Asia Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
- Savor traditional Chinese food including dumplings, noodles and Peking Duck.
- Share lunch with a local family in their Hutong home.
- Partake in a traditional tea ceremony.
- Take your seat at an amazing acrobatics show.
- All aboard the Maglev train - reach speeds over 260 miles per hour!
- Interact with China’s national treasure at the Giant Panda Breeding Research Base.
- Walk on the Juyongguan section of the Great Wall.
- Explore Old Town Shanghai and tranquil Yuyuan Garden.
- Take a relaxing 4-night upstream cruise on the Yangtze River.
- Wander through the grand square Registan in Samarkand, admiring the imposing architecture from afar and the detailed craftmanship on the tiling up close.
- Walk under pointed arches and between dome-topped mausoleums the size of apartments in the Shak-i-Zinda necropolis, which has pieces from the 14th–19th century.
- Travel along the Chychkan River beneath the towering peaks of Kyrgyzstan’s Tien Shan range, mountains even more spectacular for emptiness of the valleys below them.
- Stay in a classic felt-lined yurt on the shore of alpine Song-Kol Lake, where you can watch the sunset behind craggy mountains before warming yourself by the stove.
- Visit a Kyrgyz village and watch locals play a traditional horseback sport like odarysh (wrestling on horseback) or kok-baru (goat polo).
- The trip may be quick, but it is packed full of experiences that will give you great insight into Cambodia in a short amount of time
- Begin your adventure in bustling Bangkok, full of interesting sights and delectable cuisine. With the option of adding an extra couple of days before your trip begins, you’ll fit into the lifestyle of South East Asia straight away
- As well as a guided tour, you’ll also have a three-day Angkor pass to cover your whole time in Siem Reap, so that you can explore this incredible temple complex as much and as often as you like
- Discover the temple ruins at Sambor Prei Kuk and enjoy a local village homestay to experience everyday life in rural Cambodia.
- Learn the confronting yet important history of Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek in Phnom Penh
- By staying in local accommodation, you’ll get a true insight into real Vietnam. Spend a memorable night in a locally run guesthouse on the Mekong Delta, and an unforgettable boat stay on Halong Bay.
- Spend time at your own pace on the coast in the idyllic seaside town of Phan Rang. You’ll have time to stroll the sandy beaches and head out on the water to snorkel.
- Historic Hoi An is easily covered by foot, and you’ll have time to marvel in its delights. Laze on Cua Dai Beach, discover the renowned tailors, eat your way through the local food market – it’s up to you!
- Discover the bustling centres of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City – with their French colonial influence and region-specific cuisine, your eyes (and tastebuds!) will never go hungry.
- Sample regional specialties and support local communities on your way, from seafood in Halong Bay, street snacks at markets, tropical fruits in the Mekong Delta and a special breakfast at KOTO restaurant.
- Visit our local Bai friends in Dali and learn about Bai people and their way of life.
- In Shaxi, you'll see one of the best-preserved traditional towns in Yunnan. Stay in a friendly, family-run guesthouse and sample some authentic local cuisine
- Experience the legendary Tiger Leaping Gorge, with two days of hiking one of China's most breathtaking trails.
- Journey to Shangrila and walk among Tibetan pilgrims in Sumtseling Monastery.
- Travel like a local, on public buses and sleeper trains. It's the perfect opportunity to interact with people and take in the charming provincial scenery.
- You've never tried anything like Yunannese food! Get a different perspective on Chinese cuisine with the unique flavours of the local soup, noodles, mushrooms and even cheese.
- See the best of Cambodia in one energetic helping, taking in the highlights while getting active to uncover some underexplored treasures of this South East Asian hotspot.
- Cycle off the main streets and into the heart of Phnom Penh with a guided backstreets bike tour – weaving through small villages and rice paddies, you’ll see local life firsthand.
