Nepal Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- CITY TOUR of Kathmandu and Patan
- VIEW the Hanuman Dhoka palace complex, Mahadev Temple, House of the Goddess Kumari, Taleju Temple in Kathmandu and the Krishna Temple and Golden Temple in Patan
- VISIT the shrine of Swayambhunath near Patan and a local market in Kathmandu
- Excellent taste of trekking in Nepal without long commitment required or an extensive packing list
- Diverse styles of accommodation and the ability to see all the different aspects of life in Nepal
- Exploring beautiful Kathmandu valley and visit Changu Narayan, oldest temple in Nepal
- See the many historic and holy sites of Nepal and discover the cultural roots of the Nepalese people
- Gain wonderful insight into what local life is like in the rural areas of Nepal outside of Kathmandu
- Short Break style means small group - you will be with others if others book on same date, otherwise may have trek to yourself
- Low altitude trek, great for first time trekker
- Taj Mahal
- Delhi Sightseeing
- Elephant Ride to Amber Fort (Jaipur)
- Sunrise Boat Ride on the Ganges River
- Durbar Square (Kathmandu)
- Ascend to the clouds and reach an altitude of 5416 metres as you cross the Thorung La Pass along the Annapurna Circuit. Testing your mind and body, this is one hell of an accomplishment.
- Uncover a different side of the Himalayas, trekking past terraced rice fields, oak and rhododendron forests, there’s a diverse array of nature that awaits in the Annapurna region.
- Learn about life in Nepalese mountain communities, get to know locals and meet other trekkers while you stay in teahouses in the small communities along the way.
- Discover Nepal’s compact capital in Kathmandu. With a limited amount of time spent here to discover its bazaars and temples, why not extend your stay beforehand to get a real feel of Nepalese culture.
- Spend time in the peaceful haven of Pokhara after your trek has finished. Relax with your small group on the banks of Phewa Lake and take in the mountainous surrounds that you have conquered!
- Bigger and more beautiful than any photo can capture, the Taj Mahal is a triumph of Mughal architecture that promises to inspire even the most seasoned travellers.
- Learn to whip up some central Indian staples during a cooking demonstration at home with friends in Orchha; the perfect opportunity to experience an authentic slice of Indian family life.
- See pilgrims praying and bathing along the ghats of the sacred Ganges River during an unforgettable sunrise cruise in Varanasi – one of India's holiest cities.
- Stay in a lodge and wake to the calls of the jungle in Chitwan National Park, then embark on a safari in search of rhino, deer, monkeys and a wide array of bird life.
- Spend a memorable night at a Madi Valley Homestay – an Intrepid project that provides sustainable incomes and encourages local communities to conserve the wilderness and wildlife around them.
- In addition to immense rugged mountains, witness everything from still alpine lakes and glacial plains to frothy rivers and valleys covered in pink blossoms, depending on the season.
- A trek like this is the bonding experience of a lifetime and the genuine comradery formed between members of your small group will stay with your forever.
- Get your first glimpses of the mighty Himalayan range on the included flight from Kathmandu to Lukla – the famous airport in the sky.
- Hike with an experienced and passionate English-speaking local leader as well as a team of guides and porters who will introduce you to rich Sherpa culture.
- We partner with local mountaineering and porter welfare programs, so you can trek easier knowing that while our porters are taking care of you, there’s someone looking out for them.
- Read our comprehensive guide on trekking in the Everest region here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/theme/walking/everest-base-camp-trek
- Mount everest holds a special place in the world of trekking. there's nothing quite like seeing this peak for the first time.
- To stay in such excellent mountain lodge feature stays as these on an everest trek is a rare treat. enjoy premium mountain lodges with incredible views, perhaps even indulging in a spa treatment after a day on the trails!
- Witness temples rich in symbolism and narrow streets filled with monks, incense, goats and sacred cows, all ringed by the acclaimed himalayas.
