50-Plus Travel Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- CITY TOUR in Vancouver, Victoria, Whistler, Banff
- VISIT Chase, Banff National Park, Jasper National Park
- VIEW Lake Louise, Athabasca Glacier, Rogers Pass, Athabasca Falls, Sea-to-Sky Gondola, Butchart Gardens, a traditional kekuli built by the people of the First Nations
- CRUISE across Maligne Lake to iconic Spirit Island
- SCENIC DRIVE along the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Icefields Parkway
- Explore historic Imperial Palace (Tokyo)
- See the majestic Mt. Fuji
- Visit Hakone National Park
- Opportunity to see the Shirakawago (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Visit Ancient town in Takayama
- Sightseeing in Kyoto
- Explore historic Zagreb
- Visit Lake Bled
- Enjoy a short scenic boat ride in lakes of Plitvice Lake National Park
- Explore Roman Ruins (Split)
- Enjoy a guided walking tour of Old Dubrovnik
- Visit Montenegro
- Enjoy a sight of beautiful Bay of Kotor, the longest and deepest fjord in Southern Europe.
- Take guided walk through the grounds of Kalemegdan Fortress
- Experience two nights in bustling Budapest, cosmopolitan capital of Hungary
- Sail past dramatic natural wonders like the soaring white cliffs of the Iron Gate region
- Enjoy Serbian & Hungarian folkloric performances
- Enjoy the authentic flavors of Eastern Europe, on shore and aboard
- Explore the world’s seventh continent on the Antarctic Peninsula by ship, Zodiac and on foot.
- Learn about Antarctica’s unique geology, history and wildlife with an expert team of lecturers.
- See the incredible wildlife of South Georgia, often referred to as “the Galapagos of the South.” This includes more than 30 species of breeding birds, including four species of Penguin.
- Follow in the footsteps of Sir Ernest Shackleton’s perilous voyages on South Georgia and pause for a moment at his graveside.
- Explore the quaint, British town of Port Stanley in the Falkland Islands.
- On board lecturers and educational presentations from Polar Specialists.
- In-depth Tour with Prominent Visits
- Explore five Capital Cities
- Spectacular Scenery
- Opportunities to visit Historic Castles
- Enjoy 2-Night Stays in Most Locations
- Opportunities for Individual Pursuits
- Explore Cornwell
- Toronto: Sightseeing; special lunch at the CN Tower
- Niagara falls: Sightseeing cruise
- Niagara-on-the lake : Winery visit and tasting
- Thousand islands national park: Scenic waterways lunch cruise
- Ottawa : Sightseeing; enjoy a Beavertail pastry
- Cap-de-la-madeleine : Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary
- QuÉbec city: Sightseeing with a Local Guide; special dinner in Old Town featuring regional French cuisine; breakfast at a traditional sugar shack
- MontrÉal: Sightseeing with a Local Guide; visit Notre Dame Basilica
- Vibrant cities, stunning scenery, and out-of-the-ordinary experiences await you on this Historic Cities of Eastern Canada tour
- You'll start in Toronto and end in Montréal with overnights also in Niagara Falls, Ottawa, and Québec City
- Enjoy a cooking demonstration and dinner of regional specialties in Savannah.
- Savor a festive holiday dinner at the Jekyll Island Club.
- Explore the 19th-century Andrew Low House and Gardens.
- Drive through enchanting James Island County Park, decorated with over 500,000 lights.
- Get to know Charleston's cobblestoned streets, historic homes and restored buildings.
- Enjoy a holiday-themed trolley tour of Savannah's sprawling Historic District.
- Experience a guided tour of the Jekyll Island Club, beautifully decorated for the season.
- Join locals for lunch at a nearby Shebeen, or house tavern.
- Experience an unforgettable African “Boma” dinner.
- Enjoy lunch amongst the ancient milkwood trees in Knysna.
- Visit one of the oldest working ostrich farms in Oudtshoorn – the ostrich capital of South Africa – and learn about these fascinating animals.
- Experience a thrilling cable car ride rising more than 3,000 feet.
- Learn the local beat with a lesson on the djembe drums.
- Search for the “Big 5” on an open-air safari game drive!
- Marvel at the breathtaking Drakensberg Mountains.
- Behold the luxurious mansions of Soweto — South West Township.
