Europe Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
- CITY TOUR in London, Rome, Florence and Paris
- ORIENTATION of Amsterdam, Heidelberg, Munich, Innsbruck, Venice and Lucerne
- VISIT St. Peter's Basilica in Rome and St. Severin Church in Paris
- VIEW the canals in Amsterdam, the Golden Roof in Innsbruck, St. Mark's Square in Venice, the ancient sites in Rome, the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne, the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- SEE the Lorelei Rock and the vineyards of Burgundy
- SCENIC CRUISE along the canals of Amsterdam and the Rhine River
- Visit the concentration camp at Auschwitz, now a museum honoring the victims of the Holocaust
- See the 13th century Matthias Coronation Church and the Citadel on Mount Gellert.
- See historical sights including the Monument of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
- Voyage to the charming artist’s town of Szentendre
- Enjoy a panoramic tour taking you along the Ring Boulevard, past Emperor Franz Josef’s Hofburg Palace and the ornate State Opera to a masterpiece of Gothic architecture, the Cathedral of St. Stephen’s
- Visit the quaint towns of Duernstein and Telc en route to Prague
- See the 14th-century Charles Bridge and explore the charming Old Town in Prague
- Helsinki Tour
- Danube Bend
- Visit fascinating abbey at Melk, a 900-year-old Benedictine monastery
- Opportunity to tour Regensburg a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Get an opportunity to visit 9 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Discover Netherlands
- Visit Marksburg Castle, the only Rhine fortress never destroyed
- Experience Cruise: deluxe 12-night cruise in an outside stateroom with Avalon’s exclusive Comfort Collection Beds
- Explore Vienna
- Enjoy guided walk through Linz
- Tasting of local specialties in Bavaria’s picturesque Wertheim
- Cruise through the dramatic Rhine Gorge past the legendary Lorelei rock
- Visit Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum
- Hofburg Palace (Vienna)
- St. Martin’s Cathedral (Bratislava)
- Matthias Coronation Church (Budapest)
- Gypsy Concert (On Board – Budapest)
- Old Town with Concert (Osijek)
- Petrovaradin Fortress (Novi Sad)
- Kalemegdan Fortress (Belgrade)
- Iron Gates Gorge
- Baba Vida Fortress (Vidin)
- Palace of Parliament (Bucharest)
- Optional Dracula’s Castle Extension
- Participate in a cooking class in a 16th-century Umbrian farmhouse.
- Experience a home-cooked meal at one of Umbria's country homes.
- Sample Umbria's most prized wine.
- See Spoleto on a guided walking tour.
- Marvel at the ornate Duomo of Santa Maria Assunta.
- Behold the magnificent Ponte delle Torri, a 13th-century aqueduct.
- Surround yourself in the mystery of the Etruscan hill town of Orvieto.
- Be romanced by Florence, the "Cradle of the Italian Renaissance."
- Explore historic Siena and see the piazza famous for the Palio Horse Race.
- Cruise Map - Explore both sides of fascinating Budapest, experience Vienna’s imperial architecture and gracious culture, and tour riverside towns in Austria’s Wachau Valley.
- Budapest, Hungary - Budapest is aptly called “Paris of the East” for its beautiful evening illumination and reflected lights in the Danube’s waters.
- Vienna, Austria - This capital city of Austria is filled with green parks, elegant stores, theaters and gracious boulevards.
- Melk, Austria - Set amidst an important wine-growing region with picturesque villages and hilltop castles, the charming city of Melk lies at the confluence of the Danube and Melk Rivers at the base of the Wachau Valley.
- Passau, Germany - Set at the confluence of the Inn, Ilz and Danube Rivers, enchanting Passau is home to elegant colored buildings and graceful arcades.
- Nuremberg, Germany - The second largest city in Bavaria, Nuremberg is filled with Gothic churches and traditional half-timbered houses.
- Immerse yourself in the communist past and vibrant present of Bucharest, a city often underrated by travellers
- Travel through the scenic Rila Mountains in Bulgaria, mingling with monks at the 10th-century Rila Monastery
- The village of Gorno Draglishte is home to a rich cultural heritage and a delightful community of welcoming locals. Experience the best of both worlds during a family home-stay (delicious home-cooked dinner included)
- The ancient Roman theatre in Plovdiv’s city centre was only discovered when a landslide uncovered it in the 1970s. Explore the amphitheatre and Plovdiv's other significant sights on a guided walking tour
- London City Tour
- National Museum of Wales
- The Big Pit Museum (Blaenovan)
- Worcester Cathedral
- Ann Hathaway’s Cottage (Stratford-upon-Avon)
- Liverpool City Tour
- Lake District Visit
- Edinburgh City Tour
- Highlands/Loch Lomond Visit
- Give traditional Irish cuisine a modern twist during a cooking class and dinner.
