Mediterranean Sea Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- The Prince Of Monaco's Palace Tour: Visit Monaco, playground of the rich and famous, for a tour of the opulent palace where film star Grace Kelly once resided.
- Highlights Of Rome: Take a private tour of Rome's most famous landmarks, including the Colosseum, Forum, Trevi Fountain, as well as the Vatican City Museum and Sistine Chapel.
- Private Boat To Island Of Capri: On a day trip to the Island of Capri, cruise around the isle on a private boat and swim in the Mediterranean waters. It's an afternoon in paradise.
- Gelato-Making Experience In Florence: Get a behind-the-scenes tour of the Grom Gelateria! You'll learn how this yummy treat is created and have the opportunity to sample some flavors.
- Pizza-Making At A Family Farm: See how to press olive oil, make mozzarella cheese and harvest fruit at Agriturismo La Galatea Farm in Sorrento. Afterwards, enjoy a private pizza-making session with the chefs.
- Ply the waters of the Aegean, Ionian and Adriatic seas under sail like the ancients
- Step back in history at four UNESCO World Heritage sites, including the evocative ruins of Olympia, Greece and Albania’s historic city of Butrint
- Skim across Montenegro’s Gulf of Kotor to our Lady of The Rocks, a tiny islet formed of sunken fishing boats
- Spend a day among the marble-paved lanes and ramparts of Dubrovnik’s Old Town
- Enjoy serene views of the Mediterranean as you make your way from island to island by ferry boat.
- Sample the flavors of Greece - from locally-produced cheeses to olive oil made from the island's olive groves.
- Hike up to the Acropolis in Athens and be rewarded with unsurpassed views of the city.
- Consider paying a visit to the marble quarries of Paros, from which the Venus de Milo and Napoleon's tomb were made!
- Unwind at one of the country's many breathtaking beaches; Crete's pink sand beaches are the perfect photo op!
- Explore the nicest parts of Nice with the freedom a rental car offers.
- Get to know the French Riviera on a tour from Menton to Saint-Raphaël, and from the Mediterranean coast to the peaks of Mercantour.
- Take a step past Nice on a tour that offers amazing opportunities through glamorous Monaco, high-energy Monte Carlo, and medieval Eze.
- Take a wine-tasting tour that teaches you about wine and brings you through distilleries.
- Indulge in shopping, beach-front lounging, and decadent wines.
- Experience the Rioja wine region where you will get a real taste of the local flavor.
- Enjoy the perfect balance of guided tours and free time on your own in each city.
- See a little bit of everything: lush landscapes, pristine beaches, and vibrant cities.
- Discover the history and beauty that lives in Madrid from the Royal Palace to the Tapas bars!
- Visit the Marques de Riscal Winery and the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, both designed by world-famous architect Frank O. Gehry.
- Get a glimpse inside psychedelic architect Antoni Gaudí's mind with a visit to the breathtaking Sagrada Familia or whimsical Park Güell.
- Sample and savor authentic Spanish culture by visiting a tapas bar or two.
- Take a few hours to enjoy the unique beaches in Barcelona, where you can relax and get some vacation sun!
- Enjoy a magnificent water show at the famous magic fountain, where you'll be treated to a performance of music and color.
- After a day of exploring, unwind in luxury at your accommodation.
- Explore Madrid's La Latina neighborhood, known for its overabundance of tapas bars!
- Take the perfect selfie in front of the whimsical buildings at Park Güell.
- Explore remnants of ancient Roman rule in Barcelona's Gothic Quarter.
- In Barcelona, explore the eclectic works of Gaudí during the day, then unwind at one of the city's many beaches in the evening.
- Lisbon is known for its elaborately-painted tiles. Head to the National Azulejo Museum to see some of the most amazing tile work in the world!
- Lisbon : Welcome dinner; guided sightseeing, visit the Alfama quarter and Jeronimos Monastery
- Fatima : Visit the Sanctuary of Our Lady of the Rosary
- Oporto : Guided sightseeing, visit the Arabian Hall in the Stock Exchange; Port wine tasting at Sandeman & Co.
