Berlin to Budapest
- Begin your adventure in Berlin – an exciting city with a complex history. In your own time, see the remaining fragments of the infamous wall that once divided the city, but now unites it with murals and memorials.
- Take in some of Germany’s best views from the heights of Bastei – a towering sandstone formation home to a medieval castle.
- Immerse yourself in the bohemian vibes of the Czech Republic, soak up the smooth sounds of jazz at a low-lit bar in Prague and sample locally made pilsners.
- Sample Slovakian delicacies in Bratislava, with a free day to explore the old town and ascend up UFO Tower.
- With plenty of free time in vibrant Budapest at the end of your trip, whether you end up taking a slow cruise down the Danube or downing a couple of local brews in a ruin bar is totally up to you!
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Cooperativa Coraggio. Donations help them regenerate 22 hectares of unused public land to create local jobs and produce organic food in Italy.
What's this trip about?
- Bastei - Hike
- Prague - Czech Brewery Visit
Guten Tag! Welcome to Germany. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm tonight in Berlin. There are no activities planned until then, so feel free to arrive at any time during the day. You may like to take a Spree River cruise, visit the multiple museums ...
Set out to discover more of Berlin in detail today, as you’ll have free time to enjoy it as you please. There are plenty of impressive sites for you to check out – the Brandenburg Gate, remnants of the Berlin Wall and the dominating Reichstag building – either on your...
This morning, say goodbye to Berlin and hop on an early train to Dresden. After checking in to your accommodation, another quick train trip will take you to Rathen, where you can enjoy a hike to the sandstone pinnacles of Bastei. The unique rock formation offers some ...
Leaving Germany behind, board the train to Prague. When you arrive, check-in at your hotel and then see the highlights of this beautiful city on a leader-led orientation walk. Prague's architecture can be traced from the Middle Ages through to the avant-garde of the G...
Another day in Prague and so many possibilities! Perhaps learn how the Bohemian artists, writers, dissidents and the Bohemian mentality shaped the nation. Don’t forget to sample some traditional and modern Czech snacks along the way. If you feel like a day trip out of...
Leave Prague and travel to Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia. Set along the Danube, Bratislava blends past and present with its charming Old Town and lively boutiques and cafes. You have a free day to explore it all today. You could climb to the top of the tower at ...
Transfer from Bratislava to Budapest and enjoy a free day in the self-proclaimed Pearl of the Danube. Perhaps explore the historical Buda Castle and palace complex. Forget about the bustling city and lose yourself in the history of the winding streets of the Castle Di...
After breakfast this morning, your trip comes to an end in Budapest. If you’d like to extend your stay, just speak to your booking agent.
Your trip, your way, planned by an expert:
- You choose budget, destinations, activities, transport & lodging type
- Expert designs the itinerary for you, and once approved, takes care of logistics
Check Current Availability, prices, specials with Intrepid Travel.
The total tour cost includes the tour price (regular or promotional) and the compulsory local payment. The promotional price is subject to change. Check directly with the operator for the latest price offer. The tour operator requires you to pay only the tour price to purchase your travel. The compulsory local payment will be paid when you join the trip. All prices are based on double, twin or triple share occupancy. Solo passengers will be accommodated in a double, twin or triple room according to availability with a passenger(s) of the same gender. Single supplement only needs to be paid if the passenger does not want to share and requests their own room. Discounts can only be applied at the time of booking and cannot be added at a later date, regardless of any changes made to the original booking.
Prices may vary due to local taxes and trip seasonality. Click "Request Info" to inquire directly with the tour operator for the final trip price.
We joined the Intrepid “Real Italy Food…
We joined the Intrepid “Real Italy Food Tour” and enjoyed it thoroughly. Our tour guide, Micol, was very knowledgeable and provided us with lots of good information....
Central Asia Explorer
This was my third trip with Intrepid, and I'll continue to plan future trips with them. I choose Intrepid to travel to parts of the world where I don't feel comforta...
The Intrepid Travel Experience
If you’re looking for adventure, you’ve come to the right place. For the past 25 years, we’ve been taking small groups of travelers on unforgettable trips around the world. What makes them unforgettable? Take a look for yourself and discover the Intrepid experience.
Our travelers have three styles of tour to choose from: Basix, Original and Comfort. Each has a different level of inclusions and accommodation, but all have unforgettable real life experiences as part of the package. Travellers can also choose themed trips, such as Family, Sailing or Food, to suit their interests.
Our group size has an average of just ten travellers, which allows us to get off the beaten track, use local accommodation and transport, and really get to know the culture. It also ensures we are contributing to the local economy; by choosing local suppliers we were able to keep AUD 60 million in local economies in 2012. We’re also working hard to reduce our carbon footprint and were the first in our sector to introduce carbon offset trips. This, along with our many corporate sustainability activities, has meant we’re one of the travel industry’s leaders in responsible travel.
- Small groups - average of 10 people per trip
- Sustainability - pioneers for the industry
- Local leaders - authentic perspectives
- Local transport - get close and personal
- Local accommodation - experience real living
- Intrepid travelers - like-minded companions
Intrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of The Intrepid Group, taking over 100,000 travelers every year.
Intrepid Travel is part of The Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Urban Adventures and PEAK DMC.
Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning.
On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:
- Integrity – Doing the right thing
- Responsible – Think global, act local
- Growth – Stakeholders in our own success
- Innovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing change
- Fun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we do
- Passion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
Find your perfect trip
Transportation & Flights
Transportation & flights
- Save up to $700 per person
- Access members-only specials
- Personalize trip recommendations