- Experience a traditional English carvery.
- Behold the sights of Killarney on a traditional jaunting car.
- Find inspiration in the Lake District's quintessential English villages.
- Overnight within the medieval walls in York.
- Ponder ancient mysteries at Stonehenge.
- Overnight in the capital cities of London, Cardiff, Dublin and Edinburgh.
- Explore the Roman Bath Museum's 2,000-year-old elaborate spas.
- Relish Italian cuisine on Isola del Pescatori in Italy’s Lago Maggiore.
- Enjoy a wine and cheese pairing at an Italian family farm.
- Delight in dinner and a Mozart concert at the 1,200-year-old St. Peter's Restaurant, central Europe’s oldest.
- Spend two nights in lovely Stresa, located on the banks of picturesque Lago Maggiore.
- Experience the most legendary of Alpine railway journeys: the Glacier Express.
- Explore Salzburg’s historic and charming Old Town – the Altstadt.
- Witness a performance of the Oberammergau Passion Play.
- Soak up the mountain air with two nights in the village of Zermatt.
- Visit Linderhof Palace, one of the most artistic and stylistically complex ensembles of the 19th century.
- Stay in old-school style while supporting a social cause during your time in Vienna. The city’s quirky Magdas Hotel is committed to helping local refugees earn a living through employment.
- Embark on a hike through the lesser known but no less stunning Tatra Mountains in Slovakia. With a range of trails available, you’ll be high above the valley floor admiring the vistas in no time.
- With so much to do and see in Krakow and surrounds, you have the power to choose your own adventure. Wawel Castle? St Mary's Basilica? Auschwitz? Wieliczka Salt Mines? You decide.
- Discover the magical Cesky Krumlov on two wheels with a leader-led cycling tour around town with your small group, passing by medieval buildings, verdant countryside and the flowing Vltava River.
- Get the low-down on Budapest’s classic charm, café culture, and eclectic neighbourhood vibes during your time here. Have you actually been to Budapest if you didn’t go to a ruin bar?
- Enjoy Cochem Walking Tour and Reichsburg Castle
- Explore amazing Paris
- Experience Bamberg bike tour
- Discover Prague
- Get an opportunity on cruising across Rhine Gorge
- See the northern lights dance across the night sky in the Icelandic countryside.
- Explore the icy formations and deep crevasses of Sólheimajökull glacier on a guided hike.
- Walk between the diverging tectonic plates in Þingvellir National Park.
- Unwind in the milky-blue mineral waters of the Blue Lagoon.
- There's a lot more to Iceland than ice (and Bjork). Ford the fjords, glaciers, volcanoes and black sand beaches, and consider adding on a visit to the renowned Blue Lagoon for a soak in the geothermal springs.
- Spend the evening at the quirky farm town of Modrudalur – an isolated settlement and the highest inhabited place in Iceland.
- Walk to the mottled blue, grey and black tongue of Vatnajokull glacier – an ice cap so large it covers eight per cent of the country – and discover the incredible Skogafoss Waterfall.
- Glide past blue-white icebergs on an included boat tour of Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon and soak up the silence of the surrounding grey sand desert.
- Visit tiny villages and take enlightening detour to places like the Hvolsvollur region, where you will participate in a sustainable tree planting activity to contribute to carbon offsetting efforts.
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Europe Experiences
Drinking in the panoramic views while hiking in the Swiss Alps, where all the trails are neatly marked.
Sailing into Budapest at night on a Danube river cruise, with the Hungarian Parliament Building majestically lit up.
Biking alongside the canals in Amsterdam en route to the Anne Frank House or the Rijksmuseum.
Touring the Alhambra in Granada, Spain, one of the finest examples of Moorish architecture.
Visiting the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican to marvel at the work of Michelangelo.
Enjoying the steamy saunas in Finland before jumping straight into a cold body of water to get the juices flowing.
Enjoying a gondola ride in Venice and hearing the sounds of Italian singing through the canals.
Touring the Old Square in Prague
Sipping an aperitif at a café with views of Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris.
Visiting the idyllic Plitvice National Park in Croatia with it's miles of wooden paths through waterfalls and bright blue lakes.
Touring the incredible natural landscapes in Iceland.
Cruising on the Elbe River.
Europe Trip Reviews
23,733 Europe Tour Reviews - Summary 91% Recommend
All Europe tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.5 for all Europe trips.