Pacific Islands Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Discover the beautiful Coral Coast, taking a guided walk to learn about the cultural significance of Sigatoka Sand Dunes National Park with your small group.
- Get your pulse racing as you raft through the heart of Fiji’s highlands at Upper Navua Gorge, and take the plunge with a swim at one of Fiji’s most picture-perfect waterfalls in Nabalesere.
- Have time to rest and relax along the shores of Pacific Harbour, and take a boat to the paradisiacal island of Nananu-i-Ra for more relaxation, kayaking or snorkelling.
- Go on a full day’s hike through the grasslands into Naga to Nubutautau villages, hearing first-hand about the history of the area from expert guides and local villagers.
- Discover the Fijian centres of Nadi and Suva, and with the option to extend your stay before or after the expedition, you’ll be relaxing as soon as you step foot on the island.
- Enjoy a traditional kava ceremony.
- Arrive at your resort in style on a helicopter transfer across the islands.
- Snorkel and kayak in the turquoise waters surrounding your resort.
- Relax in your own beachfront bure overlooking the lagoon.
- Swim and snorkel in the turquoise waters of the Mamanuca Islands.
- Take a scenic flight to the northern islands, getting a bird's eye view of the hills of Vitu Levu on the way.
- Explore some world class diving sites around the northern islands.
- Walk along a white sand beach or to a waterfall on Taveuni.
- Snorkel in the pristine waters of the Mamanuca Islands.
- Experience and traditional Fijian Kava ceremony.
- Explore the rugged interior and waterfalls of Upolu; visit the Bahai Temple, one of only eight in the world.
- Take a day trip to Sava'i, Samoa's largest island, and walk to the top of an old volcanic crater.
- Panoramic London City Tour
- Windsor Castle (London)
- Great Pyramids & Sphinx of Giza
- Egyptian Museum
- Buddhist Temples (Bangkok)
- Optional Floating Market (Bangkok)
- Tanah Lot (Bali)
- Bali Herbal & Nature Walk
- Sydney Harbor Lunch Cruise
- Featherdale Wildlife Park
- Explore Fiji
- Garden of Sleeping Giant (Fiji)
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Pacific Islands Trip Reviews
12 Pacific Islands Tour Reviews - Summary 100% Recommend
All Pacific Islands tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 5.0 for all Pacific Islands trips.