50-Plus Travel Tours & Trips 2020
Filter to find perfect
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Retreats Similar to a self guided tour but staying in one location only with activities and day outings included as a part of the stay.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Attractions & Cities Visited
Activities & Interests
Flexible schedule A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full schedule For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Balanced schedule You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Flight & Transport Inclusions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Rivers & Seas Visitied
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Travelstride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
- Florence: The Pazzi and de Medici feud is brought to light in this visit to the 12th-century Castle of Trebbio where you will enjoy a traditional Tuscan Be My Guest buffet, explore the cellars, and indulge in olive oil and wine tasting.
- Rome: During an orientation with your Travel Director see the medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches scattered throughout the city.
- Vatican: Visit Vatican City and tour St. Peter's Basilica with a Local Specialist. Witness the early genius of Michelangelo as you take in the Pietà.
- Rome: Experience Rome through the eyes of a local, as a passionate Roman guides you past the city's most iconic sites.
- Tuscany: View the stunning landscape of Tuscany on your drive today.
- Florence: Join a Local Specialist to view the multi-coloured marble cathedral, bell tower and baptistery, adorned by Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise. Visit the political heart of the city, Signoria Square.
- Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods, and witness a gold and leatherwork demonstration.
- Switzerland: Marvel at the Alpine landscape as you drive past breathtakingly beautiful mountains and valleys.
- Lucerne: During an orientation with your Travel Director, see the Lion Monument, Old Town Hall and Chapel Bridge, the oldest wooden covered bridge in Europe.
- Paris: Join a Local Specialist to discover the hidden squares and secret lanes of Paris.
- London: See London's iconic sites with a Local Specialist.
- Venice: Learn about the history and ancient skill of Venetian glassblowing, playing your role in ensuring the survival of this traditional craft through your visit.
- Explore Rome, Florence, Paris and London with a Local Specialist
- Discover Venice and Lucerne
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica in Rome and a glassblowing factory in Venice
- View the Colosseum and other ancient sites in Rome, St. Mark's Basilica in Venice, the Lion Monument and the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne, the Champs-Élysées, the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, the White Cliffs of Dover, Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament in London
- See the Tuscan countryside, the vineyards of Burgundy and the Somme Battlefield in France
- Scenic Cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square in Venice
Wonders of Egypt (Winter, Classic)
- Luxor: Get to know your fellow travelers over a delightful Welcome Drink followed by dinner.
- Cairo: Join the fun at an Egyptian dinner and galabeya party, dressed in traditional Egyptian attire.
- Aswan: Follow in the footsteps of Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie as you enjoy high tea at Aswan's famous Old Cataract Hotel, as the sun begins to set.
- Luxor: Enjoy listening to stories of village life from local residents, when you visit a family home for a tasting of authentic Egyptian sun bread.
- Cairo: Cruise to Qursaya Island by boat and meet the members of VeryNile, the first large scale initiative to clean the Nile. The project supports residents with low income, most of them being fishermen and their family, through employment opportunities such as collecting, sorting, compacting, and creating products out of collected recyclables. Through their cleaning, and prevention campaign, the ensures the preservation of the local biodiversity. This experience advances UN Sustainable Development Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities and 14: Life Below Water. Alternatively, choose to explore Cairo Citadel and see the Great Alabaster Mosque.
- Cairo: Take a short scenic flight to Luxor where you will begin your Nile Cruise.
- Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man, as your Egyptologist explains the significance behind it. Walk the avenue of ram-headed sphinxes, see the of Rameses II and the Hypostyle Hall.
- Luxor: Visit the Luxor Museum and discover ancient artefacts.
- Colossi of Memnon: See the massive stone statues of the Colossi of Memnon.
- Valley of the Kings: Embark on an experience with an Egyptologist to visit the mortuary Temple Hatshepsut.
- Valley of the Kings: Explore with an Egyptologist the Valley of the Kings which is home to the magnificent tombs of Egypt's Pharaohs.
- Luxor: Visit Luxor Temple, constructed approximately 1400 BC. Look to the top of the remaining Pylon of Ramses II and step into the ancient monument.
- Kom Ombo: Visit the unique temple as it is the only double temple in Egypt.
- Aswan: Visit Aswan's High Dam and Granite Quarries to ponder why the Unfinished Obelisk has been left in mid-creation for thousands of years.
- Philae Island: Travel by motorboat to Philae Island and witness the majestic Temple of Isis rising from the waters.
- Aswan: On a traditional Nile felucca, meet a sailor and learn the art of sailing this ancient Nile craft. Visit the High Dam and Granite Quarries.
- Aswan: Enjoy your short flight back to Cairo for your final night.
- Giza: With your Egyptologist, meet the enigmatic Sphinx and venture deep inside one of the pyramids, to the chambers where the pharaohs went to meet their Gods in the afterlife.
- Memphis: Visit this famous capital of the ancient world to see the statue of Ramses II and the Great Alabaster Sphinx.
