France Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- City Tour of Paris – Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe & more!
- Monet’s House & Gardens (Giverny)
- Versailles Optional Excursion
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame (Rouen)
- Mont St. Michel (Normandy)
- Normandy Beaches
- Normandy American Cemetery
- Chateau de Chambord (Loire Valley)
- Chateau Villandry (Loire Valley)
- Chateau Chenonceau (Loire Valley)
- Wine Tasting (Civray de Touraine)
- Cezanne Studio (Aix-en-Provence)
- Palais des Papes (Avignon)
- Calanques Cruise (Cassis)
- Monte Carlo Optional Excursion
- Grasse & St. Paul de Vence Optional Excursion
- WALKING TOUR in Paris with a Local Specialist
- SMALL GROUP SIGHTSEEING enjoy an in-depth, intimate guided tour of the fascinating Louvre Museum in a group size of no more than 25 guests.
- ORIENTATION tour in Paris
- VISIT the Royal Estate of Versailles including the Royal Palace, Petit Trianon and Marie Antoinette's Hamlet "Le Petit Hameau" and the "village" of Montmartre
- VIEW the Eiffel Tower, Champs Élysées, Paris Opera House, Arc de Triomphe, Place de la Concorde and Notre Dame Cathedral
- Dine at a traditional bouchon where you will sample Lyon's cuisine.
- Delight in a tour and tasting at a local winery.
- Enjoy a delightful dinner at a traditional French restaurant.
- Enjoy a relaxing cruise along the River Seine and drift past famous landmarks.
- Travel back in history when you stand before the impressive UNESCO Bayeux Tapestry.
- Learn the secrets of perfume making in Grasse, the perfume capital of the world.
- Discover Avignon and enjoy free time to explore.
- Ponder history at Normandy's Memorial Peace Museum and Omaha Beach Cemetery.
- Explore Monaco and take in the Casino of Monte Carlo and the Cathedral of Monaco.
- Indulge in the wines of Bordeaux, Saint-Émilion and Dordogne Valley.
- Revel in a wine-paired, multi-course dinner.
- Savor farm tastings throughout the French countryside.
- Uncover the medieval city of Saint-Émilion.
- Hunt for truffles with a local chef and his truffle-sniffing dogs.
- ATTEND MASS in Lourdes, Santiago de Compostela and Fátima
- CITY TOUR in Barcelona, Carcassonne, Lourdes, Burgos, Santiago de Compostela and Lisbon
- VISIT La Sagrada Família in Barcelona, the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes, Burgos Cathedral, St. James Cathedral in Santiago, the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima and the Hieronymites Monastery in Lisbon
- VIEW the Plaça de Catalunya in Barcelona, the medieval city walls of Carcassonne, the Monument to Discoveries and the Belem Tower in Lisbon
- Visit the World War II Peace Memorial Museum
- Visit the famed Sacre Coeur Basilica, with its dramatic perch on the top of the Montmartre hill.
- Enjoy cruising on Seine River
- Explore the sleepy village of Les Andelys
- Enjoy views of Chateau Gaillard, an imposing fortress from the era of Richard the Lionhearted
- Visit Rouen's wonderful Gothic Notre Dame Cathedral
- Visit the Benedictine Order Castle at Fecamp and savor a taste of the famous Benedictine liqueur
- Visit the Battery at Longues Sur Mer
- Experience the sublime Lacets de Montvernier – often described as one of the most beautiful roads in professional cycling
- Tackle the 21 hairpins of the Alpe d'Huez, the most famous climb known to the world of two wheels
- Ascend the Col du Galibier, the ultra-high mountain route once described by Tour de France champion Andy Schleck as ‘like riding into the sky’
- Cycle in the midst of towering snow-capped massifs, postcard-perfect lakes, and meadows dotted with shepherd’s stone huts – not to mention the strange wind-carved rocks of the Col d'Izoard
- Ride at your own pace in some of the most stunning scenery in cycling
- Experience the lush landscape of the Black Forest region
- Explore Holland’s famous windmills and waterworks and take part in the inviting nightlife in Rüdesheim’s Drosselgasse.
