Indonesia Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
- Escape the tourist hordes and cycle through the island's heart, from the green hills of Ubud to the laidback beach towns of Lovina and Sanur.
- Cycling’s not the only activity on offer. Take the chance to hike up Mt Batur, visit hidden caves, soak in hot springs, and enjoy some watersports on the coast
- As well as beautiful temples, visit less-known villages such as Trunyan, whose astounding burial tradition makes use of a mysterious ‘magic tree’
- Feast on the most authentic Balinese cuisine, prepared lovingly by unsung kitchen masters such as Lovina’s Bu Wayan
- Relax and unwind on the unique black sand beaches of Lovina, the perfect place to rest your bones after a few days on the bike
- Visit a selection of remote and seldom visited islands – not only rinca and satonda islands, but little gems such as banta island, whose beaches are usually totally deserted.
- Make the most of magnificent snorkelling opportunities, keeping your eyes peeled for tropical fish and indonesia’s famous sea turtles.
- Escape the tourists of komodo island by visiting rinca island, where komodo dragon-spotting is a much more natural experience.
- Unwind with a dip in satonda island’s incredible crater lake – just one of many superb natural wonders to be found in this wondrous archipelago.
- As well as visiting senggigi beach, witness the age-old traditional of indonesian sarong weaving and take a hike to see rural life unfold along the rice fields.
- Explore Bali
- Visit Tanah Lot sea temple
- Enjoy a traditional Ramayana Ballet Performance
- Borobudur at Sunrise
- Visit Wat Trimitr & Wat Po Buddhist Temples (Bangkok)
- Join an optional excursion to the colorful Damnoen Saduak floating market
- See exotic orchids and rare flowers in Singapore's Botanical Gardens
- Visit the Elephant Cave (Bali)
- Enjoy the spectacular city view from Victoria Peak (Hong Kong)
- Visit Aberdeen Floating Fishing Village (Hong Kong)
- Panoramic London City Tour
- Windsor Castle (London)
- Great Pyramids & Sphinx of Giza
- Egyptian Museum
- Buddhist Temples (Bangkok)
- Optional Floating Market (Bangkok)
- Tanah Lot (Bali)
- Bali Herbal & Nature Walk
- Sydney Harbor Lunch Cruise
- Featherdale Wildlife Park
- Explore Fiji
- Garden of Sleeping Giant (Fiji)
- This trip will immerse you in Balinese culture – you'll eat street food, meet songket weavers, witness a traditional Kecak dance performance and visit a Hindu-Buddhist island temple.
- A guided hike to the summit of Mt Batur will provide you with dazzling sunrise vistas that stretch across the Lombok Strait, all the way over to the peaks of Mt Rinjani.
- The lovely, peaceful village of Sidemen is nestled in the lush Balinese hills. This is the perfect place to escape the tourists, and the heat!
- Ubud is the artistic and cultural heart of Bali, enjoy a guided walk through the lush green surrounds and gain an insight into daily village life.
- With hiking, cycling and snorkelling, this trip is steeped in outdoor activities. But there's also plenty of time to relax – bathe in hot springs or laze on the beach
- Learn how to make a Balinese blessing and understand it's importance to the Balinese people.
- Embark on a cycling trip through the backcountry of Yogyakarta. A world of flower-studded fields and smiling locals, this cultural centre is one of South East Asia’s standout destinations.
- Take a guided walk through the jungle and rice paddies of Seloliman Nature Reserve, then sit back, relax and soak up the ambience under the stars as a small group.
- Climbing Mt Bromo in the early hours of the morning is an adventure to remember. If the conditions are right, you'll be rewarded with a dazzling view over mist-laden volcanoes.
- Get behind the scenes of some of Java's fascinating local industries – from coffee, cocoa and palm sugar to traditional Javanese medicine of jamu.
- Balance out all of the activity and adventure with plenty of time to chill out away from the crowds at beachside paradise of Pemuteran on Bali’s less-visited north coast.
- Float in the ocean, bake on the beach, and conquer a volcano: the island landscapes of Bali and Gili are epic.
- Let a local show you their favourite dishes, from nasi campur to burbur, during a street food tasting in Seminyak. We know you didn’t come all the way to Bali to eat spaghetti.
- Make like a sponge and soak up every drop of Ubud's relaxed atmosphere. A walk among the bright green rice fields is as Bali as it gets.
- There's nothing like waking up at 3 am to climb a mountain, eh? Watching the sunrise from active volcano Mt Batur is worth every minute of sleep you lose.
- Your leader will reveal the best of Gili Trawangan on a two-wheeled tour of the island, giving you insider info on the island that includes the snorkelling and the social scene.
- With an extraordinary biodiversity, Raja Ampat is one of the few places on the planet where you will see such a wide range of marine life in their natural habitat
- Located in the great Coral Triangle between the Indian and Pacific oceans, Raja Ampat offers a snorkelling experience like no other. We’re talking views on par with those of a diver's
- The reefs of Raja Ampat are in a perfect condition, with many giant corals, purple corals, and sea squirts, hard coral tables, deer antler corals, green and brown moose antler corals
- The people of Raja Ampat are lovely and welcoming, not to mention model conservationists and artisans. Join them in their culture for a day at the delightful Arborek Tourist Village
- Half the fun of this trip is the boat you’ll be sailing in - in the style of a traditional Melanesian outrigger
- Enjoy a mixture of adventurous activities, from snorkelling to hiking to rafting – perfect for those families who love to get their pulse going
- Discover a bird's eye view of nature from a flying fox in Ubud
- Take an exhilarating white water raft on the Ayung River, taking in beautiful backdrops of rainforests, gorges and rice paddies along the way
- Snorkel in the clear blue waters off the shore of a small village
- Round out a big adventure with a visit to Seminyak, a superb hub for shopping and upmarket relaxation by the beach.