- Saqqara Necropolis: View the oldest pyramid in the world, the Step Pyramid of Zoser I, existing for over 4,500 years.
- Cairo: With your Egyptologist, gaze upon Tutankhamun's treasures at the Egyptian Musuem, gaze upon the most recognisable symbols of ancient Egypt: the full-faced funeral mask, gold coffin, gilded throne and precious jewellery - all treasures of Tutankhamun.
- Cairo: Guided by your Local Expert, explore the Cairo Citadel and see the Great Alabaster Mosque.
- Giza: Be mesmerised by the Sound & Light Show at the Great Pyramids.
The Beautiful Blue Danube
- Tour the major capital cities along the Danube
- Bask in the idyllic landscapes of the Wachau Valley
- EXCURSIONS INCLUDED:
- Imperial Vienna and the Schoenbrunn Palace
- Budapest, 2000 years of history
Spectacular South Africa (Small Groups, NoTrain)
- Cape Peninsula: Take the sweeping roads connecting the scenic bays of Cape Peninsula on one of the world’s legendary drives. Slip through the quaint beauty of Hout Bay and traverse the mountain road of Chapman’s Peak on your journey to Cape Point.
- Cape Point Nature Reserve: Wander the immaculate wilderness and distinctive flora of Cape Point Nature Reserve in the invigorating ocean breeze. Spot resident creatures from the sprightly reebok to the evasive eland alongside the striking Cape Mountain zebra and the legendary Cape baboons.
- Cape Point Nature Reserve: Pay a visit to the secluded Boulders Beach and marvel at its local residents, a colony of African penguins who can be seen frolicking in the water.
- Table Mountain: Rise to the summit of Table Mountain in the famous cable car and look out to 360-degree views across Cape Town, Lion’s Head, and the Atlantic Ocean. Watch the sunset with glass in hand at a mountaintop drinks reception.
- Cape Winelands: Meander through the luscious green countryside north of Cape Town on a scenic drive through the wineland towns of Paarl, Stellenbosch, and Franschhoek. See the valley spread before you as you pass the region’s numerous vineyards, wineries, and cheese farm stalls.
- Winelands: Relax and enjoy the view as you are returned to Cape Town in a chauffeur-driven vintage car. Gaze out to the beauty of the passing scenery in the late afternoon sun as you reflect on your day’s adventure in the winelands.
- Robben Island: Enjoy a visit to the Amy Foundation, a non-profit organisation. On this MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience witness how the lives of vulnerable young people are being transformed through a variety of empowering programmes.
- Robben Island: Meet an ex-political prisoner and hear their first-hand stories on your visit to the poignant historical facility of Robben Island. Explore the former jail under the guidance of a knowledgeable Local Expert and discover the tales of Nelson Mandela’s famous exile.
- Kruger National Park: Venture deep into the heart of one of the world’s largest game reserves on a thrilling three-day safari. Experience six game drives in a private, open-air safari vehicle and keep your eyes peeled for any of the Big Five.
- Optional - Cape Town: Visit the District Six Museum, a memorial dedicated to the area destroyed during the Apartheid era and the 60,000 inhabitants who were forced to relocate.
- Optional - Cape Town: Join a Local Expert for a visit of trendy The Old Biscuit Mill, a vibrant market and creative hub in the city. Meet some of the vendors, browse the stalls and sample culinary delights.
- Optional - Cape Winelands: Sip the award-winning wines of the Vergelegen Estate during a private tasting. Take a stroll through some of the 18 unique gardens of the manor house while you visit.
- Optional - Cape Winelands: Get on a bike and explore of of the nearby vineyards with a guide.
- Optional - Kruger National Park: Join your ranger for a bush walk where you can experience the thrill of tracking different wildlife.
- Optional - Kruger National Park: Enjoy a relaxing high tea served in the peaceful surrounds of Lion Sands, with only birdsong for company.
- Cape Town: Join Christo Brand, a former prison guard of Nelson Mandela, for lunch at the Amy Foundation to hear fascinating stories about South Africa’s first Black President, a heroic figure who stood for freedom and justice throughout the late 20th century.
London and Paris Explorer (Winter)
- Paris: Experience a classic old style quintessentially Parisian Bistro, run by Daniel and his family, at your Be My Guest Dinner. This is where the locals come and is one of our favourite places for rustic and soulful French cuisine.
- Explore London and Paris with a Local Specialist
- Discover Bath and Windsor
- Visit the Roman Baths in Bath, Stonehenge and the Palace of Versailles
- View the Eiffel Tower, the Champs-Élysées, the Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- See Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Buckingham Palace in London and the White Cliffs of Dover
Treasures of Italy (Summer, Classic)
- Rome: Enjoy a Welcome Dinner with your fellow travellers at a uniquely Roman local restaurant.
- Italian Lakes: For your Dine-Around Evening, you are offered a selection of hand-picked local restaurants to choose from, each with its own distinctive ambience and cuisine.
- Lake Iseo: Learn about this historic winery, passed down through the generations, and taste its latest vintages.