- Set at the confluence of the Rhine and Moselle Rivers
- Experience walking Tour of Amsterdam
- You’ll visit major highlights of Anne Frank’s House (Amsterdam)
- Visit Haymarket (Cologne)
- Visit Jewish Baths (Cologne)
- Visit Gothic Cologne Cathedral (Der Kölner Dom)
- Walking Tour of Old Town (Koblenz)
- See the fabulous St. Castor’s Basilica (Koblenz)
- Schängel Fountain (Koblenz)
- Mannheim Palace
- Walking Tour of Strasbourg
- CITY TOUR in London and Paris
- ORIENTATION of Bath and Windsor
- VISIT the Roman Baths in Bath, Stonehenge, St. Severin Church in Paris and the Palace of Versailles
- VIEW the Eiffel Tower, the Champs Élysées, Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame Cathedral
- SEE Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace and the White Cliffs of Dover
- ORIENTATION of Paris, Avignon, Nice, Monaco and Arles
- VISIT Saint-Sulpice Church in Paris, Château de Chenonceau in the Loire Valley and the Dalí Theatre and Museum in Figueres
- VIEW the Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, Chartres Cathedral, Château de Chambord, the Papal Palace of Avignon, the Promenade des Anglais and Place Masséna in Nice, Monaco's Royal Palace and Cathedral, the Roman Amphitheatre of Arles and the La Sagrada Família and Columbus Monument in Barcelona
- SCENIC DRIVE through the Loire Valley
- ORIENTATION of Bath and Windsor
- SEE Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace and the White Cliffs of Dover
- SIGHTSEEING TOUR with a Local Specialist in London and Paris
- VIEW the Eiffel Tower, the Champs Élysées, the Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame Cathedral
- VISIT the Roman Baths in Bath, Stonehenge and the Palace of Versailles
- ORIENTATION of Amsterdam and Lucerne
- VISIT the Rhine Falls in Schaffhausen
- VIEW the Lion Monument and the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne, the Champs Élysées, the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris and the White Cliffs of Dover
- SEE the Lorelei Rock and Vineyards of Burgundy
- SCENIC CRUISE along the canals of Amsterdam and the Rhine River
- SMALL GROUP SIGHTSEEING enjoy a guided walking tour through the historic inner city of Dubrovnik with a group size of no more than 25 guests.
- ORIENTATION of Amsterdam, Heidelberg, Munich, Kalambaka, Innsbruck, Venice and Lucerne
- VISIT the Temple of Apollo in Delphi, Acropolis in Athens, excavations in Pompeii and the Sistine Chapel, the Colosseum and St. Peter's Basilica in Rome
- VIEW the White Cliffs of Dover, the battle site of Thermopylae, the Abbey at Monte Cassino and the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- SEE the Lorelei Rock, the Vineyards of Burgundy and Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi
- SCENIC CRUISE through Amsterdam's canals and along the Rhine River
- Savor an exclusive dinner at the Eiffel Tower, featuring delicious cuisine and breathtaking views.
- Immerse yourself in Parisian culture with a dinner at the city’s oldest cabaret theatre.
- Cruise along the Seine against a backdrop of Paris' glittering skyline.
- Take advantage of a full day of leisure in both Paris and London.
- Get to know the amazing landmarks of Paris such as the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs-Elysées.
- Cross the English Channel aboard the Eurostar Train.
- Embark on a tour of London with a local expert.
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top France Experiences
Enjoying a glass of wine on a Rhone River cruise while watching the French countryside glide by
Trekking through the Pyrenees to the Spanish border for incredible mountain views
Visiting the beaches of Normandy, stormed by Allied troops in World War II
Biking through Bordeaux or Burgundy and stopping to taste the vintages at a centuries old winery
Exploring the quaint region of Provence
France Trip Reviews
2,503 France Tour Reviews - Summary 80% Recommend
All France tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.1 for all France trips.