Guided Group Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
- Wander around Rome's famous landmarks including the Colosseum, Vatican City, Sistine Chapel, St Peter's Basilica and much more. This is a city that bucket lists were made for
- Feel La Dolce Vita while sipping espresso alongside sharp-dressed locals on the glamorous Sorrentine Peninsula
- Indulge in authentic, traditional pizza in the place of its birth – Naples. Buon appetito!
- Explore the vast, frozen in time ruins of ancient Pompeii, which emerged from the ashes after thousands of years, and take a peak inside the steaming crater of Mt Vesuvius, the volcano that destroyed it
- Hike among the olive groves on the Path of the Gods along the spectacular Amalfi Coast
- Toast to this Italian adventure with a taste of sweet local limoncello
- Explore Madrid
- Visit Prado Museum
- Admire El Greco’s masterpiece, The Burial of the Count of Orgaz in Santo Tome Church
- View the Moorish architecture of the Giralda Tower overlooking the Guadalquivir River
- Visit the splendid Alhambra Palace
- Visit the famed Sagrada Familia, a large, unfinished Catholic Basilica
- Visit Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter
- Enjoy the scenic views of plazas when you drive along the La Rambla Boulevard
- A true “people-to-people” experience with cultural exchanges such as visits with artists, musical performances, and local organizations
- Riding in American Vintage Automobiles (Havana)
- Home of Ernest Hemingway (Havana)
- Cigar Factory (Havana)
- Casa Fuster (Havana)
- Bay of Pigs Museum (Giron)
- Walking Tour of Trinidad
- Bici-Taxi Tour of Camaguey
- Beaches of Guardalavaca (Holguin)
- Meeting Local Fishermen (Gibara)
- Combine contrasting - but consistently luxurious - stays in the city center, wild bush and picturesque Victoria Falls during a single itinerary
- Discover the Cape of Good Hope and the Boulders African penguin colony
- Dive into local cuisine with Chef's Table experiences, dining on a chef-led progressive dinner and cooking traditional dishes side-by-side with a chef
- Experience game drives, bush walks, hippo walks, astronomy and wildlife lectures during a stay at Lion Sands, the only reserve in South Africa to offer safari in both the Sabi and Sand rivers ecosystem
- Cruise the Zambezi River at sunset, taking time to appreciate the fiery African sky
- Explore thunderous Victoria Falls by private walking tour and private cycling tour
- Enjoy cherishable moments watching beautiful grassland and rolling hills
- Visit bird watcher’s paradise
- Explore Serengeti National Park
- Visit Lake Manyara, a bird watcher’s paradise
- See a variety of animals such as impala, elephant, dik-dik, bush buck, hippo and if you’re lucky you might see the famous tree-climbing lions of Manyara
- Visit world’s largest intact volcanic caldera, Ngorongoro Crater
- CAPE TOWN: Visit Cape Point Nature Reserve, a colony of African penguins, and the Bo-Kaap Museum; funicular ride to old Cape Point lighthouse; guided walking tour of the Bo-Kaap area; Cape Malay cooking class; cable-car ride up Table Mountain
- KAPAMA PRIVATE GAME RESERVE: Six game drives in an open-air 4-wheel-drive Land Rover; optional bush walk; sundowner drinks
- JOHANNESBURG: Guided tour of Globus Local FavoriteGlobus Local Favorite Soweto, including Mandela House; visit the Apartheid Museum
- VICTORIA FALLS: Cruise on Zambezi River; guided walk of the falls
- Opt to trek the 1-Day Inca Trail, an excellent option for those wanting to experience trekking in Peru, but don’t want to do the full four days
- The giant desert inscriptions of the Nazca Lines are one of Peru's great unsolved mysteries. Scrutinise them up close on a viewing platform or from a bird's-eye-view on an optional flight
- Cusco is a great city to explore on foot. Enter a bygone era as you explore the ancient Incan ruins dotted all over the city
- A trip through Peru wouldn't be complete without a visit to the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu. Enjoy a guided tour around the ruins as well as plenty of free time to discover it on your own
- Spend a full day exploring the floating islands of Lake Titicaca and Taquile Island, with the chance to meet the local Uru people
- There's a lot more to Iceland than ice (and Bjork). Ford the fjords, glaciers, volcanoes and black sand beaches, and consider adding on a visit to the renowned Blue Lagoon for a soak in the geothermal springs.
- Spend the evening at the quirky farm town of Modrudalur – an isolated settlement and the highest inhabited place in Iceland.
- Walk to the mottled blue, grey and black tongue of Vatnajokull glacier – an ice cap so large it covers eight per cent of the country – and discover the incredible Skogafoss Waterfall.
- Glide past blue-white icebergs on an included boat tour of Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon and soak up the silence of the surrounding grey sand desert.
- Visit tiny villages and take enlightening detour to places like the Hvolsvollur region, where you will participate in a sustainable tree planting activity to contribute to carbon offsetting efforts.
- The trip may be quick, but it is packed full of experiences that will give you great insight into Cambodia in a short amount of time
- Begin your adventure in bustling Bangkok, full of interesting sights and delectable cuisine. With the option of adding an extra couple of days before your trip begins, you’ll fit into the lifestyle of South East Asia straight away
- As well as a guided tour, you’ll also have a three-day Angkor pass to cover your whole time in Siem Reap, so that you can explore this incredible temple complex as much and as often as you like
- Discover the temple ruins at Sambor Prei Kuk and enjoy a local village homestay to experience everyday life in rural Cambodia.
- Learn the confronting yet important history of Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek in Phnom Penh
- By staying in local accommodation, you’ll get a true insight into real Vietnam. Spend a memorable night in a locally run guesthouse on the Mekong Delta, and an unforgettable boat stay on Halong Bay.