- Burano: Cruise to the charming fisherman's island of Burano to enjoy a delicious Celebration Dinner with wine and new-found friends.
- Vatican: Gain priority access into the Vatican Museums and admire the famous Bramante Staircase. Witness the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel and view the splendid dome of St. Peter's Basilica.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing, now practised by precious few masters. Watch artisans create delicate works of art using rare traditional practices. The workshop's master craftsmen teach visitors about the traditional craft of glassblowing and its history which dates back to the 15th century. Every visit helps to support the workshop and the survival of this traditional craft. The workshop advances UN Sustainable Development Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities.
- Rome: Discover ancient treasures of Rome with a passionate local. See Circus Maximus and the Ancient Forum, and stand beside the Colosseum, which bears witness to the limitless courage of the gladiators.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Expert through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town, frozen in time since the 1st century.
- Capri: Explore Capri town with your Local Expert and see the whitewashed houses, winding alleyways, small cafes, fashionable boutiques and artisans studios.
- Capri: Discover the luxuriant Gardens of Augustus with a Local Expert and admire views of the Faraglioni rocks.
- Florence: Wander through the market stalls and browse for local Italian souvenirs and leather goods on a guided shopping tour.
- Florence: Stand beside Michelangelo's monumental statue, 'David', in the Accademia Gallery, and admire the exquisite technique and absorbing history behind the world's most famous sculpture.
- Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods and witness a gold and leatherwork demonstration.
- Florence: Enjoy panoramic views over of the city and see the Florence Cathedral. During your guided walking orientation, see the bell tower, Gates of Paradise on the baptistery and visit Piazza della Signoria.
- Cinque Terre: Led by your Local Expert, visit this unique UNESCO World Heritage Site, tucked away on the mountainous Italian Riviera coastline. Explore one of the five charming fishing villages for some memorable pictures.
- Portofino: Visit this elegant fishing village and admire the coloured houses and yachts moored in the harbour.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark's Square and see the Doge's Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark's Basilica.
- Venice: Delight in the magic of this charming city as you are serenaded, travelling through the atmospheric canals by gondola.
The Loire Valley, a Royal legacy
- Cruise on board a paddle steamer
- EXCLUSIVE TO CROISIEUROPE the Loire from above(1)
- EXCURSIONS INCLUDED
- Full-day excursion to the castles of the Loire Valley: guided tours of the castles of Ussé, Azay-le-Rideau and the gardens of Villandry
- Wine-tasting in the cellars of the Brissac castle(3)
- Secret courtyards and covered passageways in Nantes
- The Saint-Nazaire shipyard, embodiment of French pride
- The wine route of the Muscadet through the vineyards of the Nantes region
Ultimate Italy (Venice Simplon-Orient-Express, Sm ...
- Tuscany: If you are travelling on a Founder's Collection departure, on Day 6 you are invited to an exclusive lunch and wine tasting with Marchese Mazzei at his centuries-old Tuscan estate. This experience will replace the lunch and wine tasting at the Guardastelle Estate.
- Rome: Stroll around the Roman Forum, learning more about the ancient ruins of government buildings while enjoying the panoramic views over the Eternal City. Then, skip the queues to view the iconic Colosseum and hear the remarkable history of the largest amphitheater in the ancient world.
- Rome: Every side street has something to offer, as you’ll see on a guided exploration of the hidden sites of Rome with your knowledgeable Local Expert. Get away from the crowds and discover more culture and art in this living masterpiece.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Expert through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town, frozen in time since the 1st century, when a volcanic eruption engulfed the streets. Hear more about the lavish lives the locals lived and visit well-preserved ruins of baths and local shops.
- Capri: Arrive in style for your overnight stay as the jet-set do, travelling to your luxurious Capri hotel by open-top taxi. Don’t forget your headscarf or hat and sunglasses so passersby can speculate about the visiting VIP.
- Capri: Embark on a private cruise that takes you around the dramatic coast of Capri to seek out hidden coves and grottos that few get to see. The White Grotto is a dazzling sight with the stalactites that dangle over its entrance.
- Perugia: Meet Marta, fourth-generation weaver and recipient of a TreadRight Foundation grant at Laboratorio Giuditta Brozzetti. Discover how she and her weavers are preserving the medieval Umbrian tradition of loom-weaving at their artisanal workshop and sharing their own piece of a colourful history. On this MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience Marta and her students help to safeguard the unique patterns while contributing to the protection of Umbria’s cultural heritage. The workshop is owned by women and actively empowers women and girls through its education and training programs.
- San Gimignano: Visit this small hillside city and find out why it's called the 'medieval Manhattan of Italy'. Enter the exquisite Porto San Giovanni, the main city gate, that's stood the test of time since the 13th century. Explore well-preserved streets and beautiful ceramic stores.
- Pisa: Accompanied by your Local Expert, marvel at the gravity-defying Leaning Tower of Pisa and see the Duomo and baptistery.
