way back for a picnic lunch.
- Accompanied by a local crew — a leader, driver and cook – you'll be in excellent hands for the duration of your adventure.
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Safaris Experiences
Witnessing the annual migration of 1.3 million wildebeest in East Africa’s Serengeti, one of the great natural wonders of the world.
Going on a gorilla tracking tour in Uganda, Rwanda, and learning about these incredible gentle giants. And feeling the incredible power of their presence as you enter their territory as respectfully as possible.
Watching intently as a pride of lions cross the grasslands within eyeshot of a herd of Thomson’s gazelles on a tour of Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania.
Encountering Maasai tribesmen dressed in traditional red cloaks herding their cattle as wildlife roam nearby.
Checking off the "Big 5" – elephant, rhino, lion, leopard, and Cape buffalo – and many more (giraffe, zebra, cheetah, hippo, etc.) from your life list while on safari in Kruger National Park.
Exploring Botswana’s Okavango Delta, where annual flood waters attract vast numbers of wild animals.
Picnicking at the hippo pool, with a lunch spread out on the hood of your safari vehicle.
Enjoying the view of the savannah from your safari lodge private deck as you sip a glass of South African wine.
Safaris Trip Reviews
10,732 Safaris Tour Reviews - Summary 91% Recommend
All Safari tours and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.5 for all Safaris trips.