Mediterranean Sea Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Retreats Similar to a self guided tour but staying in one location only with activities and day outings included as a part of the stay.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
- Athens Sightseeing Tour (with Acropolis)
- Monaco Tour (full-day, from Nice)
- Cairo is a place like no other; a rambling metropolis of sand-beaten colours and ancient wonder. You'll have plenty of time to explore the acclaimed sites and lose yourself in bustle of this fascinating city.
- Bask in the unique atmosphere of Aswan and experience not only the warmth and charm of Nubian hospitality, but also some delicious traditional cuisine on a local homestay.
- Set sail on one of the world’s most iconic rivers with an included felucca trip down the Nile. Relax and soak up the landscapes, as scenes of everyday Egyptian life pass you by.
- Unwind in the vibrant beach resort of Hurghada, perhaps exploring the extraordinary ecosystem and coral reefs off Giftun Island deep in the dazzling Red Sea.
- Uncover one of the greatest cities in antiquity, Alexandria, reborn as Egypt’s alternative capital, and pay your respects at El Alamein – an important World War II battle site.
- Ribera del Duero Winery Visit and Tasting
- San Sebastian Tapas Tour With Dinner
- Spend a whole day uncovering the majesty and mystery of Petra. Follow your local leader down the narrow path of the Siq for your first unforgettable glimpse of the hand-carved Treasury.
- Spend the night at a Bedouin desert camp in Wadi Rum an enjoy a traditional meal, cooked underground and served al fresco beneath a starry sky.
- Set sail on one of the world’s most iconic rivers with an included felucca trip down the Nile. Relax and soak up the landscapes as scenes of everyday Egyptian life pass you by.
- Unwind in the vibrant beach resort of Hurghada and take a day trip to explore the extraordinary ecosystem and coral reefs off Giftun Island.
- Uncover one of the greatest cities in antiquity, Alexandria, reborn as Egypt’s alternative capital, and pay your respects at El Alamein – an important WWII battle site.
- Lisbon : Welcome dinner; guided sightseeing, visit the Alfama quarter and Jeronimos MonasteryFÁTIMA
- Porto : Guided sightseeing, visit the Arabian Hall in the Stock Exchange; Port wine tasting at Sandeman & Co.
- Vigo : Walking tour
- La toja island: Enjoy a coffee and the spectacular view at the Gran Hotel La Toja and admire the shell-covered church
- Santiago de compostela: Dinner with wine at a local restaurant; guided sightseeing, visit the cathedral
- Luarca : Stop in this pretty fishing village with its white houses
- Oviedo : Guided sightseeing, visit the Cathedral of San Salvador and enjoy a cider tasting SANTANDER
- Bilbao : Guided visit of the Guggenheim Museum
- San sebastian: Guided walking tour of the Old Quarter
- Pamplona : Walk through the Calle Estafeta, followed by lunch with traditional tapas and Rioja wine at Basaburua restaurant
- Saragossa : Visit Plaza de Pilar
- Barcelona : Guided sightseeing; visit the Sagrada Familia Basilica, panoramic view from Montjuïc Hill; farewell dinner at La Fonda del Port Olimpic restaurant
- Explore the coastline of Portugal and Northern Spain on this fascinating vacation
- In Portugal, you'll overnight in Lisbon and Porto, and enjoy guided sightseeing in both cities, including a visit to the Jeronimos Monastery in Lisbon, dating back to the 16th century, and in Porto, the Arabian Hall in the Stock Exchange, which was inspired by Granada’s Alhambra
- Chart a course for a treasure trove of Iberian discoveries along the trade routes of the first Portuguese and Spanish explorers... discovering monuments of heroes past
- ancient rock formations and embracing local life at a family vineyard... Set sail for a 13-day Spain and Portugal cruise adventure aboard your Windstar yacht
- view monuments to heroes past in Lisbon at Jeronimo’s Monastery church
- Belém Tower and the Coach Museum or the Maritime Museum. Drive to Sintra for a palace visit and indulge in the village charms of seaside Cascais. Explore the countryside towns and rock formations of Portimão and get a taste of local life at a family owned vineyard. In Spain
- take a sightseeing tour of old Seville
- sizzling with a passionate flamenco performance; experience British traditions and monkeys in Gibraltar; and in Malaga
- sip sherry and sample tapas as you watch a private horse show at a typical Andalucían manor house before exploring the city where Pablo Picasso was born. The Generalife Gardens take your breath away during a full day ashore in Granada and on the island of Palma de Mallorca
- visits to the Cathedral and Bellver Castle share the day with a private Windstar-hosted afternoon in the Old Quarter. A two-night stay in Barcelona bookends this Iberian cruise to introduce you to Catalan cuisine and wow you with a private visit to the Music Palace
- a walk in whimsical Parc Güell
- and an opportunity to view the fantastical images of Gaudí’s la Sagrada Familia; a choice of Barcelona sightseeing excursion includes a look inside the medieval maze that is Barri Gòtic or a walking tour of the amazing architectural highlights along Passeig de Grácia. Welcome aboard!
- Cruise the Saône and Rhône rivers, experiencing 11 days of exclusive Connections sightseeing in your private small-group vehicle, escorted by your own Resident Tour Director
- Stay at intimate hotels in Paris and Beaune, carefully chosen for their central locations and historic splendor
- Enjoy seven meals ashore that highlight authentic, local cuisine, including lunch at a Provençal farmhouse
- Disembark for enlightening Connections-exclusive shore excursions, including a hands-on baking class at a Parisian boulangerie and a day trip to Sénanque and Arles
- Enjoy lunch beneath the ancient Pont du Gard — where you marvel at the Roman aqueduct — and a tour of Avignon
- Walk in the footsteps of Van Gogh, visiting the hospital where the artist admitted himself and painted his surroundings
- Want to stay longer? You can extend this trip up to a total of 9 days!
- Paris 2 Day Hop-On/Hop-Off - Big Bus Tour Paris (Premium)
- Want to stay longer? You can extend this trip up to a total of 6 days!
- Barcelona Private Sightseeing Tour
- London–paris: By high-speed Eurostar train
- Paris : Enjoy a Seine cruise; guided sightseeing, visit the Fragonard Museum
- Lucerne : Walking tour including the Lion Monument and Chapel BridgeBERGAMO
- Venice : Private boat ride; visit St. Mark’s Square; glassblower demonstration; pasta party at a local restaurant; private water-taxi ride through the Grand Canal
- Florence : Guided walking tour, see the cathedral and Baptistry, and visit Signoria Square
- Rome : Dinner at a local restaurant; guided sightseeing, visit the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Square and Basilica, and the Colosseum
- This tour is bursting at the seams with historical cities and spectacular scenery
- Spend one night in London, Lucerne, Bergamo, and Venice, and two nights each in Paris and Rome
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Mediterranean Sea Experiences
Exploring the scenic French Riviera
Disembarking the cruise to take a ride to spectacular city of Florence
Snorkeling in the amazing blue Mediterranean waters
Taking a history tour and encouneting ancient Roman Ruins and fortified medieval towns
Voyaging through the Strait of Gibraltar and discovering the Spanish archipelago of the Canaries.
Mediterranean Sea Trip Reviews
52 Mediterranean Sea Tour Reviews - Summary 80% Recommend
All Mediterranean Sea cruises, tours, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.2 for all Mediterranean Sea trips.