- Cinque Terre: Experience some of the most awe-inspiring coastal scenery on earth at the UNESCO-listed Cinque Terre. Join your Local Expert and discover charming Manarola, a picturesque ﬁshing village, before travelling by train to the historic and colourful resort town of Rapallo.
- Venice: Take a private water taxi along the Grand Canal to make an elegant arrival at your luxurious hotel, which sits right by the water’s edge. Soak up the romance of this enchanting city as you experience a relaxing journey on the water.
- Venice: Join your Local Expert for an enriching exploration of the many wondrous sights of Venice. Admire St. Mark’s Basilica, a brilliant example of Italo-Byzantine architecture, and feel the whispers from the Bridge of Sighs, a historic passageway to the Doge's Palace.
- Venice: The bygone glamour of luxury travels breathes within the vintage carriages of the legendary Venice Simplon-Orient-Express. It is, quite simply, the most storied set of carriages in the world transporting you to another world entirely. From the art deco flourishes to the masterful marquetry the train epitomises the opulence and elegance of the Golden Age of travel.
- Optional - Assisi: Join a Local Expert for a guided visit to the imposing Basilica of St. Francis.
- Optional - Assisi: Treat your palate as you sample Umbrian specialities at a tasting experience.
- Optional - Florence: Join an art historian to immerse yourself in Renaissance Florence. Visit the Accademia Museum and marvel at the statue of David, a Michelangelo masterpiece. See the impressive trio of the Duomo, Bell Tower and Baptistery before arriving to Piazza della Signoria, traditionally the political heart of the city.
- Optional - Florence: Join a local foodie and get to know Florence one bite at a time on your walking tour. Learn about Florentine speciliaties, visit the lively Mercato Centrale and sample a selection of gourmet highlights.
- Vatican: Enter the Vatican Museums and visit the Sistine Chapel on a tour with your Local Expert. Be awed by the frescoes that adorn the walls and roof, painted by masters such as Michelangelo, Botticelli and Ghirlandaio.
- Venice: Triumphantly enter the Doge's Palace as a guardian permits only you and your travelling companions to enter for an after-hours tour. Discover the art, culture and history of the Venetian Republic in a small, intimate group.
Best of the Canyonlands
- Grand Canyon National Park: Meet a geologist at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon to learn about how this natural marvel was formed and all the different layers that make up the Colorado Plateau.
- Monument Valley: Journey through the barren beauty of the desert to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park where you will board off-road open-air vehicles to explore the famous 17-mile loop of Monument Valley with your Navajo guide. View many of the famous monuments including The East and West Mittens viewpoint, John Ford’s Point & Three Sisters viewpoint, the Totem Pole viewpoint, Artist’s Point, and the North Window viewpoints - the backdrop for many western Hollywood hits, including Stagecoach and Fort Apache.
- Vail: Vail is one of Colorado's great playgrounds. While the winter attracts the ski crows, the summer draws in guests to the European-style Vail Village. Surrounded by towering peaks the pedestrian village offers a unique mix of shops, restaurants, pubs, and cafes. The locals take pride in their friendliness and making sure that Vail has a cosmopolitan feel while at the same time remaining unprentious.
- Moab: Enjoy small town hospitality with incredible red rock landscapes with a visit to Moab.
- Arches National Park: Visit Arches National Park, housing the greatest concentration of natural arches in the world. Some 6,000 natural sandstone arches can be found within the boundaries of the national park.
- Canyonlands National Park: It's on to Canyonlands National Park for a drive onto the Island in the Sky - a mesa resting 1,000 feet (305 meters) above the surrounding countryside, offering spectacular views over the dramatic sandstone formations.
- Mesa Verde National Park: Admire the ancient cliff dwellings of the Ancestral Puebloan people, carved out of the sandstone of the canyon walls, at the UNESCO-listed Mesa Verde National Park. Several hundred of these dwellings, in addition to thousands of known archaeological sites, are preserved in this protected area and you'll have an opportunity to see several during your visit to the park, as you ride along the Mesa Top Loop, and Cliff Palace Loop, where you can see the magnificent Cliff Palace.
- Cameron: Explore the historic Cameron Trading Post, founded over one hundred years ago. Our visit helps support the Navajo who live in the area and sell their goods, such as Navajo jewelry, baskets, rugs, kachinas, pottery and artwork.
- Las Vegas: Go sightseeing in the largest city in Nevada and one of the world's greatest resort cities, Las Vegas.
- Monument Valley: Travel to Monument Valley for a highly enjoyable cookout lunch with members of the Navajo Nation. You’ll take off-road vehicles to the cookout site where you’ll enjoy a delicious steak and chicken dinner with a chance to try traditional Navajo tacos and fry-bread.
- Grand Canyon: Travel to Desert View and bask in the views of the Grand Canyon and the iconic watchtower decorated with its Hopi artist murals. Make your way to an Inter-tribal Cultural Heritage site where members share their stories, family histories and provide cultural demonstrations such as carpet weaving and traditional song and dance performances. Our visit and donation provide a continuous source of seed funding for the heritage site while allowing guests to engage directly with Indigenous community members.
