Best of Tasmania
- Explore Australia’s oldest temperate rainforest with a visit to takayna / Tarkine– home to unique species that have evolved over hundreds of millions of years and are a living connection to the Gondwana supercontinent.
- Hike the Dove Lake Circuit in Cradle Mountain National Park – passing the immense lake, high peaks of the mountain and lush vegetation while looking out for wombats.
- See the highlights of the picturesque Tasman Peninsula, including the rock formations of Tasman Arch and Devil’s Kitchen, the Tessellated Pavement and the tragically historic Port Arthur.
- Join a bush tucker experience and learn all about the culturally rich landscape with a palawa (Tasmanian Aboriginal) guide then browse through the Salamanca Market in historic Hobart.
- Discover the rugged beauty and delicious flavours of Bruny Island as you sample local delicacies and explore the national parkland where towering cliffs fall away into the crashing sea.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Greening Australia. Donations help them tackle Australia’s complex environmental challenges, restoring landscapes at scale – in ways that work for communities, economies and nature.
What's this trip about?
- Cradle Coast - Visit to Penguin Village
- Cradle Coast - Narawntapu National Park
- Stanley - The Nut
- Cradle Coast - Cradle to Coast Tasting Trail
- Cradle Coast - Mersey Bluff Petroglyphs
- Cradle Coast - Welcome to Country Ceremony
- Cradle Coast - Tiagarra Tasmanian Aboriginal Cultural Centre and Keeping Place
- takayna / Tarkine - Trowutta Arch
- takayna / Tarkine - Lake Chisholm Sinkhole
- takayna / Tarkine - Edge of the World
- Waratah - Philosopher Falls
- Cradle Coast - Rocky Cape National Park
- Cradle Coast - Boat Harbour Beach
- Waratah - Hellyer Gorge
- Cradle Mountain - Dove Lake Circuit walk
- Port Arthur - Historic Site Visit & Harbour Cruise
- Tasman Peninsula - Remarkable Cave
- Tasman Peninsula - Tasman Arch
- Tasman Peninsula - Devils Kitchen
- Hobart - Salamanca Markets
- piyura kitina / Risdon Cove - Palawa kipli bush tucker tour
- Hobart - kunanyi / Mount Wellington scenic drive
- Hartz Mountains National Park - Short walks
- Huon Valley - Honey & cider farm visits
- Bruny Island - Full day tour
- Bruny Island - South Bruny National Park
- Bruny Island - Local produce, beer or wine tasting
- Bruny Island - Truganini Lookout
Welcome to Tasmania! Your adventure starts early with an 8 am welcome meeting in Launceston – one of Australia’s oldest cities. Your first stop this morning will be the Tiagarra Museum on Mersey Bluff in Devonport. Enjoy a Welcome to Country ceremony and guided tour a...
Today, you’ll explore takayna / Tarkine – home to the largest temperate rainforest in Australia and the second largest in the world. Rich with geological wonders, Aboriginal history and unique creatures with habitats not found anywhere else on earth, explore sites lik...
Today, you’ll travel to Corinna via Rocky Cape National Park – home to windswept heathlands, sea caves, rock pools and twisted rocks formed over millions of years. Continue to the historic lighthouse at Table Cape and the stunning Boat Harbour Beach. Stop by Hellyer G...
Get active today as your free time this morning allows for optional kayaking or hiking around the Corinna area, exploring the Pieman River and Tarkine Rainforest. After lunch, head to the stunning Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park, where your accommodation f...
After breakfast, hike the scenic Dove Lake Circuit this morning in Tasmania’s iconic Cradle Mountain area. This trail will take you around the lake and beneath the impressive spires of the mountain, passing gorgeous scenery along the way. As the circuit is board-walke...
After breakfast hit the road for Hobart (or nipaluna in the language of the muwinina and palawa peoples, the Traditional Owners of the land on which Hobart is now located). On arrival have another welcome meeting for new members of your group. Then move onto the Port ...
This morning after breakfast, drive down the beautiful Tasman Peninsula, passing through the narrow sliver of Eaglehawk Neck. Stop at Tasman Arch, Devil’s Kitchen and the Tessellated Pavement to view the unusual rock formations. Head back to Hobart, where the vibrant ...
Today, you’ll drive to the top of kunanyi / Mount Wellington to take in some magnificent views over the city and its surrounding mountains, forests and waterways. Then, drive into the Hartz Mountains wilderness, where you'll explore the remote and rugged place shaped ...
This morning you’ll hop on the ferry over to Bruny Island – one of the most gorgeous spots in Tassie! Climb 279 steps to Truganini Lookout at The Neck for sweeping views, Indigenous history and wildlife spotting. Explore South Bruny National Park, where the Cape Bruny...
Your trip, your way, planned by an expert:
- You choose budget, destinations, activities, transport & lodging type
- Expert designs the itinerary for you, and once approved, takes care of logistics
Check Current Availability, prices, specials with Intrepid Travel.
The total tour cost includes the tour price (regular or promotional) and the compulsory local payment. The promotional price is subject to change. Check directly with the operator for the latest price offer. The tour operator requires you to pay only the tour price to purchase your travel. The compulsory local payment will be paid when you join the trip. All prices are based on double, twin or triple share occupancy. Solo passengers will be accommodated in a double, twin or triple room according to availability with a passenger(s) of the same gender. Single supplement only needs to be paid if the passenger does not want to share and requests their own room. Discounts can only be applied at the time of booking and cannot be added at a later date, regardless of any changes made to the original booking.
Prices may vary due to local taxes and trip seasonality. Click "Request Info" to inquire directly with the tour operator for the final trip price.
We joined the Intrepid “Real Italy Food…
We joined the Intrepid “Real Italy Food Tour” and enjoyed it thoroughly. Our tour guide, Micol, was very knowledgeable and provided us with lots of good information....
Central Asia Explorer
This was my third trip with Intrepid, and I'll continue to plan future trips with them. I choose Intrepid to travel to parts of the world where I don't feel comforta...
The Intrepid Travel Experience
If you’re looking for adventure, you’ve come to the right place. For the past 25 years, we’ve been taking small groups of travelers on unforgettable trips around the world. What makes them unforgettable? Take a look for yourself and discover the Intrepid experience.
Our travelers have three styles of tour to choose from: Basix, Original and Comfort. Each has a different level of inclusions and accommodation, but all have unforgettable real life experiences as part of the package. Travellers can also choose themed trips, such as Family, Sailing or Food, to suit their interests.
Our group size has an average of just ten travellers, which allows us to get off the beaten track, use local accommodation and transport, and really get to know the culture. It also ensures we are contributing to the local economy; by choosing local suppliers we were able to keep AUD 60 million in local economies in 2012. We’re also working hard to reduce our carbon footprint and were the first in our sector to introduce carbon offset trips. This, along with our many corporate sustainability activities, has meant we’re one of the travel industry’s leaders in responsible travel.
- Small groups - average of 10 people per trip
- Sustainability - pioneers for the industry
- Local leaders - authentic perspectives
- Local transport - get close and personal
- Local accommodation - experience real living
- Intrepid travelers - like-minded companions
Intrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of The Intrepid Group, taking over 100,000 travelers every year.
Intrepid Travel is part of The Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Urban Adventures and PEAK DMC.
Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning.
On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:
- Integrity – Doing the right thing
- Responsible – Think global, act local
- Growth – Stakeholders in our own success
- Innovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing change
- Fun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we do
- Passion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
Find your perfect trip
Transportation & Flights
Transportation & flights
- Save up to $700 per person
- Access members-only specials
- Personalize trip recommendations