Family Friendly Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Take a guided walk through the lush lower trails of Kinabalu National Park and witness Mt Kinabalu in all its glory at dawn.
- Stay overnight among the birds and beasts of the jungle, right next to an oxbow lake, at Kinabatangan Eco Camp.
- Visit the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre and, if you're lucky, watch baby orangutans learn to swing in a special enclosure.
- Enjoy a special opportunity to watch protected turtle hatchlings scatter across the beach to the water under the cover of night.
- Swim, snorkel and stroll along the sandy beaches of Dinawan Island on an included family day trip to this island paradise.
- Get a load of Victoria Falls, an amazing thundering spectacle. Optional activities for those arriving early include white water rafting, canoeing and flying fox rides
- Go wildlife-spotting along the river at Chobe National Park, home of the world's highest concentration of African elephants
- Enjoy some truly unique accommodation in Elephant Sands. Greet elephants as they come to drink from the pool!
- Get familiar with the fine art of 'poling' as you and your family ride a traditional dugout canoe through the waterways of the Okavango Delta
- Camping on a remote island in the heart of the Okavango wilderness is an experience you and your family will never forget. As night falls, the sounds of the African bush are like nothing else
- Support local conservation by visiting the Khama Rhino Sanctuary, the only place left in Botswana where both black and white rhinos reside
- Explore sunny Spain from seaside Barcelona to heartland Madrid, enjoying kid-friendly experiences designed to inspire
- Join a local chef to learn how to make some classic Spanish dishes and then enjoy them for lunch on a Culinary Connection
- Take a dramatic cable car ride in Gibraltar for spectacular views
- Visit a traditional Andalusian farm in the midst of a UNESCO Bioreserve and interact with the horses and bulls raised there
- Take part in an exciting scavenger hunt through the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum in Madrid
- Ride in a horse-drawn carriage to an authentic flamenco show for a Musical Connection
- Explore magnificent Alaska as a family, getting to know local people and places and sharing fun, all-ages activities, such as a ride on the Alaska Railroad GoldStar Dome train through untouched wilderness
- Watch for calving glaciers and marine wildlife, such as orcas, humpback whales, sea lions and harbor seals, on a Kenai Fjords cruise
- Watch for wild bears feeding on the shores of Redoubt Bay
- Flight-see over Denali National Park, landing on a glacier at the base of Denali
- Learn about Alaskan huskies and dog sledding at the kennels of four-time Iditarod champion Martin Buser
- Enjoy the company of a dedicated A&K Young Explorers Guide on a visit to Kahiltna Birch Works
- Red Double-Decker Bus Tour: Climb aboard an iconic red double-decker bus for a private tour of London with an elevated view of Westminster Abby and Buckingham Palace.
- High-Speed Private Boat Ride On The River Thames: Feel like a super spy as you jet on the River Thames on a speedboat that would be right at home with Britain's most famous secret agent.
- Windsor Castle Tour And Queen Mary's Doll House: Discover how kings and queens lived during a privately guided visit to Windsor Castle, current home to the British royal family!
- Private Scone-Making Lesson And English Tea: Try your hand at a signature English treat with a scone-making lesson and time for Tea!
- Archery In The English Countryside: Travel through some of England's lush countryside to a beautiful estate located minutes from historic Windsor. Then, take aim and test your skills as an archer.
- The Eiffel Tower: Journey to the top of this 1,063 foot (324 meters) — tall structure and get ready for one of the most magnificent views in Paris — or anywhere in the world!
- Nôtre Dame Cathedral And Louvre Museum: Marvel at the gargoyles of Nôtre Dame Cathedral. Then, as the adults follow a local expert to view some of the world's greatest masterpieces in the Louvre, Junior Adventurers discover famous art works on an interactive scavenger hunt.
