River Rafting Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Activities & Interests
Attractions & Cities Visited
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Impacted by Climate Change
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
- White water raft on the Pacuare River as you take in the stunning scenery and abundant wildlife.
- Soar high above the tropical rainforest and wave to Arenal Volcano on a zip line.
- Experience Monteverde's wildlife come to life as you tour the cloud forest at night. Watch out for the nocturnal tapir!
- Set sail on a catamaran at Manuel Antonio National Park on Costa Rica's lush Caribbean coast.
- See parrotfish, starfish, angelfish and more as you snorkel in the warm turquoise waters of the Caribbean.
- Relax and unwind on Jamaica’s white-powdered beaches and aquamarine sea.
- Enjoy an organic farm tour with an alfresco lunch.
- Stay in an elegant tree house in the jungle.
- Experience Bamboo rafting on the Rio Grande.
- Take a privately guided tour of Jamaica’s lively capital, Kingston.
- A canal safari along the pristine waterways of Tortuguero National Park reveals a stunning variety of tropical flora and fauna.
- Enjoy splendid volcano views from the relaxing mineral springs of your Arenal resort!
- Personalize your trip with the included guided adventure of your choice at Arenal.
- Travelers love our resorts in Arenal and the wide range of activities available... So feel free to addd extra nights here – or at any of our fine resorts and lodges!
- Manuel Antonio is the crown jewel of Costa Rica’s national parks... Let our expert naturalist guide reveal the many natural wonders of this pristine coastal reserve.
- Visit a local horse farm to meet affable Icelandic horses first brought to the country by Viking settlers
- Discover some of Iceland's Saga-like history at the Settlement Center in Borgarnes.
- Enjoy views of colorful mountain cliffs, pristine fjords, and fertile valleys where horses graze.
- Visit a museum dedicated to this once-thriving industry before returning to Akureyri.
- Visit the stunning Gullfoss waterfall
- Visit a flower farm that relies on geothermal energy to grow lilies, roses and other species.
- Raft down the Pancuare River
- Tour Caño Palma Wildlife Reserve and Tortuguero National Park
- Spot local wildlife such as the ghost monkey and elusive jaguar
- Soak in the healing mineral waters of Tabacón Hot Springs
- Watch nature’s “fireworks” show at the Arenal Volcano
- Horseback ride through the rainforest or visit the Arenal Hanging Bridges
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top River Rafting Experiences
Rafting through Raft Badger and Soap Creek rapids of Grand Canyon
Hiking to explore the Grand Canyon which can only be accessed from the river
Seeing beautiful Kackar Mountains while rafting Coruh River in Turkey
Stopping to camp at a sandy beach
Gathering around campfire and listening to river legends
Spotting amazing wildlife and beautiful landscapes
Seeing monkeys while rafting through Sun Kosi River of Nepal
River Rafting Trip Reviews
1,351 River Rafting Tour Reviews - Summary 98% Recommend
All River Rafting tours, cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.8 for all River Rafting trips.