- Discover the Grand Canyon with Tim, a Local Specialist and Geologist
- Visit Vail, Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, Moab, the cliff dwellings of Mesa Verde National Park, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon National Park, Las Vegas
- See Delicate Arch in Arches National Park
- Scenic Drive along Desert View Drive and Route 66
Classic South America (Small Groups)
- Santiago: Meet a Local Expert for an in-depth city exploration. Start out at the heart of the city, seeing the Chilean University, San Francisco Church and the Santa Lucia Hill. Then visit the Plaza de Armas and the cathedral. Cross the Mapocho river to the bohemian Bellavista district on the way to San Cristobal Hill, where you will have the best views of Santiago and the Andes Mountains.
- Santiago: Visit Kingston Family Winery, a small boutique winery located in Casablanca Valley for an introduction to and tasting of their exquisite wines.
- Valparaiso: From Santiago, head west towards Valparaíso. Pass by the main square where you can see the monument honoring the 1879 Naval Battle of Iquique. Declared a World Heritage by UNESCO, Valparaíso offers unique ocean landscapes with colorful neighborhoods, picturesque cobblestone streets, and old cable cars.
- Buenos Aires: Take a tour of this historical and prestigious opera house and explore the Main Hall, Foyer, Bustos Gallery and the Golden Hall.
- Iguassu Falls: Head to the Argentinean side of Iguassu Falls and view the unfathomable Devil's Throat.
- Iguassu Falls: Join a local expert for a spectacular walk past thundering curtains of water and misty rainbows on the Brazilian side of the falls. Explore the base of the falls and see the impressive panoramic view of San Martin Island.
- Iguassu Falls: See several native birds in their natural habitat. One of the largest bird parks in Latin America, The Bird Park is an integrated conservation center for birds of the Atlantic Forest and his home to 120 species of birds.
- Rio de Janeiro: Experience sightseeing with a Local Expert and a cable car journey to the lofty heights of Sugarloaf Mountain.
- Rio de Janeiro: Visit this beautiful library that was built in the heart of Rio by the Portuguese monarchy.
- Rio de Janeiro: Visit the Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil, one of the most important cultural centers in the country. Admire the Art Deco design by Francisco Joaquim Bethencourt da Silva.
- Rio de Janeiro: Take a train ride up Corcovado Hill through the Tijuca National Forest to the open arms of Christ the Redeemer and magnificent views over the legendary bay.
- Optional - Buenos Aires: Meet the local gauchos and learn about the traditions of these South American Cowboys on a horseback ride.
- Optional - Buenos Aires: Explore the beautiful ranch on a leisurely walk, learning all about the gaucho lifestyle.
- Ipanema: Meet Local Expert Cecelo, a local guitarist, music aficionado, and studio owner from Ipanema. Join him on a walking tour of Ipanema, the birthplace of Bossa Nova in the 1950s. Enjoy the sounds and sights of the place that inspired this new genre of samba music. After your tour, head back to your hotel where Cecelo will play you some Bossa Nova classics over a caipirinha cocktail.
National Park Wonders (Black Hills Pow Wow, Jackson)
- Sheridan: Learn about the early 20th-century history of the old town of Sheridan with an exclusive dinner at PO News and Flagstaff Café.
- Black Hills: Contribute to the preservation of the heritage of Native Americans during a visit to the Crazy Horse Memorial. This iconic monument represents the Oglala Lakota warrior 'Crazy Horse' on land considered sacred, in the Black Hills of South Dakota.
- Sheridan: Admire Devils Tower, a geological monolith that seems to rise up out of the prairie. You’ll be able to see why Devils Tower is considered sacred to local Native American tribes, as it is totally unique and contrasts with the plains around it. The first National Monument in the USA (1906) the tower stands some 867-feet from summit to base. Native American's often refer to the monument as Bear Lodge Butte.
- Cody: You'll get a glimpse into the "Spirit of the West" at the Buffalo Bill Center for the West museum complex. As you wonder through this huge set of exhibits you'll feel like you've been transported back to a time of cowboys and cowgirls, gun-toting lawmen and brave Native American warriors.
- Yellowstone National Park: Without a doubt a bucket list destination for many travelers - welcome to Yellowstone National Park. Established as America's first National Park by President Grant in 1872 Yellowstone is famous for it's hot springs, bubbling mud pots, vast canyons and lush forests as far as the eye can see.
- Grand Teton National Park: See Grand Teton National park with the shimmering peaks of the Teton range rising up above alpine forests and lakes. The park is famous for it's 40-mile long Teton Mountain Range including the major peaks of that particular range.
- Jackson: The Jackson Hole Aerial Tram in Teton Village is the gateway to your national park experience. Located one mile from the entrance to Grand Teton National Park, the tram takes passengers from the valley to the mountain summits and provides the easiest way to stand at the top of the Teton Range. The Aerial Tram at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort rises 4,139 vertical feet to the summit of Rendezvous Mountain. Take in 360-degree views of the Tetons, Jackson Hole, the Snake River Valley, Grand Teton National Park and the staggering summit of the Grand.