- Vigo : Walking tour
- La toja island: Enjoy a coffee and the spectacular view at the Gran Hotel La Toja and admire the shell-covered church
- Santiago de compostela: Dinner with wine at a local restaurant; guided sightseeing, visit the cathedral
- Luarca : Stop in this pretty fishing village with its white houses
- Oviedo : Guided sightseeing, visit the Cathedral of San Salvador and enjoy a cider tasting SANTANDER
- Bilbao : Guided visit of the Guggenheim Museum
- San sebastian: Guided walking tour of the Old Quarter
- Pamplona : Walk through the Calle Estafeta, followed by lunch with traditional tapas and Rioja wine at Basaburua restaurant
- Saragossa : Visit Plaza de Pilar
- Barcelona : Guided sightseeing; visit the Sagrada Familia Basilica, panoramic view from Montjuïc Hill; farewell dinner at La Fonda del Port Olimpic restaurant
- Explore the coastline of Portugal and Northern Spain on this fascinating vacation
- In Portugal, you'll overnight in Lisbon and Oporto, and enjoy guided sightseeing in both cities, including the Jeronimos Monastery in Lisbon, dating back to the 16th century, and in Oporto, the Arabian Hall in the Stock Exchange, which was inspired by Granada’s Alhambra
- London–paris: By high-speed Eurostar train
- Paris : Enjoy a Seine cruise; guided sightseeing, visit the Fragonard Museum
- Lucerne : Walking tour including the Lion Monument and Chapel Bridge
- Bergamo: Dinner at a local restaurant; funicular ride and walk through Bergamo Alta
- Venice : Private boat ride; visit St. Mark’s Square; glassblower demonstration; pasta party at a local restaurant; private water-taxi ride through the Grand Canal
- Florence : Guided walking tour, see the cathedral and Baptistry, and visit Signoria Square
- Rome : Dinner at a local restaurant; guided sightseeing, visit the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Square and Basilica, and the Colosseum
- From its exciting cities to its spectacular scenery, Europe has it all, and on this European tour, you'll see its highlights
- You'll spend one night in London, Lucerne, Bergamo, and Venice, and two nights each in Paris and Rome
- Paris : LF] Welcome dinner at a local restaurant and orientation drive; guided sightseeing including a Seine River cruise
- Lucerne : Walking tour including the Lion Monument and the Chapel Bridge
- Pisa: Marvel at the legendary Leaning Tower
- Florence : Dinner at Finisterrae restaurant; guided sightseeing, visit Michelangelo’s David and Signoria Square
- Rome : Guided sightseeing, visit the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Square and Basilica, and the Colosseum
- Ferrara: Walk through Este Castle to the cathedral
- Venice : Private boat ride; guided walking tour, visit St. Mark’s Square, Doges’ Palace and the Bridge of Sighs; glassblower demonstration
- Innsbruck : Walk through the Old Town to the Golden Roof
- Munich : Orientation, visit Marienplatz and the famous Hofbräuhaus
- Rothenburg : Walking tour of the walled town
- Rhine cruise:
- Amsterdam : Canal cruise with Local Guide; visit a major diamond centerBRUSSELS–LONDON
- Europe—it’s a continent full of different cultures, food specialties, architecture, art, scenery, and histories—and this is the ideal Continental Introduction: experience and see what many of the European countries have to offer
- You’ll spend two nights in Paris, Rome, Venice, Amsterdam, and London and overnights in Lucerne, Lugano, Florence, Munich, and the Rhineland
- Paris: Welcome dinner at a local restaurant; orientation drive
- Reims: Champagne experience with sabrage (saber); visit the cathedral
- Metz: Orientation, visit the cathedral
- Saint-avold: Visit the Lorraine American Cemetery & Memorial
- Strasbourg: Boat cruise and “Little France” district
- Colmar: Enjoy an orientation on the little train including “Little Venice”
- Beaune: Orientation, visit Hôtel Dieu
- Lyon: Walking tour of Old Lyon
- Avignon: Walking tour, take pictures of the Palace of the Popes
- St. remy-de-provence: Visit the St. Paul de Mausole Monastery
- Les baux-de-provence: Enjoy the panoramic view; olive oil tasting
- Marseilles: Orientation, visit the Notre Dame de la Garde Basilica; excursion to Aix-en-Provence; farewell dinner at a local restaurant
- From its beautiful architecture and historical sights to its stunning countryside and famous cuisine, France is a country sure to delight even the most discerning traveler
- This tour through France highlights all of this and more in the Champagne region and the French countryside with overnights in Paris, Metz, Colmar, Lyon, Avignon, and Marseilles
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Mediterranean Sea Experiences
Exploring the scenic French Riviera
Disembarking the cruise to take a ride to spectacular city of Florence
Snorkeling in the amazing blue Mediterranean waters
Taking a history tour and encouneting ancient Roman Ruins and fortified medieval towns
Voyaging through the Strait of Gibraltar and discovering the Spanish archipelago of the Canaries.
Mediterranean Sea Trip Reviews
47 Mediterranean Sea Tour Reviews - Summary 78% Recommend
All Mediterranean Sea cruises, tours, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.1 for all Mediterranean Sea trips.