Iceland's Classic Northern Lights
- Make the most of Iceland’s long winter nights by tracking down the shimmering lights of the aurora borealis.
- Explore one of Europe’s largest ice caps on an adventurous walk over the alien landscape of Solheimajokull Glacier, and bask in the spray of the spectacular Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss falls.
- Get a taste for Iceland’s local flavours with a visit to a workshop where they use native ingredients to make herbal teas, jams and salts, all created by a family of sustainability champions.
- See the sights that make Iceland’s famous Golden Circle so celebrated, from Gulfoss Waterfall to Strokkur Geysir and Thingvellir National Park.
- There are few things more quintessentially Icelandic than soaking in a geothermal pool – experience it for yourself during a visit to the lesser-known Secret Lagoon.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll learn about our Intrepid Foundation partner, Eden Reforestation Projects. Donations help them provide local employment opportunities and tackle climate change one tree at a time as they restore forests across 10 different countries. Intrepid will double the impact by dollar-matching all post-trip donations made to The Intrepid Foundation.
What's this trip about?
- Reykjanes Peninsula - Herbal tea and salt workshop visit
- Reykjanes Peninsula - Gunnuhver hot springs
- Reykjanes Peninsula - Bridge between Continents
- Reykjanes Peninsula - Strandarkirkja
- Aurora Spotting (weather dependent)
- Golden Circle - Strokkur Geysir
- Fludir - Secret Lagoon
- Golden Circle - Gullfoss Waterfall
- Aurora Spotting (weather dependent)
- South Coast - Kvernufoss Waterfall Hike
- South Coast - Seljalandsfoss Waterfall
- South Coast - Skogafoss Waterfall visit
- South Coast - Solheimajokull Glacier Hike
- Aurora Spotting (weather dependent)
- Reykjavik - Leader-led walking tour
- Golden Circle - Thingvellir National Park
Welcome to Iceland! Your adventure begins in Reykjavik, the world’s northernmost capital and an eclectic place full of charm. At 6 pm you’ll meet your local leader and travel companions at an important welcome meeting at your hotel. If you arrive in Reykjavik with tim...
Wake up and take a moment to breathe in the fresh Icelandic air before heading out towards the Reykjanes Peninsula. Stop at family-run workshop where they use native Icelandic ingredients to make herbal teas, jams and salts. Tour their production area and learn more a...
Today is all about exploring Iceland’s famous Golden Circle. Head to the geyser geothermal area to check out Strokkur and watch as the geyser swells with blue water before erupting and shooting some 20-30 metres in the air. Marvel at the immense beauty and sheer power...
Start the day by visiting the magical Seljalandsfoss waterfall and take a walk behind its cascade for a different perspective, followed by the powerful Skogafoss waterfall, one of Iceland's biggest at a width of 25 metres and a drop of 60 metres. From here embark on a...
It’s time to head back to Reykjavik. En route, stop at Thingvellir National Park to see the Parliament Plains, the site of Iceland’s first parliament. Thingvellir also contains the Silfra fissure, where the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates are slowly pullin...
Your trip, your way, planned by an expert:
- You choose budget, destinations, activities, transport & lodging type
- Expert designs the itinerary for you, and once approved, takes care of logistics
Check Current Availability, prices, specials with Intrepid Travel.
The total tour cost includes the tour price (regular or promotional) and the compulsory local payment. The promotional price is subject to change. Check directly with the operator for the latest price offer. The tour operator requires you to pay only the tour price to purchase your travel. The compulsory local payment will be paid when you join the trip. All prices are based on double, twin or triple share occupancy. Solo passengers will be accommodated in a double, twin or triple room according to availability with a passenger(s) of the same gender. Single supplement only needs to be paid if the passenger does not want to share and requests their own room. Discounts can only be applied at the time of booking and cannot be added at a later date, regardless of any changes made to the original booking.
Prices may vary due to local taxes and trip seasonality. Click "Request Info" to inquire directly with the tour operator for the final trip price.
We joined the Intrepid “Real Italy Food…
We joined the Intrepid “Real Italy Food Tour” and enjoyed it thoroughly. Our tour guide, Micol, was very knowledgeable and provided us with lots of good information....
Central Asia Explorer
This was my third trip with Intrepid, and I'll continue to plan future trips with them. I choose Intrepid to travel to parts of the world where I don't feel comforta...
The Intrepid Travel Experience
If you’re looking for adventure, you’ve come to the right place. For the past 25 years, we’ve been taking small groups of travelers on unforgettable trips around the world. What makes them unforgettable? Take a look for yourself and discover the Intrepid experience.
Our travelers have three styles of tour to choose from: Basix, Original and Comfort. Each has a different level of inclusions and accommodation, but all have unforgettable real life experiences as part of the package. Travellers can also choose themed trips, such as Family, Sailing or Food, to suit their interests.
Our group size has an average of just ten travellers, which allows us to get off the beaten track, use local accommodation and transport, and really get to know the culture. It also ensures we are contributing to the local economy; by choosing local suppliers we were able to keep AUD 60 million in local economies in 2012. We’re also working hard to reduce our carbon footprint and were the first in our sector to introduce carbon offset trips. This, along with our many corporate sustainability activities, has meant we’re one of the travel industry’s leaders in responsible travel.
- Small groups - average of 10 people per trip
- Sustainability - pioneers for the industry
- Local leaders - authentic perspectives
- Local transport - get close and personal
- Local accommodation - experience real living
- Intrepid travelers - like-minded companions
Intrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of The Intrepid Group, taking over 100,000 travelers every year.
Intrepid Travel is part of The Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Urban Adventures and PEAK DMC.
Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning.
On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:
- Integrity – Doing the right thing
- Responsible – Think global, act local
- Growth – Stakeholders in our own success
- Innovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing change
- Fun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we do
- Passion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
Find your perfect trip
Transportation & Flights
Transportation & flights
- Save up to $700 per person
- Access members-only specials
- Personalize trip recommendations