Guided Group Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Wander around Rome's famous landmarks including the Colosseum, Vatican City, Sistine Chapel, St Peter's Basilica and much more. This is a city that bucket lists were made for
- Feel La Dolce Vita while sipping espresso alongside sharp-dressed locals on the glamorous Sorrentine Peninsula
- Indulge in authentic, traditional pizza in the place of its birth – Naples. Buon appetito!
- Explore the vast, frozen in time ruins of ancient Pompeii, which emerged from the ashes after thousands of years, and take a peak inside the steaming crater of Mt Vesuvius, the volcano that destroyed it
- Hike among the olive groves on the Path of the Gods along the spectacular Amalfi Coast
- Toast to this Italian adventure with a taste of sweet local limoncello
- Explore Madrid
- Visit Prado Museum
- Admire El Greco’s masterpiece, The Burial of the Count of Orgaz in Santo Tome Church
- View the Moorish architecture of the Giralda Tower overlooking the Guadalquivir River
- Visit the splendid Alhambra Palace
- Visit the famed Sagrada Familia, a large, unfinished Catholic Basilica
- Visit Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter
- Enjoy the scenic views of plazas when you drive along the La Rambla Boulevard
- A true “people-to-people” experience with cultural exchanges such as visits with artists, musical performances, and local organizations
- Riding in American Vintage Automobiles (Havana)
- Home of Ernest Hemingway (Havana)
- Cigar Factory (Havana)
- Casa Fuster (Havana)
- Bay of Pigs Museum (Giron)
- Walking Tour of Trinidad
- Bici-Taxi Tour of Camaguey
- Beaches of Guardalavaca (Holguin)
- Meeting Local Fishermen (Gibara)
- Combine contrasting - but consistently luxurious - stays in the city center, wild bush and picturesque Victoria Falls during a single itinerary
- Discover the Cape of Good Hope and the Boulders African penguin colony
- Dive into local cuisine with Chef's Table experiences, dining on a chef-led progressive dinner and cooking traditional dishes side-by-side with a chef
- Experience game drives, bush walks, hippo walks, astronomy and wildlife lectures during a stay at Lion Sands, the only reserve in South Africa to offer safari in both the Sabi and Sand rivers ecosystem
- Cruise the Zambezi River at sunset, taking time to appreciate the fiery African sky
- Explore thunderous Victoria Falls by private walking tour and private cycling tour
- Enjoy cherishable moments watching beautiful grassland and rolling hills
- Visit bird watcher’s paradise
- Explore Serengeti National Park
- Visit Lake Manyara, a bird watcher’s paradise
- See a variety of animals such as impala, elephant, dik-dik, bush buck, hippo and if you’re lucky you might see the famous tree-climbing lions of Manyara
- Visit world’s largest intact volcanic caldera, Ngorongoro Crater
- CAPE TOWN: Visit Cape Point Nature Reserve, a colony of African penguins, and the Bo-Kaap Museum; funicular ride to old Cape Point lighthouse; guided walking tour of the Bo-Kaap area; Cape Malay cooking class; cable-car ride up Table Mountain
- KAPAMA PRIVATE GAME RESERVE: Six game drives in an open-air 4-wheel-drive Land Rover; optional bush walk; sundowner drinks
- JOHANNESBURG: Guided tour of Globus Local FavoriteGlobus Local Favorite Soweto, including Mandela House; visit the Apartheid Museum
- VICTORIA FALLS: Cruise on Zambezi River; guided walk of the falls
- Summit the highest peak in North Africa, Mt Toubkal, and enjoy morning views over the Atlas Mountains and rural Morocco.
- Hike through the rugged mountains with spectacular scenery at every turn and a trusty pack of mules heading up your crew.
- Experience life in an Amazigh (Berber) village during a stay in an Atlas Mountains village, complete with accommodation in a gite.
- Embrace the vibrant souqs, sights, sounds and smells of Marrakech on a guided walking tour of the Medina and visit to Bahia Palace.
- Plenty of free time and optional extras in Marrakech mean you can explore this vibrant city at your own pace.
- Explore the remote northern reaches of Albania and take one of the world’s best boat trips with a cruise through the mountainous corridors of Lake Koman
- Experience daily life in the Valbona Valley with a stay at a local guesthouse. Clink glasses with the locals in the village and hike the rugged valley passes.
- Sail across the blue waters of Lake Ohrid, one of Europe's oldest lakes. No wonder North Macedonia and Albania share this beautiful attraction – nobody would want to let it go.
- Kososvo is rich in history and contrasts. Step back in time and learn about the infamous Battle of Kosovo on a day trip to the Field of Blackbirds, before embracing the modern culture thriving in Prishtina, Europe’s youngest capital.
- Lose yourself in Tirana, the Albanian capital full of a revitalised urban energy, and partake in the local's favourite pastime: drinking coffee and people-watching.
- Support local conservation efforts by visiting the Khama Rhino Sanctuary, the only place left in Botswana where both black and white rhinos reside.
- Go wildlife-spotting with your small group and expert guides along the river at Chobe National Park, home to the world's highest concentration of African elephants.
- Camping on a remote island in the heart of the Okavango wilderness is an experience you’ll never forget. As the sun sets and night falls, the sounds of Africa come alive.
- Explore the magnificent Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, some of the largest salt flats in the world. These mind-bending plains make for some magical photography.
- Your first glimpse of the thundering Victoria Falls is undeniably captivating. With additional time for optional adventures, you’ll get to view the waterfalls from all angles!