- Spend time at your own pace on the coast in the idyllic seaside town of Phan Rang. You’ll have time to stroll the sandy beaches and head out on the water to snorkel.
- Historic Hoi An is easily covered by foot, and you’ll have time to marvel in its delights. Laze on Cua Dai Beach, discover the renowned tailors, eat your way through the local food market – it’s up to you!
- Discover the bustling centres of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City – with their French colonial influence and region-specific cuisine, your eyes (and tastebuds!) will never go hungry.
- Sample regional specialties and support local communities on your way, from seafood in Halong Bay, street snacks at markets, tropical fruits in the Mekong Delta and a special breakfast at KOTO restaurant.
- Support local conservation efforts by visiting the Khama Rhino Sanctuary, the only place left in Botswana where both black and white rhinos reside.
- Go wildlife-spotting with your small group and expert guides along the river at Chobe National Park, home to the world's highest concentration of African elephants.
- Camping on a remote island in the heart of the Okavango wilderness is an experience you’ll never forget. As the sun sets and night falls, the sounds of Africa come alive.
- Explore the magnificent Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, some of the largest salt flats in the world. These mind-bending plains make for some magical photography.
- Your first glimpse of the thundering Victoria Falls is undeniably captivating. With additional time for optional adventures, you’ll get to view the waterfalls from all angles!
- Clear sea perfect for swimming, shacks serving cold cerveza and sandy shores covered in starfish are waiting in the Bocas del Toro, where you spend three nights on Isla Colon.
- Head to the coffee plantations, waterfalls and caldera hot springs of Boquete, a highland town so beautiful you won’t miss the beach one bit.
- Ride some of the region’s best breaks in Santa Catalina. If you'd prefer to stay dry (or horizontal), there's a hammock with your name on it.
- Cycle around the quiet streets of Puerto Viejo de Talamanca with your leader, the best way to get your bearings in this relaxed town.
- Get to know Panama City during a guided stroll along the Cinta Costera right to the city’s salty belly – the Mercado de Mariscos (seafood market).
- It’s true – Japanese people take incredible pride in their cuisine. Explore a country where food is taken seriously, all the way from the station tonkatsu restaurant to a high-end sushi establishment.
- Travel by Shinkansen to the Japanese Alps and taste succulent wagyu beef in the 17th-century Edo period town of Takayama – the definition of a melt-in-your-mouth moment.
- Snack on awesome and adventurous street food in the unofficial culinary capital of Osaka and master the skill behind making the famous takoyaki (octopus and pickled ginger in batter).
- Discover the traditions, culture and history behind tea in Kyoto during a private ceremony with a long-time practitioner of this art with your small group.
- Venture into mountainous Koya-san, spending the night in a monastery and discovering shojin ryori – a traditional vegetarian Buddhist meal with over 800 years of history.
- Indulge your senses in the chaotic, colourful souqs of Marrakech. Dine on tagine and couscous in Marrakesh’s biggest outdoor food market and enjoy a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice in the Djemaa el-Fna square
- Experience medieval Morocco in the city of Fes. Follow a local guide through the tangled streets of the medina and snap a photo of the city's famous tannery
- The sacred mountain village of Moulay Idriss holds a special place in the hearts of the Moroccan people. Spend the night with a local family in a traditional house and enjoy some delicious home-cooked cuisine
- Admire the Moorish architecture of Casablanca. The city's grand Mosque of Hassan II is one of the most impressive temples in Morocco
- Get lost in Granada's charming Albaizin, a World Heritage-listed Moorish neighbourhood, before visiting the famous hilltop fortress of the Alhambra across the river
- Dine and dance in vibrant Madrid, exploring its character-filled neighbourhoods and world-class art museums
- The cosmopolitan city of Barcelona pulses with culture, art and an outstanding drinking and dining scene. Discover the eccentric modernist architecture of Antonio Gaudi, who made Barcelona his artistic playground. The unfinished masterpiece of La Sagrada Familia is particularly mind-blowing
- Experience this incredible rail adventure through China, Mongolia, and Russia – one of the world’s greatest, most epic journeys.
- Stay in the Mongolian wilderness in a ger camp and experience local life up-close.
- Immerse yourself in Mongolia's rich cultural heritage, from the country’s original Buddhist temple to the city built by Genghis Khan
- Live life on the shores of magnificent Lake Baikal in a Siberian village
- Experience a traditional Russian banya – a refreshing steam, wash and birch branch ‘massage’
- Encounter fascinating sights over the 6000 kilometres from Beijing’s Tiananmen Square to Moscow’s iconic Red Square
- Check out our Beijing to St Petersburg trip ( search 'CBSQC' on our website) if you are interested in continuing this epic journey in Russia from Moscow to St. Petersburg.
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Guided Group Experiences
Following in the footsteps of Darwin on a tour of the Galapagos
Local guides relaying their personal stories and experiences adds a layer of authenticity and immersion.
Taking a food tour from Barcelona to Berlin
Visiting a Maori village in New Zealand, learning about their culture and seeing a traditional Haka performed
Getting up before dawn in Alice Springs, Australia and taking a drive out to watch the sunrise over Kata Tjuta (The Olgas)
Satisfying your inner Indiana Jones on a guided tour of the Pyramids in Egypt, led by professional Egyptologists
Immersing yourself in a one-of-a-kind shopping experience by visiting a famous floating market on a top Thailand tour
Guided Group Trip Reviews
88,455 Guided Group Tour Reviews - Summary 97% Recommend
All Guided Group tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.7 for all Guided Group trips.