- A breathtaking flight over himalaya gives you the chance to witness some truly world-class mountain scenery from your position high in the sky.
- Discover nepal's capital of kathmandu, visiting the ornate garden of dreams and perhaps savouring some of the fine local cuisine.
- This is a great introduction to Everest: a shorter trek that still allows for stunning views of the world's highest mountain.
- The flight into Lukla provides unparalleled views of the Himalaya and, if you're lucky, you may just spot Everest.
- Stay in remote, authentic tea houses. The accommodation may be spartan, but the scenery is beautiful and the food delicious.
- Enjoy walking along the famous route to Everest Base Camp and spend a night at altitude in Namche Bazaar (3440 metres).
- Discover the man-made beauty that lies across the north of india, from jaipur’s ‘palace of the winds’ and royal city palace to agra’s red fort and famous taj mahal
- A trip to india wouldn’t be complete without a bollywood film. sit back and enjoy one in one of jaipur’s magnificent cinemas
- Embark on a safari through ranthambore national park in search of antelope, sloth bears, leopards and tigers
- Immerse yourself in the grandeur of rajput royalty during your india feature stay in rural rajasthan at castle kanota
- Begin a morning in varanasi with a sunrise cruise down the ganges – the perfect way to experience the spiritual magic of the ultimate hindu pilgrimage destination
- As well as an unforgettable scenic everest flight, experience nepal's stunning natural beauty from many angles – hiking, driving or canoeing
- Uncover the rural beauty around nepal’s lesser known villages and immerse yourself in the wilderness of chitwan national park
- Surround yourself with lush forest and serene luxury during your two night nepal feature stay at barahi jungle lodge
- Start the trip in the chaos of Delhi. It's all kinds of crazy as well as all kinds of delhi-ciousness. Don't leave without your leader showing you where to get the best street food.
- The Taj Mahal may be one of the most recognisable buildings in the world, but do you know its poetic history? A local expert will fill you in.
- Ditch your alarm, there’s only one way to wake up in this world and that’s with a sunrise sail along the Ganges.
- Lumbini is no ordinary town. Visit the birthplace of Gautama Buddha, the founder of Buddhism, and tour its temples and the legendary Ashoka Pillars.
- Fall asleep to the calls of the jungle in Chitwan National Park, then embark on a jeep or canoe safari in search of rhino, deer, monkeys and a wide array of bird life
- Fall in love with Nepal, prayer flags and spicy chai in fascinating Kathmandu.
- Bardia National Park is one of the best places in the world for spotting the elusive Royal Bengal tiger in the wild. Be taken on daily safaris in search of the unique wildlife of the region.
- Keep your eye out for other wildlife that call this park home – Asian elephants, one-horned rhinos, deer, fresh-water dolphins, crocodiles, and rare birds like the kingfisher.
- Bardia National Park, in Nepal’s southwest, is far from the usual tourist trail and remote enough to feel like you’re deep on a wildlife expedition.
- Discover the local cultures of the region with a visit to a local Tharu village to learn about the way of life in this region of rural Nepal.
- Look for Bengal tigers and other wildlife on two safari excursions in Bardia National Park, where recent Nepalese efforts have resulted in tiger populations doubling since 2009.
- Explore the faded beauty and mural-lined corridors of Chaurasi Kutia, a deserted ashram made internationally known after members of The Beatles resided there in the 1960s.
- Watch the nightly Ganga Aarti ceremony unfold along the Ganges River in Rishikesh, gathering with the local community to watch this captivating ritual involving fire and music.
- Discover the delights of under-touristed Lucknow, from the palatial grounds of the Bara Imambara religious complex to the rich, spice-heavy Awadhi food the city is famous for.
- Spend the evening between safaris in a riverside lodge in Bardia National Park, surrounded by nature and falling asleep to the sounds of the jungle.
- Beginning and ending in Kathmandu, there's more than enough time to discover the Nepali capital's staggeringly rich cultural and artistic heritage.