- Glide through the lily pad-filled waterways of the Okovango Delta on a mokoro (a small dugout canoe) and escape civilisation with an overnight stay at your island camp.
- Be mesmerised by the staggering force and beauty of Victoria Falls, and experience firsthand why it’s known as the ‘smoke that thunders’ – a natural wonder that must be seen to be believed.
- Choose to take an optional cruise down the Chobe River for the opportunity to get up close (but not too personal!) to cheetahs, crocodiles and the magnificent African elephant.
- Listen to the songs and stories of Namibia’s San people, the oldest inhabitants of southern Africa, and gain an insight into their traditional customs and beliefs.
- Enjoy a full-day game drive in Etosha National Park, home to a wide range of southern Africa's wildlife, including the endangered black rhino.
- Indulge your senses in the chaotic, colourful souqs of Marrakech. Dine on tagine and couscous in Marrakesh’s biggest outdoor food market and enjoy a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice in the Djemaa el-Fna square
- Experience medieval Morocco in the city of Fes. Follow a local guide through the tangled streets of the medina and snap a photo of the city's famous tannery
- The sacred mountain village of Moulay Idriss holds a special place in the hearts of the Moroccan people. Spend the night with a local family in a traditional house and enjoy some delicious home-cooked cuisine
- Admire the Moorish architecture of Casablanca. The city's grand Mosque of Hassan II is one of the most impressive temples in Morocco
- Get lost in Granada's charming Albaizin, a World Heritage-listed Moorish neighbourhood, before visiting the famous hilltop fortress of the Alhambra across the river
- Dine and dance in vibrant Madrid, exploring its character-filled neighbourhoods and world-class art museums
- The cosmopolitan city of Barcelona pulses with culture, art and an outstanding drinking and dining scene. Discover the eccentric modernist architecture of Antonio Gaudi, who made Barcelona his artistic playground. The unfinished masterpiece of La Sagrada Familia is particularly mind-blowing
- With permits included in the price of the trip, take a trek through Uganda's steamy forests to seek out rare mountain gorillas and spend an unforgettable hour in their presence.
- Head out on an early evening game drive in Lake Nakuru National Park, which is particularly famous for its rhino population.
- Spend a few days at your own pace in Jinja, which can be either a relaxing riverside retreat or an adrenaline-pumping adventure capital depending on what you feel like.
- Build the adventure that’s perfect for you with a mixture of included activities and optional ones – like a chimpanzee trek in Kalinzu Forest.
- Meet the Maasai people known for their vibrant red dress and elaborate jewellery and gain an insight into the culture and ancient ways of this proud East African community.
- Explore rocky coastal pathways and pastel-coloured villages with a Cinque Terre day pass, which allows you to hike at your leisure and use the coast's public transport.
- Get lost in the floating city of Venice and wander the city's maze of alleyways, canals and lagoon islands, and choose whether to enjoy an optional gondola ride.
- Spend two days in Florence, a city known for its beauty and rustic Tuscan cuisine, and choose to discover the cities culinary traditions on optional food excursions.
- Squid ink spaghetti, rich Tuscan soups, a slice of pizza eaten while you gaze on centuries-old architecture – the food culture in Italy is intoxicating.
- Discover the landmarks of Rome with your leader and wander around the Colosseum, Arch of Constantine, the Forum, the Pantheon, the Spanish Steps, Via Dei Condotti.
- Visit the Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust and learn about the rescue and rehabilitation of wildlife, human-wildlife conflict and anti-poaching efforts.
- Pay the elephants and lions of Hwange National Park a visit in an open-air safari vehicle, stopping along the way for the perfect wildlife photographs.
- Track rhinos on foot with an expert local guide in Matobo National Park – an exhilarating way to experience the wildlife of Zimbabwe.
- Immerse yourself in the ancient culture of the Venda people at a two-night village homestay in South Africa's Limpopo province.
- Marvel at the unforgettable views of Blyde River Canyon. This spectacular gorge is up there with the world's largest and is probably the greenest of the lot.
- Take a cruise on stunning Lake Ohrid – which straddles the mountainous border between Macedonia and Albania – and watch shorefront villages stream by.
- Albania's pastel-coloured capital Tirana is on the verge of becoming Europe’s next big thing, so pay it a visit before the rest of the world does.
- Head to a remote village outside Syros for a sunset feast of local specialties, all served up in a small taverna that overlooks the Aegean Sea.
- Spend a half-day exploring the ruins that decorate the island of Delos, a living museum of crumbling palaces, columns and statues.
- Take a hike around the rim of the caldera Santorini is built on, walking through little villages, passing steep cliff faces and taking in breathtaking views.
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Guided Group Experiences
Following in the footsteps of Darwin on a tour of the Galapagos
Local guides relaying their personal stories and experiences adds a layer of authenticity and immersion.
Taking a food tour from Barcelona to Berlin
Visiting a Maori village in New Zealand, learning about their culture and seeing a traditional Haka performed
Getting up before dawn in Alice Springs, Australia and taking a drive out to watch the sunrise over Kata Tjuta (The Olgas)
Satisfying your inner Indiana Jones on a guided tour of the Pyramids in Egypt, led by professional Egyptologists
Immersing yourself in a one-of-a-kind shopping experience by visiting a famous floating market on a top Thailand tour
Guided Group Trip Reviews
All Guided Group tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 0.0 for all Guided Group trips.