Real Argentina to Brazil
- Soak up the sights of Buenos Aires – explore the historic city centre, sample Argentinian BBQ and watch the city turn into a nightlife hotspot.
- Spend two nights at a working estancia (farm) in Uruguay, where you can spend your time getting involved in farm work, learning about gauchos, riding horses or simply relaxing in the sun.
- The mighty Iguazu Falls straddles the border between Argentina and Brazil, and you’ll cross the border to see its incredible cascades from both sides.
- You’ll have plenty of time to choose your own adventure at Ilha Grande with a full day on the island. If hiking, boating, kayaking or lazing on a beach is your thing, you’ll be well and truly covered.
- Finish off your travels in the bright lights of Rio de Janeiro – a unique combination of city, beach and mountains famed for its party scene and rhythmic music.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Gastromotiva. Donations provide job training for vulnerable youth in Rio De Janeiro and promote the importance of sustainable cooking.
What's this trip about?
- Buenos Aires - Leader-led orientation walk
- Tacuarembo - 2-Night Stay on a Working Estancia
- Tacuarembo - 2-Night Stay on a Working Estancia
- Iguazu Falls - Tour of the Brazilian side of the falls
- Iguazu Falls - Tour of the Argentinian side of the falls
- Rio de Janeiro - Cinelandia
- Rio de Janeiro - Selaron Stairs
- Rio de Janeiro - Ruins Park
- Rio de Janeiro - Orientation Walk of Santa Teresa via the Lapa Aqueduct
Bienvenidos! Welcome to Argentina. Your adventure begins with an orientation walk around Buenos Aires’ Microcentrodistrict at 1 pm. Your leader will be waiting in the lobby of your joining point hotel. Get your bearings around your accommodation and see a couple of si...
Today is a free day in Buenos Aires. You can spend the day how you like and tick off all the best photo ops or talk to your leader for some fun ideas. If you love art, maybe hang out in La Boca, home to the colourful Caminito artists’ street, or wander the Teatro Colo...
Today cross the Rio de la Plata (River Plate) to Colonia del Sacramento by ferry. Enjoy free time to explore this charming colonial city, known as the oldest in Uruguay. The World Heritage-listed Barrio Historico (Old Quarter) is a great place to start. Stroll down th...
Enjoy a free day to wander through Montevideo. Your leader will be on hand to provide suggestions for how to spend your day, or feel free to set out on your own adventure. You might go for a wander along the Rambla and soak in the fresh coastal air, brush up on your U...
Leaving Montevideo behind, take a bus journey to Tacuarembo. The bus has reclining seats, but as the bus doesn’t stop it's also recommended that you bring some extra snacks at your own expense. From Tacuarembo, take a transfer to the estancia (ranch), where you’ll be ...
Spend a day experiencing life on a working Uruguayan farm! Although you’re welcome to relax and explore your surroundings at your leisure, you can also get involved with day-to-day jobs around the ranch. As a working farm, the digs aren’t fancy, but the incredible sur...
Spend a final morning taking in the gorgeous views across the estancia. Enjoy your final home-cooked meal together and say goodbye to your hosts, sharing the memories of your stay over lunch. This afternoon, you'll depart for a long travel day, so make sure you have s...
Arrive at Puerto Iguazu bus station this morning, then take a minivan across the border into Brazil. Depending on traffic, this should take about an hour. Your destination is Iguazu National Park, home of the majestic Foz do Iguacu/Iguazu Falls. This UNESCO World Heri...
Return to Argentina today to see Iguazu Falls from a different angle. Following a series of boardwalks, it’s possible to get so close to the thundering waters that you can almost touch them. At over two kilometres long, Iguazu Falls are made up of over 270 separate ca...
Take an included flight to Sao Paulo, then board a transfer to Paraty. After arriving, take the rest of the day to explore your new surroundings. Admire the architecture as you wander along the town’s cobbled, pedestrian-only streets, which become partly covered in se...