- Black Hills: Enjoy an evening at the Black Hills Pow Wow, one of the premier American Indian cultural events in the United States, attracting hundreds of dancers, singers, artisans and several thousand spectators.
- Discover Jackson
- Visit the towering peaks of Grand Teton National Park, the Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, Devils Tower National Monument, the Black Hills of South Dakota
- View Crazy Horse Memorial, Mount Rushmore
- Explore Badlands National Park as an optional choice from Rapid City
- See the many facets of Yellowstone National Park with its geysers, hot springs, deep canyon and wildlife
- Scenic Drive through Yellowstone
Spectacular Canadian Rockies (Goldleaf)
- Vancouver: Visit Maan Farms for an immersive and delicious peek at local farming. Learn how Maan Farms began producing cole crops, but soon shifted to growing the strawberries, raspberries and blueberries for which they became famous. From one small berry stand, Maan Farms has grown into a place with something for everyone. Enjoy a local Indian lunch with an experience on the farm (seasonal) ranging from U-pick during berry season, behind the scenes winery tour or fall pumpkin patch exploration.
- Vancouver: Embark on a morning tour of Vancouver's historic neighbourhoods with your Travel Director. Savour the smells of freshly steamed Siopao in Chinatown and admire the Victorian Facades of Gastown as you make your way to the leafy sanctuary of Stanley Park to view First Nations totem poles.
- Victoria: Enjoy some sightseeing around Victoria and bask in some of its wonderful sights. Take a leisurely stroll along the Inner Harbour where you will have the chance to watch street buskers perform. Take a look at the Parliament Buildings erected in 1897 with its beautiful orderly gardens. Or venture to Victoria's unique shopping areas in Market Square.
- Victoria: This lush and expansive garden is a must-see oasis, which has been growing in Victoria, BC for over 100 years.
- Mount Robson: Take a visit to one of the world's crown jewels at Mount Robson and admire one of the finest views in the Rocky Mountains.
- Jasper: Take time to enjoy the wonders of Jasper National Park. Hop on mountain bikes and travel along the park's network of trails or embark on a hike through river-cut canyons. You could also try out white water rafting along routes taken by early explorers.
- Jasper: Enjoy a guided walk around Maligne Canyon. Admire this incredible natural landmark as you cross six bridges built across various points of this breath-taking canyon.
- Maligne Lake: Enjoy a scenic cruise around Maligne Lake where you'll discover world-famous Spirit Island and get great photo opportunities with beautiful mountain views.
- Icefields Parkway: Drive on one of the most scenic drives in North America through mountains, glaciers and lakes on the Icefields Parkway.
- Athabasca Glacier: Enjoy the picturesque waterfall on your visit to Athabasca Falls.
- Columbia Icefield: Explore nature on the Columbia Icefield Adventure. Travel on a massive Ice Explorer and view one of the largest non-polar ice fields in the world, the Athabathsca Glacier.
- Lake Louise: See the turquoise waters of Lake Louise and the Victoria Glacier with its scenic mountain backdrop.
- Banff: Take a guided tour around Banff and discover the big sites as well as a few local spots.
- Vancouver: Discover the diverse living cultures of the Northwest Coast at The Bill Reid Gallery, the only public Gallery in Canada dedicated to contemporary Indigenous Northwest Coast Art. Established by the Bill Reid Foundation in 2008 to celebrate the Haida master artist, Bill Reid (1920 - 1998), the Gallery honors him with an in-house collection, special exhibitions and programs that build bridges between Indigenous and settler populations. Learn about Reid’s work as an acclaimed master goldsmith, carver, sculptor, writer, broadcaster, mentor and community activist while viewing his art.
- Explore Vancouver, Victoria, Jasper National Park, Banff National Park, Columbia Icefield Adventure
- Visit Mt Robson Visitor Center, Maligne Canyon during a guided walk
- View Lake Louise, Stanley Park Totem Poles, Athabasca Falls, Mount Robson, Bow Falls & Surprise Corner
- Scenic Drive along Icefields Parkway
- Kamloops: In Kamloops, enjoy a Stays With Stories experience at The South Thompson Inn. Once home to a thoroughbred racing stable, this riverfront property still has the original brick manor and carriage houses.
Best of Germany and Austria
- Rhineland: In a medieval castle high above the Rhine River Valley, you'll enjoy an exclusive Be My Guest lunch and be transported back to a time of kings and knights.
- Frankfurt: Spend the day exploring the sights of Frankfurt.
- Rhineland: Cruise beneath the semi-ruined castles and terraced vineyards. Sleepy villages slip by as you saunter upstream to the Lorelei Rock where the enchantress lured sailors to their doom.
- Cologne Cathedral: The towering Cathedral of Cologne is an impressive introduction to this riverside city.