- Discover traditional Khmer villages and their dedication to reforestation on the Mekong island of Koh Trong, and swing the day away in a hammock at a rural homestay with your small group.
- Angkor what? Temple hop through the Angkor complex and surrounding jungle by private minibus and bike, allowing you to discover this incredible site from unique perspectives.
- Paddle through spectacular flooded forests of Stung Treng by kayak and try to spot rare Irrawaddy dolphins from the water on a boat excursion along parts of the Mekong River.
- Discover a world of Thai food beyond the obvious (and delicious!) pad thai and green curry – from boat noodles in Ayutthaya to khao soi in Chiang Mai, and everything in between.
- Let your group leader guide you through the best local hawker stalls and food markets of the country’s bustling capital, Bangkok.
- Whip up northern Thai khantohk specialities just outside of Chiang Mai, and experience Thai life from a local's perspective with a village homestay.
- Encounter the eye-opening and surprising world of Thai food markets, filled with unpredictable tastes and found in unexpected places – on a river or set up on a railway track!
- Cook Central Thai regional dishes and feast on your creations while you float down the river on a cruise.
- Travel into the Thar Desert on camelback, spending a memorable evening eating Rajasthani food under the stars in a camp set among sand dunes.
- Cut through the chaos of Jodhpur’s Sadar Bazaar with your knowledgeable local leader, haggling for handicrafts and sipping some of the best lassi in town.
- Snap incredible photos of the immense Chand Baori, a grand ninth-century stepwell in rural Abhaneri that extends over 20 metres into the earth.
- Explore the centre of India’s spiritual heart – Varanasi – on a guided walking tour through the alleyways of the Old Town right to the bank of the Ganges.
- India can be intimidating, but with your local leader there the whole way, you’ll be dodging cows, navigating market stalls, and eating from the best chaat stalls in Delhi in no time.
- Let a local expert bring Cambodia’s ancient history to life as you temple-hop at the Angkor complex with your small group – one of South East Asia's most stunning attractions.
- A homestay in Chambok puts you right in the heart of everyday village life in Cambodia. Enjoy a delicious dinner cooked by the locals and be treated to a traditional dance performance.
- Uncover another side to southern coastal Cambodia with two nights spent in the riverside hub of Kampot. You’ll have plenty of free time to get to know why this town is on our up-and-coming list.
- Confront the sobering but important Khmer history in Phnom Penh, with included visits to the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek.
- Top and tail your Cambodian adventure with time spent in two of South East Asia’s bustling hubs – Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City. Haven’t been there before? Why not extend your stay in one, or both!
- With so much going on in the chaotic capital of Delhi, a local leader is a must. Get to know the city with your leader helping you navigate.
- Have your expectations smashed by the spectacular Taj Mahal during a guided tour that illuminates the building’s fascinating back story.
- Spend sunrise along the holy Ganges River in Varanasi, watching thousands of Hindu pilgrims bathe in the water as the sun soaks everything in warm light.
- Tordi Garh is a place few travellers get to see, but you’ll stay in this rural Rajasthani village in style during a night at a 16th-century palace.
- Travelling across India wouldn’t be complete without a journey on a sleeper train. With padded bunks for comfort and vendors selling chai and samosas, it’s a quintessential Indian experience.
- A cyclo tour of Hanoi is an excellent introduction to bustling inner-city Vietnam, and the novelty of travelling on these three-wheeled wonders is a thrill for all ages
- There's a great mix of included activities and free time, which is perfect in atmospheric destinations like Hoi An, with the beach just a short bike ride away
- Halong Bay is not only an amazing and unique natural wonder – it's a proper escape from the world around you. Sleep under the stars on a comfortable cruise boat and enjoy a sumptuous lunch and dinner on board
- By dining at KOTO in Hanoi, you and your family will not only feast on dellicious northern specialties, you'll be supporting an excellent cause that helps connect street kids with careers in hospitality
- One of the many advantages of group travel is the social aspect, and kids often have playmates, giving you a little more time to relax
- Ride around the ancient ruins of Anuradhapura on a bike tour, cycling through jungle to see the dagobas, palaces and pools of a city abandoned over 1000 years ago.