- Enjoy a welcome reception in the crypt of Christ Church Cathedral.
- Put a modern twist on Irish cuisine during a cooking class at a premier culinary institution in Dublin.
- Enjoy Diner’s Choice in Ireland’s gourmet capital of Kinsale.
- Explore the Old Midleton Distillery, home of Jameson Irish Whiskey.
- Overnight on the enchanting Aran Islands and jump head-first into Irish culture.
- Enjoy an after-hours private tour of Christ Church Cathedral.
- Spend a day exploring the Dingle Peninsula.
- Cruise beneath the iconic Cliffs of Moher.
- Watch the sunrise over Inisheer’s maze of stone walls.
- Enjoy 3 nights in the imperial city of Innsbruck and the musical city of Salzburg.
- Visit Linderhof Palace, one of the most artistic and stylistically complex ensembles of the 19th century.
- Explore historic Salzburg, birthplace of Wolfgang Mozart, and location of the beloved film The Sound of Music.
- Experience the powerful Oberammergau Passion Play, a once-in-a-lifetime event.
- Travel to Bavaria and view Neuschwanstein Castle, the inspiration for the castle in Sleeping Beauty.
- Visit Marienplatz, Munich’s historic town square and home to the world-famous Glockenspiel.
- Sample famous Vietnamese dishes on a walking food tour.
- Savor some of Hanoi’s finest food during dinner inside a restored French Colonial-style mansion.
- Take part in a private blessing ceremony and meet the monks of a local monastery.
- Journey to the famous Pak Ou Caves, the home of hundreds of Buddhas.
- See the Cu Chi Tunnels, a maze of underground Viet Cong passageways.
- Explore incredible Angkor Wat, the world's largest religious structure.
- Board a private boat for a cruise down the Mekong River.
- Take in Vietnam’s stunning landscapes and pagodas on a day trip to Ninh Binh Province.
- Absorb the surroundings of the coffee region during a bean to cup tour.
- Marvel at the sights, smells, and tastes of Bogotá’s Paloquemao Market.
- Experience the majesty of the Cocora Valley aboard equipped 4x4 jeeps known as “Willys.”
- See Cartagena’s colorful Old Town.
- Witness the pastoral idyll of a traditional Colombian flower farm in Santa Elena.
- Visit Bogotá’s Museo del Oro, hosting the largest collection of pre-Hispanic gold.
- Dine on delicious French cuisine and wine at the Eiffel Tower.
- Savor dinner accompanied by French wine at one of Paris’ oldest Brasseries.
- See the dramatic highlights of Paris including Notre Dame Cathedral, Place Vendome and more!
- Explore the treasures of the Louvre Museum with an expert.
- Glide along and admire Paris’ glittering skyline on a Seine River cruise.
- Tour the spectacular Palace of Versailles and its gardens with a local guide.
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top 50-Plus Travel Experiences
Waking to the rising sun in an African game lodge to a view of giraffes, zebras and wildebeest sipping side by side at a watering hole just outside your window.
Sipping wine on deck or on your balcony as your river cruise boat drifts past an ever-changing panorama of old-world Europe.
Walking alongside strange-looking iguanas, exotic birds and giant tortoises -- all unafraid of humans -- as you tour the Galapagos Islands.
Gazing at the vast Amazon rainforests via riverboat while listening to howler monkeys crying in the distance.
Marveling at the sheer force of power generated by waters flowing over Victoria Falls in Africa and Iguassu Falls in South America.
Birding in the Costa Rican rainforests and coming upon a rare species to add to your life list.
Landing on the seventh continent, Antarctica, on an expedition-style cruise that only a small number of people will ever get to experience.
Discovering the birthplaces of the Americas on journeys to Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic and Quebec City in Canada.
Trekking to Peru’s Machu Picchu or atop Tanzania’s Mt. Kilimanjaro to test your mettle and enjoy some of the world’s finest views.
Rafting the wild rivers of Idaho, California, or West Virginia under the expert direction of an experienced guide.
Taking a small ship cruise along the gorgeous and historic coastlines of Croatia, Turkey or Greece.
50-Plus Travel Trip Reviews
33,132 50-Plus Travel Tour Reviews - Summary 93% Recommend
All 50-Plus tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventures. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.6 for all 50-Plus Travel trips.