Spend the morning relaxing in Paraty, or maybe head out on a trek to Camino del Oro to take in some incredible views of the region's natural surroundings. Then head to Angra before taking a ferry to the island getaway of Ilha Grande – a paradise of pristine beaches an...
Rise and shine for a morning in paradise – you have a free day in Ilha Grande today. Maybe wander along rainforest trails to some remote beaches – Lopes Mendes and Aventureiro Beach are two of the best. You could book yourself in on an optional boat trip out to the Bl...
Bid farewell to Ilha Grande as you board a boat to the small port of Mangaratiba, before travelling to Rio de Janeiro. Home to one of the seven wonders, Rio has lots of day trip opportunities if you have the time. Settle into your accommodation, then head out with you...
With no activities planned for today, you are free to leave the accommodation at any time. That doesn’t mean your adventure has to come to an end! If you would like to continue soaking up the sun in Rio, just speak to your booking agent. If you have the time, today yo...
Your trip, your way, planned by an expert:
- You choose budget, destinations, activities, transport & lodging type
- Expert designs the itinerary for you, and once approved, takes care of logistics
Check Current Availability, prices, specials with Intrepid Travel.
The total tour cost includes the tour price (regular or promotional) and the compulsory local payment. The promotional price is subject to change. Check directly with the operator for the latest price offer. The tour operator requires you to pay only the tour price to purchase your travel. The compulsory local payment will be paid when you join the trip. All prices are based on double, twin or triple share occupancy. Solo passengers will be accommodated in a double, twin or triple room according to availability with a passenger(s) of the same gender. Single supplement only needs to be paid if the passenger does not want to share and requests their own room. Discounts can only be applied at the time of booking and cannot be added at a later date, regardless of any changes made to the original booking.
Prices may vary due to local taxes and trip seasonality. Click "Request Info" to inquire directly with the tour operator for the final trip price.
We joined the Intrepid “Real Italy Food…
We joined the Intrepid “Real Italy Food Tour” and enjoyed it thoroughly. Our tour guide, Micol, was very knowledgeable and provided us with lots of good information....
Central Asia Explorer
This was my third trip with Intrepid, and I'll continue to plan future trips with them. I choose Intrepid to travel to parts of the world where I don't feel comforta...
The Intrepid Travel Experience
If you’re looking for adventure, you’ve come to the right place. For the past 25 years, we’ve been taking small groups of travelers on unforgettable trips around the world. What makes them unforgettable? Take a look for yourself and discover the Intrepid experience.
Our travelers have three styles of tour to choose from: Basix, Original and Comfort. Each has a different level of inclusions and accommodation, but all have unforgettable real life experiences as part of the package. Travellers can also choose themed trips, such as Family, Sailing or Food, to suit their interests.
Our group size has an average of just ten travellers, which allows us to get off the beaten track, use local accommodation and transport, and really get to know the culture. It also ensures we are contributing to the local economy; by choosing local suppliers we were able to keep AUD 60 million in local economies in 2012. We’re also working hard to reduce our carbon footprint and were the first in our sector to introduce carbon offset trips. This, along with our many corporate sustainability activities, has meant we’re one of the travel industry’s leaders in responsible travel.
- Small groups - average of 10 people per trip
- Sustainability - pioneers for the industry
- Local leaders - authentic perspectives
- Local transport - get close and personal
- Local accommodation - experience real living
- Intrepid travelers - like-minded companions
Intrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of The Intrepid Group, taking over 100,000 travelers every year.
Intrepid Travel is part of The Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Urban Adventures and PEAK DMC.
Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning.
On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:
- Integrity – Doing the right thing
- Responsible – Think global, act local
- Growth – Stakeholders in our own success
- Innovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing change
- Fun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we do
- Passion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
Find your perfect trip
Transportation & Flights
Transportation & flights
- Save up to $700 per person
- Access members-only specials
- Personalize trip recommendations