- Discover a different side of Kuala Lumpur – away from the skyscrapers – on a half-day street food tour through the alleyways, uncovering flavours you need to be a local to know.
- Dive into a nature lover’s paradise at Khao Sok National Park, exploring, hiking, relaxing, and cruising by longtail boat on a limestone cliff-circled lake.
- Find a slice of paradise on an included sea kayaking trip through the stunning inlets, caves and hidden lagoons of the Ao Thalane mangrove forests.
- Climbing Mt Bromo in the early hours of the morning is an adventure to remember. If the conditions are right, you'll be rewarded with a dazzling sunset over mist-laden volcanoes.
- Get behind the scenes of some of Java's fascinating local industries – from coffee, cocoa and palm sugar to traditional Javanese medicine.
- Gunung Leuser National Park is your best chance in Indonesia to see orangutans in the wild. Hike through the jungle, home to some 300 bird species and the endangered Sumatran tiger, on a small-group camping experience.
- Begin and end your adventure in Sumatra’s largest city: Medan. Explore the mix of Asian cultures in the city, noticeable in its colourful architecture and delicious mix of food.
- Let your knowledgeable group leader guide you through the thickets of the jungle, past small cultural villages, and to the best places to eat around northern Sumatra.
- Climb the Sibayak Volcano to enjoy panoramic views at its spectacular summit, then head to local hot springs for some well-earned rest and relaxation after the descent.
- Explore Lake Toba and the villages on Samosir Island. Check out Indonesia’s highest waterfall and a take a cultural tour that includes a traditional Batak dance performance.
- Enjoy a mixture of adventurous activities, from snorkelling to hiking to rafting – perfect for those who love to get their pulse going
- Get well away from the tourist trail in Eastern Bali, visiting lesser-known temples and villages of Tenganan Village and Pura Luhur Lempuyang. These are golden opportunities to learn about Balinese culture
- Hike through lush forests and climb to the rim of Mt Rinjani, where spectacular views of the crater reward your efforts on this challenging day-trek
- Relax and unwind on pristine beaches in Amed and Gili Air, the perfect places to rest your bones after hiking
- Swim with colourful marine life and sea turtles on a snorkelling trip around the islands at Gili Air
- Cycling is a great way to get out and see the landscape and meet the locals. Enjoy cycling trips out of Yogyakarta and Ubud through the backcountry, a world of flower-studded fields or rice paddies, and smiling locals
- Take a guided walk through the jungle and rice paddies of Seloliman Nature Reserve, then sit back, relax and soak up the ambience under the stars
- Conquer two mountains! Climbing Mt Bromo and Mt Batur in the early hours of the morning. If the conditions are right, you'll be rewarded with a dazzling sunrise views
- With hiking, cycling and snorkelling, this trip is steeped in outdoor activities. But there's also plenty of time to relax – bathe in hot springs, laze on beach in Bali, or stroll around the villages we visit
- Gain an insight into the culture of two very distinct Indonesian islands
- Stay on the often-overlooked east coast of Lombok with some time spent in Labuan Pandan, taking a snorkelling trip, and enjoying a secluded island lunch and sumptuous seafood barbecue dinner.
- Support the island’s communities during your time in Senaru by embarking on a tour run by passionate local women who are developing skills in tourism.
- Explore Lombok by visiting the Masbagik pottery village, Tetebatu and Senaru, which will all give you a true insight into local customs and culture – as well as the delicious local food – of the island.
- The Gili Islands may just be some of the most stunning stretches of sand you’ve come across. Relax on the shores of Gili Air, taking the day at your own pace – swimming, snorkelling, eating and repeating.
- Begin your island jaunt with a night in Sanur on Bali’s east coast. This beachside haven has all of the ingredients for a relaxing stay, so why not consider extending your time here before your Lombok adventure?
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Indonesia Experiences
Trekking through the jungles of Borneo to watch wild orangutans during a Tanjung Putting National Park river cruise.
Riding a motorbike through the glittering rice fields of Bali’s rural villages.
Rising just before the sun to climb to the top of Borobodur- the largest Buddhist temple in the world- and watch the sunrise over the rice fields and volcanic peaks of Central Java.
Watching traditional Javanese dancers perform the evening Ramayana Ballet against the dramatic backdrop of Prambanan, a 9th century Hindu temple.
Healing your mind, body, and spirit in the holy waters of Tirta Empul Temple.
Snorkeling around the reefs of Menjangan Island, swimming through many different schools of fish.
Listening to the eerie and mesmerizing sounds of the gamelan orchestra echo through the temple as gilded dancers perform.
Touring Yogyakarta in a becak (Indonesian pedicab) to see the lively street action up close and personal.
Bargaining in the markets for the best price on artists’ handmade wood carvings, colorful batiks, and silver jewelry.
Relaxing on one of Bali’s many pristine beaches with a long massage.
Indonesia Trip Reviews
428 Indonesia Tour Reviews - Summary 98% Recommend
All Indonesia tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.8 for all Indonesia trips.