- Berlin: During a sightseeing tour with your Local Specialist, admire Berlin landmarks like the Tiergarten and the neo- Renaissance Reichstag.
- Berlin: Take in panoramic views of the city from the observation platform of the Berlin TV Tower.
- Wurzburg: See the Residenz Palace as you explore the old town with your Travel Director. Stand on the statue-lined Alte Mainbrucke and see the Marienburg fortress.
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber: Visit the medieval center of Rothenburg.
- Munich: During your orientation of the city with your Travel Director, see Feldherrnhalle in the Odeonsplatz, the Palace of the Dukes of Wittelsbach, the English Garden, the Hofbräuhaus, St. Peter's Church and the famous Marienplatz.
- Munich: Admire the magical countryside at the Neuschwanstein Castle.
- Salzburg: Join your Local Specialist to visit the formal gardens of Mirabell Palace and Residence Square - both locations used in 'The Sound of Music.' See the imposing fortress, the immense cathedral and Mozart's birthplace on the lively Getreidegasse.
- Melk: Take in the beautiful landscapes of Wachau Valley.
- Vienna: Walk through the first district, Inner Stadt, as your Local Specialist reveals the historic core of the city. Tour the Ring Road to see the Hofburg Imperial Residence, Opera House, Parliament Building and Karlskirche.
- Explore Berlin, Salzburg and Vienna with a Local Specialist
- Discover Frankfurt, Cologne, Rothenburg, Munich and Innsbruck
- Visit the Berlin TV Tower, Neuschwanstein Castle and Swarovski Crystal Worlds in Innsbruck
- View Cologne Cathedral, the Golden Roof in Innsbruck, Mozart's birthplace in Salzburg, Hofburg Palace and St. Stephen's Cathedral in Vienna
- See the Lorelei Rock, the Marienberg Fortress and the Prince-Bishops' residence in Würzburg and Melk Abbey
- Scenic Cruise along the Rhine River
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber: Step into 15th-century Germany at the Prinzhotel, built in the traditional half-timbered style and ideally located within the city's famous fortified town walls.
- Munich: The Arabella Sheraton Munich once saw Led Zeppelin, Iggy Pop, Freddie Mercury and other musical legends belt out record breaking tunes in the then-hotel basement recording studio.
- Vienna: Step into this unique establishment on the banks of the Danube and discover a building that has undergone a makeover from its previous life as a grain silo since the early 1900s.
Highlights of Singapore and Malaysia (Beach Stay)
- Malacca: Enjoy lunch with a local family in the village of Kampung Cantik, Malacca.
- Singapore: Visit Singapore's Chinatown to learn about Chinese immigrants history.
- Singapore: Visit Singapore's Little India to have an insight of Indian culture and tradition.
- Singapore: Sample Singapore's culinary delights on a walking tour.
- Singapore: During your city tour of Singapore, see the remaining landmarks of the Colonial District. Observe the dramatic architectural contrast between different areas of the city as you stroll along the Singapore River.
- Singapore: Witness the delicate craft of Chinese Calligraphy, demonstrated by a Local Specialist.
- Singapore: During your visit to Joo Chiat and Katong, admire a display of local delicacies and artefacts at a Peranakan-style shophouse.
- Malacca: Join a Local Specialist as you encounter the multi-cultural history of Malacca.
- Malacca River: Cruise along the Malacca River. See historic buildings and warehouses of this formerly prominent trading port.
- Kuala Lumpur: During an orientation of Kuala Lumpur, visit Independence Square and see the impressive façade of the Sultan Abdul Samad Building. Ascend to the Sky Bridge observation deck for unforgettable views of the city.
- Kuala Lumpur: Take in the wide array of fresh produce and observe the local business customs during a visit to Chow Kit Market.
- Kampung Baru: Visit the ''New Village'' of Kuala Lumpur. Gain insight into this historic enclave of Kuala Lumpur and appreciate the distinct contrast between Kampung Baru's traditional buildings and the neighbouring skyscrapers.
- Batu Caves: Admire the limestone cave temples of the remarkable Batu Caves.
- Tanah Rata: Enjoy afternoon tea and scones in Tanah Rata before visiting a local strawberry farm.
- Ipoh: During your visit of the Perak Cave Temple, see the golden Buddha and intricate murals.
- Ipoh: Experience the dynamic energy of Ipoh on a walking tour. See its old town and gain insight into the colonial buildings that have been converted to trendy cafés and shops.
- Kuala Kangsar: Marvel at the ornate golden details of the Ubudiah Mosque's exterior before venturing inside during your visit today.
- A Local Specialist will demontrate the nearly-forgotten craft of making joss sticks, tipically used for burning in religious rituals.
- Penang: Visit Khoo Kongsi, an elaborately-decorated Chinese clanhouse at the heart of the city's oldest district.
- Georgetown: Take in the cultural landmarks of Georgetown from the comfort of a traditional trishaw, also known as a 'cycle rickshaw'.