- This is the perfect trip for those who want a cultural insight into Nepal without strenuous trekking, with plenty of inclusions, as well as free time and comfortable accommodation in each destination.
- Whether it's flying, hiking, driving, or by canoe, this trip will let you experience Nepal's stunning natural beauty from all angles.
- Witness world-class mountain scenery from a heavenly viewpoint, with a breathtaking, included Everest scenic flight.
- Take a jeep safari with a local guide in Chitwan National Park, a beauty brimming with exotic birdlife and game - you may be lucky enough to spot rhinos or elusive leopards and tigers.
- Get a hands-on overview of Nepal's diverse architecture, from the stately Newari dwellings in Bandipur to the hill-perched Buddhist Peace Pagoda in laid back Pokhara.
- This trip combines two of the world’s great classic treks. Experience breathtaking scenery and the comradery of trekking with a small group as you challenge yourself to reach new heights.
- Get your first glimpses of the might Himalayan range on the included flight from Kathmandu to Lukla – surely one of the most dramatically located airports anywhere.
- Compare and contrast the terrain of both the Everest and Annapurna ranges. Here's how they match up: intrepidtravel.com/adventures/annapurna-vs-everest/
- You’ll be accompanied by an experienced trek leader along with assistant guides and porters, who will not only give you all the support and guidance you need along the way, but also introduce you to the rich local Sherpa culture.
- We operate our treks according to standards that provide respectful, safe and fair working conditions not only in Nepal, but on all our trips globally. For more information on porter welfare, see intrepidtravel.com/au/porter-policy
- Have the opportunity to support our partnership with Seven Women by taking part in Urban Adventures in Kathmandu before or after your trek – an organisation that socially and economically empowers marginalised women through literacy programs, skills training and income generation. Donations through The Intrepid Foundation are matched dollar for dollar: theintrepidfoundation.org/seven-women
- After testing your body and mind, take a few days to unwind and reminisce among the temples and pagodas of Pokhara and Kathmandu
- Capture your best selfie in front of the Taj Mahal – a marble masterpiece and the mother of all mausoleums, this Indian icon is all part of Agra’s allure.
- Get among the relaxing vibes of Rishikesh with a one-hour morning yoga class, then sleep under the starry Indian sky surrounded by nature and mountain views.
- Spend a day exploring the world of Bollywood in Ramoji Film City: a huge park full of filming locations. You’ll feel like you’re on the set of a blockbuster!
- Go in search for elephants and tigers, as well as macaque, civet, giant flying squirrel, striped hyena and leopard on an included safari in the lush Bandipur National Park.
- Taste the perfect cuppa with a visit to one of Coonoor’s tea plantations. Learn about how tea leaves go from plant to cup.
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Nepal Experiences
- Strolling past the more than 50 temples and palaces that sprawl across Durbar Square in Kathmandu, and the smaller collections of religious architectural treasures in nearby Patan and Bhaktapur.
- Trekking for days around the Annapurna massif for breath-taking views of that awesome range.
- Clambering aboard an elephant for a rock-and-rolling ride through Royal Chitwan National Park to spot rhinos, wild boar, crocodiles, monkeys and other resident wildlife.
- Photographing scenery – towering mountains, deep green-clad valleys, glacial rivers, plummeting waterfalls – that rivals any on earth.
- Discovering tiny villages laid out along narrow cobblestone streets that could have been plucked from medieval Europe and transported to their present idyllic setting.
- Interacting with some of the most friendly people anywhere -- whose perpetual greeting, Namaste (na-ma-stay), which means “welcome,” says it all.
- Observing the extent to which religion is as much a part of life as eating and breathing to most Nepalese, who express their devotion throughout the day and into night at both immense places of worship and tiny family shrines.
Nepal Trip Reviews
1,787 Nepal Tour Reviews - Summary 98% Recommend
All Nepal tours, treks, hiking tours, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.8 for all Nepal trips.