- Biking In Versailles: Explore the city by pedaling along the picturesque streets of Versa
- Experience the best of northern Tanzania while staying in classic, family-friendly safari lodges and a luxurious tented safari camp, all set amid landscapes teeming with wildlife
- Enjoy the services of a dedicated Young Explorers Guide, who travels with the group and organizes activities for all age levels
- Ride a tuk-tuk through a Tanzanian village, then set out on a family treasure hunt through its market for an authentic opportunity to interact with the locals
- Take part in a cooking demonstration of local dishes with the chance to sample the results
- Visit a Maasai village, meet with a village elder to learn about the traditions of this nomadic people and experience an artisan visit with a beadwork demonstration
- Explore glorious iconic cities while diving into kid-friendly fun, connecting the whole family to Italy at its most authentic
- Spar like a Roman gladiator in a mock combat training session
- Take a pizza-making lesson and enjoy the fruits of your labor with a classic Italian Culinary Connection
- Board a train to visit the Cinque Terre villages along the coast
- Visit a family-owned balsamic vinegar factory, sampling this local favorite before enjoying a farmhouse lunch
- Attend a master class in mask painting, creating your own Venetian carnival mask as part of an Artisan Connection
- Encounter roaring lions and magnificent zebra in the famous Serengeti National Park as our small safari vehicles get you close to the action in this spectacular wildlife arena.
- Experience the thrill of camping among nature and drift off to sleep to the sounds of the African night.
- Meet some Maasai Mamas (the name for women artisans in Tanzania) and learn about their village life, including how to prepare a local Swahili dish.
- Take a mind-blowing safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater for a chance to see the endangered black rhinoceros.
- Accompanied by a local crew – a leader, driver and cook – you and your family are in excellent hands for the duration of your adventure.
- Spend a day on the Mediterranean Sea on a private boat, visiting small islands and swimming in the crystal waters.
- Take part in a Turkish meze cooking class with food that you’ve picked yourself, ready to return home with a host of new dishes for family dinners.
- The kids will love learning about how turtles are rehabilitated at a dedicated Sea Turtle rescue centre.
- Enjoy family time on Oludeniz Beach, a world-famous lagoon that is often listed among the top beaches in the world.
- Spend an evening camped in the Sahara, surrounded by windswept dunes under a thousand (more or less) stars.
- Whether travelling by train, bus or camel, there's always something to see in this fascinating country.
- Enjoy exploring the famous cities of Fes and Marrakech during both guided tours and plenty of free time as a family.
- Morocco’s sights, sounds and flavours never fail to surprise, from ancient Roman ruins to the rocky Atlas Mountains to the bustling city medinas.
- Venture into the incredible Masai Mara National Reserve for a full-day game drive
- Make friends with warriors of the Maasai tribe around the camp fire; they'll be on guard for lions while you and your family camp overnight
- Get a taste of Nairobi, an exciting, cosmopolitan city of sterling restaurants, cafes and museums
- Keep your eyes peeled for black and white rhinos on an adventure through Lake Nakuru National Park
- Encounter colourful birds and herds of zebra on a walk around Crater Lake
- You and your family will be in excellent hands for the duration of your trip, travelling with a crew of three experienced locals – a leader, driver and cook
- Morocco is a real feast for the senses. Sip sweet mint tea in rural villages, see goats climbing trees in the desert, and tap your foot to traditional Berber musicians in Marrakech
- Adventure into the Atlas Mountains and stay with a berber family for an insight into traditional Moroccan life.
- With French, Portuguese and Jewish influences, Essaouira is about as exotic as it gets. Feast on fresh-caught seafood, explore unique art galleries and be dazzled by a blue-specked townscape
- Witness the magnificent rolling waves of the Atlantic ocean from the back of a camel
- Dodge the donkeys, discover the dye pits and embrace the smell of spices as you navigate the mystical alleyways of Fes under the guidance of your expert leader.
- Share a cup of sweet mint tea with Berbers and enjoy a local lunch in a mudbrick kasbah as you explore the unchanged culture and stunning scenery of Todra Gorge.
- Ride a camel over windswept sand dunes at sunset and spend an evening camped under the Sahara’s starry night sky.
- Witness Morocco’s changing landscapes from the comfort of your private minivan – from fertile valleys and lush pine forests to ancient kasbah ruins and the rocky Atlas Mountains.
- Enjoy all the benefits of a knowledgeable guide, whilst enjoying plenty of free time as a family to relax, swim and explore at your own pace.
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Family Friendly Experiences
Stopping at Terres d’Amanares, and trying zip lining
Visiting numerous waterholes in Etosha National Park to spot wildlife
Watching the kids participate in scavenger hunts and hands-on lessons
Spotting humpback whales at Point Adolphus
Visiting Sepilok Orangutan Centre to see Orangutan
Swimming and snorkeling in Gocek’s clean waters
Family Friendly Trip Reviews
All Family Friendly tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 0.0 for all Family Friendly trips.