- Kuala Lumpur: Visit a village inhabited by the Orang Asli ethnic group.
- Visit a traditional keris maker to learn about this ancient craft and support local artisans in the community.
- Explore Singapore, Malacca and Kuala Lumpur
- Visit the Botanic Gardens in Singapore, Dutch Square in Malacca, the Petronas Twin Tower Sky Bridge and the Batu Caves in Kuala Lumpur, the Cameron Highlands, the Perak Cave Temple near Ipoh and the Ubudiah Mosque in Kuala Kangsar
- View the King's Palace and Sultan Abdul Samad Building in Kuala Lumpur
- Malacca: Scenic Cruise along the Malacca River
- Georgetown: In Georgetown, stay in a stunning heritage hotel that was built in the 1920s and originally housed traditional shop-houses.
Australia and New Zealand Panorama
- Queenstown: Come and meet your host 'Southern Girl' Laura on her farm in the South Island, when she will share her fascinating story of growing up on a sheep and deer farm.
- Walter Peak: Get up close to farmyard animals on a guided walking tour at Walter Peak on the shores of Lake Wakatipu in the New Zealand high country.
- Rotorua: Enter Te Puia for an evening of Maori culture and connection. A traditional Hangi meal is followed by a captivating cultural performance.
- Rotorua: Visit Whakarewarewa Living Village for insights into the lives of the Maori community and their special bond they share with their country, Aotearoa.
- Cairns: Join us to plant some trees which will help in the restoration of rainforest in Far North Queensland.
- Rotorua: Visit the National Kiwi Hatchery Aotearoa and learn about the work being done to save New Zealand's national bird.
- Explore Hartley's Crocodile Adventures in Cairns, Sydney, and the National Kiwi Hatchery in Rotorua with a Local Specialist
- Discover Melbourne and Sydney
- Visit Wendy's Secret Garden in Lavender Bay, a geothermal valley at Whakarewarewa in Rotorua, and a farm in the Southern Alps
- View Sydney Harbour Bridge, a Maori cultural performance
- Scenic Cruise on the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland, and on Sydney Harbour
- Scenic Drive through Queenstown with views of Lake Wakatipu and the Remarkables Mountain Range
In order to see Travelstride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top 50-Plus Travel Attractions & Experiences
Top 50-Plus Travel Experiences
Waking to the rising sun in an African game lodge to a view of giraffes, zebras and wildebeest sipping side by side at a watering hole just outside your window.
Sipping wine on deck or on your balcony as your river cruise boat drifts past an ever-changing panorama of old-world Europe.
Walking alongside strange-looking iguanas, exotic birds and giant tortoises -- all unafraid of humans -- as you tour the Galapagos Islands.
Setting eyes on the Taj Mahal, the Great Wall of China, Angkor Wat and the temples of Kyoto on a grand tour -- or better yet, tours -- of Asia.
Gazing at the vast Amazon rainforests via riverboat while listening to howler monkeys crying in the distance.
Marveling at the sheer force of power generated by waters flowing over Victoria Falls in Africa and Iguassu Falls in South America.
Birding in the Costa Rican rainforests and coming upon a rare species to add to your life list.
Landing on the seventh continent, Antarctica, on an expedition-style cruise that only a small number of people will ever get to experience.
Discovering the birthplaces of the Americas on journeys to Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic and Quebec City in Canada.
Trekking to Peru’s Machu Picchu or atop Tanzania’s Mt. Kilimanjaro to test your mettle and enjoy some of the world’s finest views.
Rafting the wild rivers of Idaho, California, or West Virginia under the expert direction of an experienced guide.
Taking a small ship cruise along the gorgeous and historic coastlines of Croatia, Turkey or Greece.
50,710 50-Plus Travel Tour Reviews - Summary 92% Recommend
All 50-Plus tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventures. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.6 for all 50-Plus Travel trips.
2,167 trips from 450 tour companies with 50,710 reviews
More 50-Plus Travel Guided Tours
Italian Holiday Summer 2018
Paris Explorer Summer 2018
Best of Scotland Summer 2018
Scenic Parks Explorer Summer 2018
Now you can find, compare, and share trips from 1,000+ operators and expert trip planners. Unlike most travel agencies and websites that only show options from large companies that pay big commissions, we show you all the options we can gather, and we’re adding more all the time. We want you to have all the available information to find your perfect trip, no matter who it’s with. Whether you’re looking for a short weekend getaway or a multi-country expedition, you can find it on Travelstride. About us.
...to foster a community connecting travelers to wonderful places, people, & experiences. Learn more.Got it
Click to send a new magic link to your inbox.
- Bookmark trips you like
- Share with your travel companions
- Track price changes
- Access private discounts on trips you save
TripFinder is a member-only feature. Dont worry, its free!
With a membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Just use the email address and password provided in the email we sent.
With your free membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Your travel guide dog
I’m on it!
Searching thousands of trips by hundreds of tour companies...
Just a moment, Rover is fetching your perfect trip.