Discover Central Europe
- Discover the artistic history of unique Vienna – the perfect blend of modern and historic personality – then enjoy some kaffe and kuchen (coffee and cake) at a local café that empowers older residents with employment and purpose.
- Stroll stunning Salzburg, backdropped by the Eastern Alps, with a free day to wander the Old City and the New City, divided by the Salzach River.
- Escape city life on the peaceful shores of Lake Bled in Slovenia. Maybe visit the iconic church on the tiny fairytale island in the lake's centre and treat yourself to a slice of Bled's famous cream cake.
- See the iconic Venice, which looks like it comes straight out of a postcard, and soak up opportunities like sailing the canals on a gondola or tucking into a huge plate of pasta.
- With loads of free time in some of Europe’s best locations, you can choose your own adventure and customize your trip to hit everything you actually want to see! Get active in Bled with some rowing and white water rafting or hit the ruin bars of Budapest – why not?
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll learn about our Intrepid Foundation partner, Cooperativa Coraggio. Donations help them regenerate 22 hectares of unused public land to create local jobs and produce organic food in Italy. Intrepid will double the impact by dollar-matching all post-trip donations made to The Intrepid Foundation.
What's this trip about?
- Vienna - Kaffee und Kuchen Experience
- Bled - Lake Walk
Szia! Welcome to Hungary. Your adventure begins in the stunning dual city of Budapest with a welcome meeting at 6 pm tonight. If you arrive early, why not stroll around the grand architecture and boulevards to get your bearings? Maybe explore one of the local markets ...
Hop on a train this morning to the cosmopolitan city of Vienna. After dropping your bags at your accommodation, you’re in for a real treat! Stop for kaffe and kuchen (coffee and cake) with your group at Vollpension – a local cafe that empowers older members of the com...
You’re free to choose your own adventure today, and Vienna has a lot to offer! Art lovers will be delighted by the vast array of museums, including the Albertina, the Leopold, Kunsthalle Wien and the Museum of Modern Art. Those interested in 19th- and 20th-century Aus...
Travel to Salzburg this morning via train – this Austrian hub on the border of Germany is backdropped by the Eastern Alps and divided by the Salzach River. When you arrive, you’ll have a full free day to explore all this gorgeous city has to offer, from the Old City t...
Travel to the stunning Slovenian resort town of Bled today. Sitting at the edge of the Julian Alps, this place is full of picturesque sights that are sure to take your breath away. When you arrive, follow your leader to the shore of glistening Lake Bled, from which ma...
There’s no better place to get active than in Bled! Today you have a free day to enjoy all the fun activities Bled has to offer (calling all nature lovers!) Maybe take a full-day adventure around Triglav Massive – there are many outdoor activities available here to ge...
Travel by train and local bus through stunning scenery to one of the world's most unique cities today – postcard-perfect Venice. A city of canals, Venice is built over a hundred small islands connected by 400 bridges. When you arrive, head out for an orientation walk ...
With no activities planned for today, you’re free to leave your accommodation at any time after checkout. That doesn’t mean your adventure has to end! Italy’s city of canals is an extraordinary place to see on foot, and if you’d like to spend an extra day or two exploring, just speak to your booking agent.
Your trip, your way, planned by an expert:
- You choose budget, destinations, activities, transport & lodging type
- Expert designs the itinerary for you, and once approved, takes care of logistics
Check Current Availability, prices, specials with Intrepid Travel.
The total tour cost includes the tour price (regular or promotional) and the compulsory local payment. The promotional price is subject to change. Check directly with the operator for the latest price offer. The tour operator requires you to pay only the tour price to purchase your travel. The compulsory local payment will be paid when you join the trip. All prices are based on double, twin or triple share occupancy. Solo passengers will be accommodated in a double, twin or triple room according to availability with a passenger(s) of the same gender. Single supplement only needs to be paid if the passenger does not want to share and requests their own room. Discounts can only be applied at the time of booking and cannot be added at a later date, regardless of any changes made to the original booking.
Prices may vary due to local taxes and trip seasonality. Click "Request Info" to inquire directly with the tour operator for the final trip price.
We joined the Intrepid “Real Italy Food…
We joined the Intrepid “Real Italy Food Tour” and enjoyed it thoroughly. Our tour guide, Micol, was very knowledgeable and provided us with lots of good information....
Central Asia Explorer
This was my third trip with Intrepid, and I'll continue to plan future trips with them. I choose Intrepid to travel to parts of the world where I don't feel comforta...
The Intrepid Travel Experience
If you’re looking for adventure, you’ve come to the right place. For the past 25 years, we’ve been taking small groups of travelers on unforgettable trips around the world. What makes them unforgettable? Take a look for yourself and discover the Intrepid experience.
Our travelers have three styles of tour to choose from: Basix, Original and Comfort. Each has a different level of inclusions and accommodation, but all have unforgettable real life experiences as part of the package. Travellers can also choose themed trips, such as Family, Sailing or Food, to suit their interests.
Our group size has an average of just ten travellers, which allows us to get off the beaten track, use local accommodation and transport, and really get to know the culture. It also ensures we are contributing to the local economy; by choosing local suppliers we were able to keep AUD 60 million in local economies in 2012. We’re also working hard to reduce our carbon footprint and were the first in our sector to introduce carbon offset trips. This, along with our many corporate sustainability activities, has meant we’re one of the travel industry’s leaders in responsible travel.
- Small groups - average of 10 people per trip
- Sustainability - pioneers for the industry
- Local leaders - authentic perspectives
- Local transport - get close and personal
- Local accommodation - experience real living
- Intrepid travelers - like-minded companions
Intrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of The Intrepid Group, taking over 100,000 travelers every year.
Intrepid Travel is part of The Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Urban Adventures and PEAK DMC.
Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning.
On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:
- Integrity – Doing the right thing
- Responsible – Think global, act local
- Growth – Stakeholders in our own success
- Innovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing change
- Fun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we do
- Passion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
Find your perfect trip
Transportation & Flights
Transportation & flights
- Save up to $700 per person
- Access members-only specials
- Personalize trip recommendations