Wildlife Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Stay in the small Rwandan town of Ruhengeri
- Hike through Rwanda's dense steamy jungles in Volcanoes National Park
- Fall in love with the gentle nature of mountain gorillas for one intimate hour
- Visit the moving Genocide Memorial Centre on a city tour of Kigali
- Encounter rarely seen and iconic arctic wildlife and their habitats: polar bears, muskoxen, ringed seals, bird cliffs, fox dens and much more
- Visit the Cunningham River estuary, seasonal home to hundreds of beluga whales
- Take advantage of included equipment and activities such as all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), a Mercedes Unimog, kayaking, rafting, fishing and hiking
- Visit Cape Anne Thule sites with ancient stone and bone houses
- Enjoy unique photography opportunities
- Make the most of optional activities such as fishing for arctic char, and the Beechey Island fly-in excursion
- Adventure Week (June 30 - July 7, 2016) Take advantage of included equipment and human-propelled activities unique to the first week of the season, such as fat biking, river kayaking, and stand-up paddleboarding
- Cape Town Orientation Tour
- Table Mountain (Cape Town)
- Cape Peninsula (Cape Town)
- Winelands (near Cape Town)
- Robben Island
- Kruger National Park
- Board on rail to see Machu Picchu
- Visit the world renowned and colorful Indian market in Pisac
- Enjoy a guided walking tour around Cuzco
- Visit lake Titicaca
- Embark on an unforgettable boat journey to explore the magnificent scenery and fascinating life on and around the lake.
- Visit the floating islands of the Uros Indians
- Enjoy a guided afternoon tour of both colonial and modern Lima
- Visit Gold Museum and Fernando Botero Museum (Bogota)
- See the famous underground salt cathedral (near Bogota)
- Visit the coffee Hacienda San Alberto and immerse yourself in the world of coffee
- Enjoy a spectacular drive to Cocora Valley
- Visit sculpture park of Botero (Medellin)
- Visit the La Popa Convent and San Felipe Castle (Cartagena)
- Explore Cartagena’s Walled Old Town
- Experience walking Tour of Amsterdam
- You’ll visit major highlights of Anne Frank’s House (Amsterdam)
- Visit Haymarket (Cologne)
- Visit Jewish Baths (Cologne)
- Visit Gothic Cologne Cathedral (Der Kölner Dom)
- Walking Tour of Old Town (Koblenz)
- See the fabulous St. Castor’s Basilica (Koblenz)
- Schängel Fountain (Koblenz)
- Mannheim Palace
- Walking Tour of Strasbourg
- Visit the concentration camp at Auschwitz, now a museum honoring the victims of the Holocaust
- See the 13th century Matthias Coronation Church and the Citadel on Mount Gellert.
- See historical sights including the Monument of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
- Voyage to the charming artist’s town of Szentendre
- Enjoy a panoramic tour taking you along the Ring Boulevard, past Emperor Franz Josef’s Hofburg Palace and the ornate State Opera to a masterpiece of Gothic architecture, the Cathedral of St. Stephen’s
- Visit the quaint towns of Duernstein and Telc en route to Prague
- See the 14th-century Charles Bridge and explore the charming Old Town in Prague
- Helsinki Tour
- Danube Bend
- Explore Table Mountain (Cape Town)
- See the Cape Peninsula (Cape Town)
- Explore amazing Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Visit to Kruger National Park
- Vist Apartheid Museum (Johannesburg)
- City Tour of Paris – Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe & more!
- Monet’s House & Gardens (Giverny)
- Versailles Optional Excursion
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame (Rouen)
- Mont St. Michel (Normandy)
- Normandy Beaches
- Normandy American Cemetery
- Chateau de Chambord (Loire Valley)
- Chateau Villandry (Loire Valley)
- Chateau Chenonceau (Loire Valley)
- Wine Tasting (Civray de Touraine)
- Cezanne Studio (Aix-en-Provence)
- Palais des Papes (Avignon)
- Calanques Cruise (Cassis)
- Monte Carlo Optional Excursion
- Grasse & St. Paul de Vence Optional Excursion
- Visit Tortuguero Village
- See the Arenal Volcano
- Explore Monteverde Cloud Forest
- Visit to Curi-Cancha Forest Reserve
- See the Oxcart Factory in Sarchi
- Giraffe Center (Nairobi)
- Samburu National Reserve
- Mt. Kenya
- Lake Naivasha
- Masai Village
- Tanzania Game Parks Extension, including the Ngorongoro Crater
- San Cristobal Hill (Santiago)
- Picturesque Bariloche
- Buenos Aires City Tour
- Tango Show (Buenos Aires)
- Iguassu Falls
- Sugar Loaf Mountain (Rio)
- Copacabana (Rio)
- Explore Moscow's attraction - Red Square, St. Basil's Cathedral
- Visit Kremlin (Moscow)
- See the Czar’s Cannon (Moscow)
- Enjoy a guided tour to Armory Museum (Moscow)
- Optional Moscow Metro Tour
- See the Governor’s Palace in Yaroslavl
- Enjoy a magnificent walking tour on the fairy tale island of Kizhi
- Explore the culture and the architecture in St. Petersburg
- Visit Hermitage Museum
- See the picturesque Queenstown
- Explore Milford Sound one of the most scenic in the world
- After a spectacukar visit to Dunedin have a great Farm Stay (Fairlie, NZ)
- See the Great Barrier Reef (Cairns)
- Explore Sydney Opera House
- See the impressive Harbor Bridge (Sydney)
- Awesome Australian Wildlife Park (Sydney)
- Visit the great Pyramids of Giza
- See the great Sphinx of Giza
- Visit the Aswan High Dam and Philae’s Temple of Isis
- See the Ptolemaic Temple for Horus and Sobek
- Visit Temple of Queen Hatshepsut
- Visit the ancient Temples of Karnak and Luxor
- Visit the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities
- Enjoy a walking tour of the colorful Khan El Khalili Bazaar district
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Wildlife Experiences
Snorkeling with giant sea turtles, walking among multi-colored iguanas, and watching the blue-footed booby dance in the Galapagos Islands.
Waking up in your safari tent to an African sunrise and a view of zebras, giraffes and elephants drinking at a nearby water hole.
Hiking through the jungles of Costa Rica, with camera ready to photograph colorful tropical birds.
Catching a glimpse of a shy koala in the treetops while traveling through Australia, while marveling at the sheer number of kangaroos.
Witnessing one of the world’s most incredible wildlife spectacles, the Great Migration of wildebeest in East Africa, each late summer and early fall.
Coming upon a herd of bison in the middle of the road in Yellowstone National Park and quickly realizing that they will cross in their own good time.
Spotting a bear snatching salmon out of a stream along the Alaskan coast.
Visiting Komodo Island in Indonesia to view the legendary Komodo dragons,the world's largest lizards.
Hearing the eerie cries of howler monkeys while traveling down the Amazon by riverboat.
Scanning the waters for breaching whales while on a whale-watching expedition in the Caribbean or off the Mexican coast.
Tracking rare mountain gorillas and chimpanzees in Uganda, Rwanda and the Congo.
Going ashore in Antarctica to find a huge colony of penguins hanging out on the rocky beach.
Searching for lemurs and many other species unique to the island of Madagascar, off the coast of southern Africa.
Wildlife Trip Reviews
12,036 Wildlife Tour Reviews - Summary 97% Recommend
All Wildlife tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.7 for all Wildlife trips.