Thailand Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Visit Buddhist Temples (Bangkok)
- See the Floating Market (Bangkok)
- Explore Grand Palace (Bangkok)
- Wat Mongkol Borpith Statue (Ayutthaya)
- Visit Elephant Camp (Chiang Mai)
- Wat Doi Suthep (Chiang Mai)
- Temples of Angkor Wat
- Tenle Sap Lake Boat Trip (Siem Reap)
- Buddhist Temples (Bangkok)
- Floating Market (Bangkok)
- Grand Palace (Bangkok)
- Wat Mongkol Borpith Statue (Ayutthaya)
- Elephant Camp (Chiang Mai)
- Wat Doi Suthep (Chiang Mai)
- Whip up a culinary storm in Sukhothai, creating and tasting delicious local dishes at a cooking class with a local host.
- Pay your respect at the memorials by the infamous ‘Bridge over the River Kwai’ – learn about its dark history and the construction of the death railway in Kanchanaburi during the war.
- Immerse yourself in the wonders of an ancient tribal culture with a night in the Hmong lodge, treated to a barbecue dinner and Hmong cultural show.
- Experience an unforgettable day in the company of the giants of the jungle, Asian elephants, on a journey that will teach you about conservation and animal protection in this region.
- Uncover the ancient charms of Siam’s capitals, Ayutthaya and Sukhothai, as you wander around the ruin-filled Historical Parks, full of temples and significant buildings.
- Support an important animal welfare initiative and get close to incredible creatures at Chang Chill Elephant Park
- Discover the secrets to Thai cuisine, pick up some impressive new culinary skills and taste delicious local dishes in a Chiang Mai cooking class.
- Work up an appetite with a leisurely cycle through the ancient Buddhas and ruined temples of World Heritage-listed Sukhothai Park, then feast on a home-cooked picnic lunch.
- See how the locals live on a bicycle ride through your homestay village. Ride past the rice fields and breathe in the fresh country air, with beautiful mountains in the distance.
- The trip may be quick, but it is packed full of experiences that will give you great insight into Cambodia in a short amount of time
- Begin your adventure in bustling Bangkok, full of interesting sights and delectable cuisine. With the option of adding an extra couple of days before your trip begins, you’ll fit into the lifestyle of South East Asia straight away
- As well as a guided tour, you’ll also have a three-day Angkor pass to cover your whole time in Siem Reap, so that you can explore this incredible temple complex as much and as often as you like
- Discover the temple ruins at Sambor Prei Kuk and enjoy a local village homestay to experience everyday life in rural Cambodia.
- Learn the confronting yet important history of Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek in Phnom Penh
- Discover a world of Thai food beyond the obvious (and delicious!) pad thai and green curry – from boat noodles in Ayutthaya to khao soi in Chiang Mai, and everything in between.
- Let your group leader guide you through the best local hawker stalls and food markets of the country’s bustling capital, Bangkok.
- Whip up northern Thai khantohk specialities just outside of Chiang Mai, and experience Thai life from a local's perspective with a village homestay.
- Encounter the eye-opening and surprising world of Thai food markets, filled with unpredictable tastes and found in unexpected places – on a river or set up on a railway track!
- Cook Central Thai regional dishes and feast on your creations while you float down the river on a cruise.
- Discover a different side of Kuala Lumpur – away from the skyscrapers – on a half-day street food tour through the alleyways, uncovering flavours you need to be a local to know.
- Dive into a nature lover’s paradise at Khao Sok National Park, exploring, hiking, relaxing, and cruising by longtail boat on a limestone cliff-circled lake.
- Taste Thai traditions while learning how to cook authentic dishes with your host, during a village visit in Krabi.
- Encounter the fusion of cultures that gives Penang a unique atmosphere; walk down the backstreets where colonial buildings, tumble-down shops and hawker-filled alleyways meld with cool street art.
- Find a slice of paradise on an included sea kayaking trip through the stunning inlets, caves and hidden lagoons of the Ao Thalane mangrove forests.
- Cycle off the main streets and into the heart and soul of Bangkok with a backstreets bike tour
- Even the transport on this trip is an adventure – travel like the locals on an overnight sleeper train, a real Intrepid experience and a great chance to interact with the Thai people
- Get the heart pumping on a 3 day trek through scenic and enlightening northern hilltribe villages, and experience rural Thai life from a local's perspective with two nights in village homestays
- Explore areas of Chiang Mai rarely seen by visitors with 2 days cycling through local neighbourhoods, discovering everyday Thai life that thrives in the backstreets
- Uncover a different side to the River Kwai with 2 days peaceful kayaking down its waters, through tropical forest and with beautiful mountain views
- Travel from Thailand's lively capital and activity-filled Chiang Mai, to the riverside tranquillity of Laos and its stunning scenery.