- Climb the rock fortress of Sigiriya to the ancient ruins that lie atop the 200-metre-high summit and get panoramic views over the surrounding wilderness.
- Explore the divine city of Kandy, mingling with pilgrims at the Temple of the Tooth, touring a tea factory and taking in the views of this lush lakefront town.
- Fall in love with Sri Lankan food and get to know locals during experiences like lunching with a Tamil tea worker and a homecooking demonstration.
- Unwind on the sandy beaches of Mirissa, where the waters are clear and warm, and monkeys play in the swaying palms that line the shores.
- This trip will immerse you in Balinese culture – you'll eat street food, meet songket weavers, witness a traditional Kecak dance performance and visit a Hindu-Buddhist island temple.
- A guided hike to the summit of Mt Batur will provide you with dazzling sunrise vistas that stretch across the Lombok Strait, all the way over to the peaks of Mt Rinjani.
- The lovely, peaceful village of Sidemen is nestled in the lush Balinese hills. This is the perfect place to escape the tourists, and the heat!
- Ubud is the artistic and cultural heart of Bali, enjoy a guided walk through the lush green surrounds and gain an insight into daily village life.
- With hiking, cycling and snorkelling, this trip is steeped in outdoor activities. But there's also plenty of time to relax – bathe in hot springs or laze on the beach
- Learn how to make a Balinese blessing and understand it's importance to the Balinese people.
- Embark on a cycling trip through the backcountry of Yogyakarta. A world of flower-studded fields and smiling locals, this cultural centre is one of South East Asia’s standout destinations.
- Take a guided walk through the jungle and rice paddies of Seloliman Nature Reserve, then sit back, relax and soak up the ambience under the stars as a small group.
- Climbing Mt Bromo in the early hours of the morning is an adventure to remember. If the conditions are right, you'll be rewarded with a dazzling view over mist-laden volcanoes.
- Get behind the scenes of some of Java's fascinating local industries – from coffee, cocoa and palm sugar to traditional Javanese medicine of jamu.
- Balance out all of the activity and adventure with plenty of time to chill out away from the crowds at beachside paradise of Pemuteran on Bali’s less-visited north coast.
- Experience local life during homestays in the Mekong Delta and Da Bac. Get to know local families, participate in their activities and enjoy a homestyle meal.
- Cruise a sea of limestone karsts, blue-green waters, mysterious caves and ancient jungle on an unforgettable Cat Ba Island boat trip
- Get a different view of Vietnam from the back of a motorbike. Take a two-wheeled tour around Hue and enjoy a special lunch spot at a convent or Buddhist monastery for a delicious vegetarian feast.
- Enjoy this leisurely-paced itinerary that allows for ample time in each location, with a great mix of included activities and free time to explore
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Asia Experiences
Walking the Great Wall of China at dawn
Exploring the sprawling Cambodian city of Angkor Wat and all its many temples
Marveling at the beauty of Ha long Bay in Vietnam, an UNESCO World Heritage Site with 3,000 islets
Observing the Naadam Festival in Mongolia
Experiencing the famous nightlife and hustle and bustle of Bangkok in Thailand
Relaxing on the serene island of Bali
Hiking the Himalayan foothills and wandering the bazaars of Kathmandu in Nepal
Wandering around calming Buddhist Temples in Japan
Taking an exotic Irrawaddy River cruise
Enjoying the colorful city of Tokyo, Japan
Experiencing two worlds in super-modern and colonial Shanghai, China.
Lounging on the beach in Ngapali on the Bay of Bengal, the most popular resort town in Myanmar
Asia Trip Reviews
14,298 Asia Tour Reviews - Summary 94% Recommend
All Asia tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.6 for all Asia trips.