Antarctic Explorer: From Buenos Aires (Ocean Endeavour) 2015 - 16
- Marvel at the spectacular terrain of Antarctica
- Spot rare birds while cruising through the Beagle Channel
- Gaze out across the vast Southern Ocean
- Cross the wild and wintery Drake Passage
- Scan the seas for whales and seals
- Pass between crisp icebergs
- Set foot on the Great White Continent
What's this trip about?
- Please note that some of our included activities are contingent on weather conditions
- We'll arrange an alternative if an included activity is deemed unsafe
Before your adventure to the bottom of the Earth, spend the night experiencing the lively bars, restaurants and tango clubs of Argentina's capital city.
Climb aboard and set sail through the exquisite Beagle Channel. Stay on the lookout for penguins, cormorants, petrels and albatross.
As the trip navigates through the famous waters of the Drake Passage, start to experience some of Antarctica’s rare wildlife. While the mixing of polar and temperate waters occurs, the nutrient-rich waters rise to the surface and draw in a host of seabirds, whales and marine life, so look out for a feeding spectacle.
Venture into the heart of the Antarctic waters, as the voyage travels through various weather, ice and ocean conditions. Expect the unexpected, and be ready to disembark in order to meet the local penguins, or maybe go for a ‘polar plunge’ in the icy waters of Neko Harbour.
The adventure winds up with a trip back over the Drake Passage. Head out to the deck to enjoy your last taste of crisp Antarctic air and watch the seabirds soaring overhead. Now is a great chance to spend some time with your new friends onboard – relax over a few drinks, swap photos and share memories of your Antarctic experience.
Wind down this Antarctic Expedition back on solid ground as the trip disembarks in Ushuaia and you fly back to Buenos Aires.
Your trip, your way, planned by an expert:
- You choose budget, destinations, activities, transport & lodging type
- Expert designs the itinerary for you, and once approved, takes care of logistics
Check Current Availability, prices, specials with Intrepid Travel.
The total tour cost includes the tour price (regular or promotional) and the compulsory local payment. The promotional price is subject to change. Check directly with the operator for the latest price offer. The tour operator requires you to pay only the tour price to purchase your travel. The compulsory local payment will be paid when you join the trip. All prices are based on double, twin or triple share occupancy. Solo passengers will be accommodated in a double, twin or triple room according to availability with a passenger(s) of the same gender. Single supplement only needs to be paid if the passenger does not want to share and requests their own room. Discounts can only be applied at the time of booking and cannot be added at a later date, regardless of any changes made to the original booking.
Prices may vary due to local taxes and trip seasonality. Click "Request Info" to inquire directly with the tour operator for the final trip price.
We joined the Intrepid “Real Italy Food…
We joined the Intrepid “Real Italy Food Tour” and enjoyed it thoroughly. Our tour guide, Micol, was very knowledgeable and provided us with lots of good information....
Central Asia Explorer
This was my third trip with Intrepid, and I'll continue to plan future trips with them. I choose Intrepid to travel to parts of the world where I don't feel comforta...
The Intrepid Travel Experience
If you’re looking for adventure, you’ve come to the right place. For the past 25 years, we’ve been taking small groups of travelers on unforgettable trips around the world. What makes them unforgettable? Take a look for yourself and discover the Intrepid experience.
Our travelers have three styles of tour to choose from: Basix, Original and Comfort. Each has a different level of inclusions and accommodation, but all have unforgettable real life experiences as part of the package. Travellers can also choose themed trips, such as Family, Sailing or Food, to suit their interests.
Our group size has an average of just ten travellers, which allows us to get off the beaten track, use local accommodation and transport, and really get to know the culture. It also ensures we are contributing to the local economy; by choosing local suppliers we were able to keep AUD 60 million in local economies in 2012. We’re also working hard to reduce our carbon footprint and were the first in our sector to introduce carbon offset trips. This, along with our many corporate sustainability activities, has meant we’re one of the travel industry’s leaders in responsible travel.
- Small groups - average of 10 people per trip
- Sustainability - pioneers for the industry
- Local leaders - authentic perspectives
- Local transport - get close and personal
- Local accommodation - experience real living
- Intrepid travelers - like-minded companions
Intrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of The Intrepid Group, taking over 100,000 travelers every year.
Intrepid Travel is part of The Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Urban Adventures and PEAK DMC.
Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning.
On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:
- Integrity – Doing the right thing
- Responsible – Think global, act local
- Growth – Stakeholders in our own success
- Innovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing change
- Fun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we do
- Passion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
Find your perfect trip
11 Breakfasts, 9 Lunches, 10 Dinners
- Save up to $700 per person
- Access members-only specials
- Personalize trip recommendations