United States Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Savor a Polynesian luau featuring tropical drinks and a sumptuous feast.
- Spend time at the largest coffee estate in Hawaii and learn about their crop.
- Enjoy a traditional Hawaiian floral lei welcome.
- Enjoy a cruise on tranquil Wailua River in Kauai.
- In the town of Haleiwa, learn why surfers from around the world gather here.
- Behold the breathtaking Waimea Canyon, the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific."
- Embark on a journey along Oahu's famous North Shore.
- Remember Pearl Harbor as you visit the USS Arizona Memorial.
- Watch Old Faithful geyser erupt, sending steam high in the air.
- Jump into the world of Black Hills gold on a tour.
- Experience rugged Badlands National Park along the famed Loop Road.
- Explore Yellowstone National Park, the first national park in the world.
- Visit rambling Deadwood, a National Historic Landmark.
- Indulge in a taste of a New Orleans favorite — beignets at Café Du Monde.
- Enjoy dinner at The Court of Two Sisters.
- Learn to cook New Orleans-style at the New Orleans School of Cooking.
- Experience a spirited jazz revue at a jazz club in the French Quarter.
- Soak in the ambiance of the old South with a drive along St. Charles Avenue.
- Journey through Louisiana's swamp country on a narrated cruise.
- Join a local guide for a walking tour of the famous French Quarter.
- Enjoy a panoramic tour of New Orleans featuring St. Louis Cemetery, opened in 1853.
- Enjoy Creole delights at a favorite French Quarter restaurant in New Orleans.
- Stop to taste a true New Orleans favorite — beignets at Café Du Monde.
- Indulge in a king cake tasting at Mardi Gras World.
- Embark on a one-of-a-kind tour of Memphis where local musicians share the story of the city’s musical heritage and history.
- Enjoy reserved seats at the Grand Ole Opry, the “home of American music.”
- Tour the historic RCA Studio B for an up-close look at Nashville’s oldest remaining recording studio.
- Visit Graceland, the palatial home of Elvis Presley.
- Explore the Country Music Hall of Fame, the largest museum of popular music in the world.
- Visit the historic Ryman Auditorium.
- Get lost in the labyrinthine streets of the Albaicin in Granada before crossing the river to visit the imposing Moorish fortress of the Alhambra.
- Unwind in a laidback fishing town in the Algarve, soaking up the sun on the beach and enjoying an included boat trip around the rocky cliffs of the coast.
- Join pilgrims along the last leg of the famous Camino de Santiago journey as they reach the historic cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
- Pulsing with quirky and vibrant art and architecture, walking the streets of Barcelona is the perfect way to immerse yourself in the unique culture of Catalonia.
- Sit back, relax and watch the water flow by in one of Porto’s river restaurants while you sample a couple of varieties of the city’s signature wine – port!
- Drive across frozen plains and past massive peaks, walk across remote tundras to glacial rivers and canoe in the spectacular waters of Prince William Sound.
- Go deep into the wild and experience unforgettable scenery on a camping adventure, staying closer than ever before to the mountains and glaciers.
- Denali National Park is home to an abundance of native wildlife. Visit the park for a unique safari experience to see moose, caribou, grizzly bears, Dall sheep and wolves in their natural habitat.
- Get close to sea otters, puffins and humpback whales on an optional kayaking trip in Valdez. You might even see bald eagles in the sky above!
- See North America's biggest collection of glaciers and some of its tallest and most impressive mountains on your tour of the Wrangell-St Elias National Park.
- Experience the fiery passion and rhythm of a traditional flamenco dance performance in Seville.
- It's a pretty special thing to chill out on a beach in Andalucian Spain, knowing North Africa is just across the water. Explore the scenic Costa de la Luz, and kick back with some tapas and sangria in Tarifa.
- The town of Ronda is split in two by a deep rocky chasm. Follow in the path of the Romans, as you cross from one side to the other along an ancient bridge.
- Discover Cordoba's great mosque, the Mezquita, one of the most accomplished examples of Moorish architecture in the world. The lavish gardens and opulent rooms of Granada's spectacular Alhambra Palace aren't bad either.
- Witness a spectacular Spanish sunset on a beach in Valencia, while feasting on a bowl of the world's best paella.
- The cosmopolitan city of Barcelona pulses with culture, art and an outstanding drinking and dining scene. Discover the eccentric modernist architecture of Antonio Gaudi, who made Barcelona his artistic playground. The unfinished masterpiece of La Sagrada Familia is particularly mind-blowing.
- Enjoy a hearty home-cooked meal with an Amish family in Ohio, a unique opportunity to get to know people from a misunderstood and mythologised culture.
- Scratch a big one off the bucket list with a day trip to Niagara Falls.
- Both the USA and Canada can be overwhelming for travellers, so this trip balances scheduled sightseeing with plenty of free time for you to relax or explore at your own pace.
- Explore the quaint and quintessentially New England town of Stowe, a tiny town surrounded by thick forest that changes colour with the seasons.
- Wander the narrow cobblestone streets of Old Montreal on a walking tour that will transport you back in time.
- Experience the natural rolling hills and stunning beauty of the Appalachian Mountains during a night camping in Shenandoah National Park.
- Enjoy a full day to explore the USA capital, Washington DC, at your leisure. See the White House, Capitol Hill and the National Mall, and feel small next to the statue of Abraham Lincoln.
- Deep fried and deeply delicious – experience the big bold food of the USA. Munch on a po’boy sandwich in New Orleans and eat crispy fried chicken in Memphis.