- Ensure your holiday gives back by supporting organisations like COPE, which helps those injured by unexploded ordinance left from the Vietnam war.
- Rock the night away on the rails on a sleeper train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, then drift down the Mekong on a slow boat.
- Discover just why Luang Prabang has UNESCO status as you uncover the French Colonial influence, beautiful temples, traditional arts and the world renown night markets.
- Indulge in a sweet and socially responsible treat at Laos Buffalo Dairy, an enterprise that produces delicious ice-cream while giving back to the community.
- Discover the mysterious beauty of the Lao jungle as you walk side by side with recently rescued elephants on stroll through their natural habitat at Mandalao. Read more about this Intrepid Foundation supported project here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/elephant-sanctuary-laos/
- Rise with the sun and watch saffron-robed monks shuffle between houses, where the faithful wait with offerings as part of an alms giving ritual.
- This is one of the original Intrepid journeys that started it all. Discover why Northern Thailand was chosen all those years back as an ideal destination to launch a world of travel experiences.
- Experience rural Thai life with multi-day trek through scenic hilltribe villages in the remote Thai countryside, meeting welcoming locals and sharing laughs along the way.
- Visit the home of the infamous ‘Bridge over the River Kwai’, learning about its dark history and the construction of the railway during the war.
- Even the transport on this trip is an adventure – discover the joys of travelling on overnight sleeper trains, longtail boats, songthaew and rafthouses.
- Indulge in an organic farm to plate cooking demonstration and lunch at a farm stay in the Mae Chan District – full of heat, spice and fresh food, you won’t go hungry!
- Leave behind the vibrant, modern pizzazz of Phuket and set sail on the beautifully calm waters of the Andaman Sea
- There are few things more relaxing than sleeping out beneath the stars, rocked by the gentle pitch of a yacht
- Slip into the indulgent beach-loving life with walks on the finest white sand, and swims and snorkels in the inviting azure waters of Thailand’s best beaches
- Feast on delicious food with no effort at all, with the on-board chef whipping up Thai favourites
- Just relax: the biggest decision of the day is whether to paddleboard or kayak
- Is Angkor the most incredible thing in South East Asia? Decide for yourself as you temple-hop with an expert local guide around the complex.
- Appreciate the work of Friends International at their Futures Factory, a dining and creative space, dedicated to training vulnerable Cambodian youth to work in the hospitality industry.
- Learn more about Cambodia's confronting but important history, with visits to the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek.
- A homestay in Banteay Chhmar puts you right in the heart of everyday village life in Cambodia
- There's loads of free time to make your own fun and embark on your own experiences – zip-lining over rainforest or a cyclo tour, anyone?
- Discover real Thai countryside and its people with a 3-day trek into the hills of Northern Thailand
- Local guides deepen the learning and appreciation of different villages, each with their own language, clothing style and belief systems
- Meet and chat with friendly villagers and discover more about their unique cultures
- Stay in atmospheric wooden houses in different hilltribe villages each night
- Explore remote villages, help prepare evening meals, and feast on traditional hilltribe cuisine
- Start and finish in the temple-studded city of Chiang Mai, making this short break adventure an easy add-on to a Northern Thailand journey
- Explore the ancient and modern history of Thailand with a three-day trip from Bangkok, taking in Kanchanaburi and Ayutthaya.
- Uncover a golden age of Siam with the royal residences and atmospheric temples of ancient Ayutthaya.
- Swim in idyllic rock pools fed by waterfalls in the seven-tiered Erawan National Park.
- Take a ride on the Death Railway and learn all about this tragic part of history at the Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum.
- Travel by samlaw to the infamous Bridge on the River Kwai
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Thailand Experiences
Experiencing the infamous Bangkok nightlife
Enjoying a relaxing Thailand retreat and getting away from it all
Learning the history of Chiang Mai
Snorkeling in famous blue waters along Thailand’s coastline of idyllic beaches
Tasting authentic Thai cuisine on a food tour and visiting bustling street food markets
Hiking among beautiful landscapes in Chiang Mai
Thailand Trip Reviews
1,779 Thailand Tour Reviews - Summary 96% Recommend
All Thailand tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.7 for all Thailand trips.