- Finish up your trip with a night in New Orleans, where you can dance the night away with new friends on Bourbon Street.
- In each destination your leader will show you around and give you insider tips – but they won’t keep you on a strict sightseeing schedule. This is the land of the free, after all!
- Drive across frozen plains and past massive peaks, walk across remote tundras to glacial rivers and kayak in the spectacular waters of Prince William Sound.
- Look out for diverse wildlife like moose, grizzly bears, and wolves in Denali National Park, then get close to sea otters, puffins and humpback whales on an optional kayak trip among glaciers in Valdez.
- See North America's biggest collection of glaciers and some of its tallest, most impressive mountains in Wrangell-St Elias National Park – the world's largest internationally protected area.
- See both sides of the Kenai Peninsula – Homer, with remote beaches and the stunning Kachemak Bay State Park, and Seward, with accessible glaciers and marine life.
- Spend two nights at a remote hostel that can only be accessed by kayak or water taxi.
- Get a taste for Nashville’s cuisine highlighting Southern cooking inspired by decades of international influence.
- Enjoy a hearty meal of comfort food at the iconic Wildhorse Saloon.
- Take your reserved seat at a performance at the Grand Ole Opry.
- Step to the beat at a line-dancing lesson at Wildhorse Saloon.
- Make the most of your included ticket for the city's Hop on - Hop off Trolley.
- Wander Franklin, a vibrant town with an award-winning main street.
- Delve into the heart of country music at the historic Ryman Auditorium.
- Peruse iconic costumes and instruments at the Country Music Hall of Fame.
- Venture into RCA Studio B – the recording studio of Elvis Presley and Dolly Parton – with an expert insider.
- Uncover the history of Carnton, a historic plantation home and makeshift hospital during the Civil War.
- Gaze in awe at the artistic feats of the Spanish masters in Madrid, and experience a different sort of mastery with a fiery flamenco performance in Seville.
- Unwind in a laidback fishing village in the Algarve on Portugal's scenic south coast. Soak up the sun on a beach and enjoy a cocktail-coloured sunset over the Atlantic Ocean.
- People from all over the world come to Spain to walk the famous Camino de Santiago. Join pilgrims along the last leg of the journey, as they reach the historic cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
- The fortified medieval city of Pamplona is a great place to discover on foot. Weave through the city's winding alleyways to the immense Gothic Cathedral and walk down the street of the famous bull run.
- Logrono is bursting with delicious local produce and wine, just waiting to be enjoyed on an included tapas crawl. Delicioso!
- Experience international cuisine in local restaurants throughout the city.
- Dine by candlelight at historic Gadsby’s Tavern in Old Town Alexandria.
- Peek into the life of America’s first president at Mount Vernon.
- Behold the impressive Washington National Cathedral.
- Stop at Ford’s Theatre where President Lincoln was assassinated.
- Spend 5 memorable nights in the heart of Washington, D.C.
- Tour the iconic and storied U.S. Capitol building.
- Try your hand at making a tamale at the Santa Fe School of Cooking.
- Delight in an authentic New Mexican lunch in Chimayo.
- Hop aboard an open-air tram for a tour of Santa Fe’s most historic and culturally-significant sites.
- Tour the Loretto Chapel and marvel at its iconic winding staircase.
- Visit the moving El Santuario de Chimayo, the most important Catholic pilgrimage site in the United States.
- Visit the Bandelier National Monument and discover gorgeous canyons and mesas.
- Enjoy a walking tour of Santa Fe Plaza, the central gathering place for Santa Feans for close to 400 years.
- Amble through the Allan Houser Sculpture Garden.
- It's a pretty special thing to chill out on a beach in Andalusian Spain, knowing North Africa is just across the water. Explore the scenic Costa de la Luz and kick back with some tapas and sangria in Tarifa.
- Witness a spectacular Spanish sunset on a beach in Valencia, while feasting on a bowl of some of the world's best paella.
- The cosmopolitan city of Barcelona pulses with culture, art and an outstanding drinking and dining scene. Discover the eccentric architecture of Gaudi who made Barcelona his artistic playground – the unfinished masterpiece of La Sagrada Familia is particularly mind-blowing.
- Logrono is bursting with delicious local produce and wine, just waiting to be enjoyed on an included tapas crawl. Delicioso!
- Take a long siesta on the golden beaches of San Sebastian, one of Spain's most scenic coastal destinations. As the sun goes down, join the crowds as they come out to play among the city's exciting nightlife.
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top United States Experiences
Taking a history tour in Boston, along the Freedom Trail and visiting pre-revolutionary sights.
Exploring the busy, vibrant streets of New York City
Taking a small ship cruise in Alaska and admiring the beauty and abundant wildlife of America's "Last Frontier"
Seeing the lush greenery of the Hawaiian Islands
Walking the boardwalks in Yellowstone National Park to view the geysers and boiling, hissing mudpots.
Wine tasting in California and learning about how the wine industry began here
Driving the Avenue of the Giants in northern California, in awe of the ancient redwoods, the tallest trees on earth.
Standing on the rim of the Grand Canyon and peering into the depths of one of nature’s great wonders.
Hiking to a waterfall in California’s Yosemite National Park, where it's easy to find stunning hikes no matter your physical level.
Rafting the Salmon River in Idaho for whitewater thrills.
Cruising down the Mississippi in an old-fashioned paddle wheeler
Sailing through the Columbia River Gorge
United States Trip Reviews
All United States tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 0.0 for all United States trips.